Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Kilmarnock v Leicester Match thread

HT: Kilmarnock 1-0 Leicester City

Posted on: Sat 28 Jul 2007

Killie took the lead with just 50 seconds on the clock - Gary Wales slotting home past Jimmy Nielsen in the City goal.

City's first real effort on goal came with 15 minutes on the clock. DJ Campbell threaded a neat ball into the path of Iain Hume, but his shot from the edge of the area fall wide of the target.

Allan Johnston made room for a shot on the edge of the City penalty area with 23 minutes on the clock, but Richard Stearman was on hand to make a strong block.

James Chambers came close 10 minutes later, but his cross-cum-shot fell just wide of Combe's left-hand upright.

Article continues

Advertisement

HT: Kilmarnock 1-0 Leicester City

City: Nielsen, Stearman, Chambers, N'Gotty, McAuley, Clemence, Newton, Kishishev, Hume, Campbell, Mattock.

Subs: Fryatt, Henderson, Wesolowski, de Vries, Odhiambo, Hellings, Sheehan.

Killie: Combe, Fowler, Hay, Lilley, Wright, Ford, Sylla, Johnston, Nish, Wales, Gibson.

Subs: Murray, Harqur, Fernandez, O'Leary, Koudou, Hamill, Bryson.

yes, problem?

It surprises me that after transforming our football club from relegation threatened tripe into respectable play off contenders within 6 months people are "worried" about our starting line-up.

Not to mention the fact that we may see a couple more additions to the squad before the start of the season.

I am anti-negativity right now. Of any kind.

EDIT: apart from the goalkeeper worries!

Basically we've been shit and created one chance.

Allen out. :angry::P

I'd guess there will be some changes made now, hopefully get a couple of goals in the second half, although I guess a good performance is the main thing. :thumbup:

Killie should be a good test for us anyway... they play Rangers and Celtic on a regular basis... so we'll see... I can't see it being a high scoring game... although didn't Notts Forest beat them 3-1...??? :unsure:

3 penalties apparently

It surprises me that after transforming our football club from relegation threatened tripe into respectable play off contenders within 6 months people are "worried" about our starting line-up.

Not to mention the fact that we may see a couple more additions to the squad before the start of the season.

Ok so maybe worried was not the best word, more like 'concerned'.

I don't see how people can look at that squad and say its more than average, I honestly think too many people are judging the whole team on two signings; Clemence and DJ. We shall see, hopefully we'll get another 3 players in of quality equal to that of the two players previously mentioned. I definitely think things are going in the right direction, but a defeat today will maybe screw some heads back into reality. These friendlies are against average to substandard teams for a reason: to win and boost moral...

Ok so maybe worried was not the best word, more like 'concerned'.

I don't see how people can look at that squad and say its more than average, I honestly think too many people are judging the whole team on two signings; Clemence and DJ. We shall see, hopefully we'll get another 3 players in of quality equal to that of the two players previously mentioned. I definitely think things are going in the right direction, but a defeat today will maybe screw some heads back into reality. These friendlies are against average to substandard teams for a reason: to win and boost moral...

I think that's being a bit harsh.

N'Gotty wasn't playing in the premiership for Bolton and wasn't playing consistently in a promotion winning team for no reason.

Chambers looks set to be an astute signing, and Kaebi looks very excting.

I think you've also overlooked Kishishev who I think will be a fine player for us.

Scottish Premier League 2006/07 table

1 Celtic © 38 26 6 6 65 34 +31 84

2 Rangers 38 21 9 8 61 32 +29 72

3 Aberdeen 38 19 8 11 56 37 +19 65

4 Hearts 38 17 10 11 47 35 +10 61

5 Kilmarnock 38 16 7 15 47 54 -07 55

6 Hibernian 38 13 10 15 56 46 +10 49

7 Falkirk 38 15 5 18 49 47 +02 50

8 Inverness CT 38 11 13 14 42 48 -06 47

9 Dundee United 38 10 12 16 40 59 -19 42

10 Motherwell 38 10 8 20 44 57 -13 38

11 St. Mirren 38 8 12 18 31 51 -20 36

12 Dunfermline ® 38 8 8 22 26 55 -29 32

N'Gotty wasn't playing in the premiership for Bolton and wasn't playing consistently in a promotion winning team for no reason.

I think you've also overlooked Kishishev who I think will be a fine player for us.

Basically sums up what I was going to respond with... :thumbup:

I have no doubt the side as it stands currently is good enough for a top half finish.

With Mandaric and Allen behind them and assuming these new faces gel as a team play-offs has to be a reasonable expectation.

Negativity? No thanks.

Worried in the sense that the team needs to be good enough to finish in the top 5, MMs aim not mine. For me I just want to see some quality Championship football, Chambers at left back, from what i've seen doesn't provide that.

Besides for all the years I've been watching football naming the team has always been an open invite for comments positive or negative, whether the team is bottom or top of the league or just playing friendly, that's why we're all logged on here.

Astute signing quite probably, playing him at left back - nowhere near convinced and I don't see that at this stage it's about fitness anymore it should be about teamwork.

Astute signing quite probably, playing him at left back - nowhere near convinced and I don't see that at this stage it's about fitness anymore it should be about teamwork.

Someone must bring up the left sided issue at the open training next week.

Archived