Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AoWW

Little Man Tate

Who the fook are they? Have I been in an undetected coma and missed summat? I feel left out. :(

Good group, another good Sheffield band.

Album is called About What You Know. Je recommend.

I like them to be honest. House Party At Boothys is a chuuuuune.

I don't mind them... they're a bit lightweight and I hate to use this word... but .... immature ( ? )

I can imagine a 13 year old 'troubled', 'misunderstood', 'deep' (haha) teenager cringing at some of the vocals.

I've given the album a few listens and it's certainly passable.

Who going to be the first to label them as a 2nd rate AM rip off? Oh. Wait. It was me, just then.

I don't mind them... they're a bit lightweight and I hate to use this word... but .... immature ( ? )

I can imagine a 13 year old 'troubled', 'misunderstood', 'deep' (haha) teenager cringing at some of the vocals.

I've given the album a few listens and it's certainly passable.

Who going to be the first to label them as a 2nd rate AM rip off? Oh. Wait. It was me, just then.

Agree with your first point, some of the lyrics are a bit sort of, cringeworthy, but its catchy music.

Disagree with your second though, i think they have a different sound that the AM. Only real similarity i can think of is hailing from the steel city :dunno:

By vocals, I meant lyrics... clumsy of me.

The Arctic Monkeys are much better anyway.

It just seems to me like 6 months after the AM made it big, all the record companies though - right let's find some Sheffield bands who sing about real life situations that teenagers/young adults find themselves in yadda yadda yadda... and this was one of the bands they came up with.

It's not a negative thing against LMT - that's how fads in music work.

They kinda remind me of Britpop - in a they wouldn't have been a very good Britpop band but sounds like thats where they belong - kind of way. Longpigs/Bluetones kinda thing.

Sheeeeeeee Said!

By vocals, I meant lyrics... clumsy of me.

The Arctic Monkeys are much better anyway.

It just seems to me like 6 months after the AM made it big, all the record companies though - right let's find some Sheffield bands who sing about real life situations that teenagers/young adults find themselves in yadda yadda yadda... and this was one of the bands they came up with.

It's not a negative thing against LMT - that's how fads in music work.

They kinda remind me of Britpop - in a they wouldn't have been a very good Britpop band but sounds like thats where they belong - kind of way. Longpigs/Bluetones kinda thing.

Sheeeeeeee Said!

Yeah the vocals are similar, about real life experiences of days gone by.

There does seem to be bands jumping on the bandwagon, but they'll get found out eventually. Wether LMT are one of these bands, time will tell, but i like their sound. Theres a lot of good music coming out of Sheffield at the minute for sure.

I prefer Reverend and The Makers though :wub:

Now they are a group to watch out for.

AMAZING live band and they've got quite the little following around these parts, i've had the pleasure of seeing them 3 or 4 times and they've almost literally blown the roof off of the tent at SSW, the charlotte and rescue rooms in Notts.

Some say immature i say hilarious and the lead singers off the cuf campery when jigging about live is a sight to behold.

'Are they great boobs or a wonderbra? I asked her name and she said Jennifer.'

Best song - Sexy In Latin or Court Report if im in the right mood.

So glad i went and peeped LMT instead of Vashti Bunyan at SSW.

AMAZING live band and they've got quite the little following around these parts, i've had the pleasure of seeing them 3 or 4 times and they've almost literally blown the roof off of the tent at SSW, the charlotte and rescue rooms in Notts.

Some say immature i say hilarious and the lead singers off the cuf campery when jigging about live is a sight to behold.

'Are they great boobs or a wonderbra? I asked her name and she said Jennifer.'

Best song - Sexy In Latin or Court Report if im in the right mood.

So glad i went and peeped LMT instead of Vashti Bunyan at SSW.

Saw them at loughborough SU, was brilliant.

House party at boothy's great song.

• 1 month later...

Seen em 4 times now! Reading 06 and 07 also at the Charlotte twice. Not the most original band but man they have chuuuuuuuuuuunes! Amazing live, even tho they were a bit disappointing at Reading 07 but this was because they were on the main stage, and their music is best in a small venue. Would recommend 'House Party At Boothys" and "What, What you got?" (that isn't on the album). They took us all to the pub after one of their gigs at the charlotte for a pint and they are the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

• 5 months later...

Archived