Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Kilmarnock v Leicester Match thread

Astute signing quite probably, playing him at left back - nowhere near convinced and I don't see that at this stage it's about fitness anymore it should be about teamwork.

No I agree with you, Chambers is going to be nowhere near as effective playing at left back.

I think Allen's insistence on playing Stearman and Chambers in the same team is going to be as annoying this season as Kelly finding room for both Stearman and Maybury.

Three players. One position. Frustrating.

Chambers should be right back and Stearman centre-half.

If we're going to play our strongest side there's no way I'd leave Wesolowski out on his performances so far.

And Clemence/Kishishev won't be creative enough or score enough goals on their own.

McAuley is simply a defender but Stearman has the skill, speed and energy to supplement midfield.

We are still making ourselves slaves to 4-4-2 when we don't really have the personnel and when 4-3-3 may well play to our strengths.

With 4-3-3 we could have an outstanding midfield of Clemence, Kishishev, Wesolowski.

We could then use Porter behind two strikers in a free role. It would be a manoueverable near diamond formation in midfield and would increase our scoring potential considerably.

I think that's being a bit harsh.

N'Gotty wasn't playing in the premiership for Bolton and wasn't playing consistently in a promotion winning team for no reason.

Chambers looks set to be an astute signing, and Kaebi looks very excting.

I think you've also overlooked Kishishev who I think will be a fine player for us.

Chambers from the looks of things is going to be left back for the season; so all astute elements of the signing are wasted

Kaebi, very promising, good reviews, some good videos, but most of his hype has come from playing for Iran (THAT tackle), something he didn't do in the recent tournament.

N'Gotty; I don't understand this, he was superb against Notts County, as was McAuley, yet we looked like we could definately conceed goal(s), I can only think thats down to our keeper situation.

Kishi, not sure, played shocking when I saw him, but has premiership quality so a solid signing.

With POSSIBLY the exception of N'Gotty (and he will only last 2 more years), I still see DJ and Clemence in a class of their own...

Re the reply post Joe, I'm only being negative if your standards are too high, I haven't said we have a piss poor team there are definite improvements.

I think it could be a blessing in disguise as well.

Since he came in it's been all good news.... they might have been getting complacent.

I don't think Allen would let complacency come in to it.

I just think a defeat does more to highlight the areas of weakness then another relatively easy victory.

I don't think Allen would let complacency come in to it.

I just think a defeat does more to highlight the areas of weakness then another relatively easy victory.

It is easy to spot areas of weakness. Some have been glaring for a long time. It is quite different showing to will to put them right.

It is easy to spot areas of weakness. Some have been glaring for a long time. It is quite different showing to will to put them right.

I don't just mean player-wise. I mean match tactics, match fitness, communication, teamwork, etc etc. All the components of a match day that are not so easy to gauge on the training ground.

OS

Leicester City suffered their first defeat of the pre-season campaign when they went down 1-0 to Kilmarnock at Rugby Park on Saturday.

New signing DJ Campbell made his first start in a Foxes shirt on the day, while recent captures Jimmy Nielsen, James Chambers, Stephen Clemence, Shaun Newton and Radostin Kishishev were also included in the starting XI.

Killie took the lead with just 50 seconds on the clock - Gary Wales slotting home past Jimmy Nielsen in the City goal.

Leicester's first real effort on goal came in the 15th minute. Campbell threaded a neat ball into the path of Iain Hume, but his shot from the edge of the area fell wide of the target.

Allan Johnston made room for a shot on the edge of the City penalty area with 23 minutes on the clock, but Richard Stearman was on hand to make a strong block.

James Chambers came close 10 minutes later, but his cross-cum-shot fell just wide of Combe's left-hand upright.

Allen made two changes with 51 minutes on the click - James Wesolowski and Alan Sheehan replacing Shaun Newton and Richard Stearman. Chambers switched to right-back following the substitutions, with Wesolowski taking up the right-wing slot.

The City boss made two further changes on the hour mark - Mark de Vries and Matty Fryatt coming on for Campbell and Sheehan.

N'Gotty rose highest in the Kille penalty area to meet a Kishishev corner in the 78th minutes, but his glancing header fell wide of the target.

Eric Odhimabo, who had scored in City's 2-0 midweek friendly victory over Partick Thistle, replaced Hume with seven minutes of the game remaining.

Clemnece burst through the Kille defencer on 84 minutes, but his shot from 12 yards failed to trouble Combe.

The Foxes piled on the preasure in the closing stages, but would fail to make the breakthrough.

City are now due to face Cheltenham Town on Tuesday evening.

City: Nielsen, Stearman (Sheehan 51 (Fryatt 60)), Chambers, N'Gotty, McAuley, Clemence, Newton (Wesolowski 51), Kishishev, Hume (Odhiambo 83), Campbell (de Vries 60), Mattock.

Subs not used: Henderson, Hellings.

Yellow: Sheehan 55

Killie: Combe, Fowler, Hay, Lilley, Wright, Ford, Sylla, Johnston, Nish, Wales, Gibson.

Subs: Murray, Harqur, Fernandez, O'Leary, Koudou, Hamill, Bryson.

Att: 2,455

Let's not be over the top about this, it was only a friendly, many teams have lost games.

Hibernian 3 - 0 Bolton

Hibernian 1 - 0 Middlesbrough

Weymouth 3 - 0 Cardiff

Carlisle 1 - 1 Newcastle

S****horpe 1 - 0 Sunderland ?

And i'm sure there are alot more upsets, were we even favourites to win this game? I'm not so sure.

According to the OS report, Sheehan came on in the 51st minute, was booked in the 55th and subbed off on the 60th. No mention of any injury either :whistle:

Sounds ominous. :whistle:

As does no goals in Scotland for Fryatt.

Anyway -1 for the result and - 0.5 for our failure to score. (+16.5 overall).

Sheehan isn't got a brain when he is on the pitch. Everytime i have seen him he looks lost and always looks like he gonna get sent off. Get rid off not a great footballer and too eager on his tackles.

Sheehan isn't got a brain when he is on the pitch. Everytime i have seen him he looks lost and always looks like he gonna get sent off. Get rid off not a great footballer and too eager on his tackles.

How ironic.

Chambers should be right back and Stearman centre-half.

If we're going to play our strongest side there's no way I'd leave Wesolowski out on his performances so far.

And Clemence/Kishishev won't be creative enough or score enough goals on their own.

McAuley is simply a defender but Stearman has the skill, speed and energy to supplement midfield.

We are still making ourselves slaves to 4-4-2 when we don't really have the personnel and when 4-3-3 may well play to our strengths.

With 4-3-3 we could have an outstanding midfield of Clemence, Kishishev, Wesolowski.

We could then use Porter behind two strikers in a free role. It would be a manoueverable near diamond formation in midfield and would increase our scoring potential considerably.

good shout for stearman at centre back. Just depends on how his concentration is. Hes still young & could be prone to mistakes. Still think we need another Centre back, N'gotty is solid and did well in the game I saw him in pre-season but his pace just worries me a tad.

Archived