Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

David Unsworth

So you won't allow Fryatts injury problems putting him behind everyone else in terms of fitness but you'll allow it for Sheehan?

Of course I allowed it for Fryatt. He was clearly unfit at the start of the season and I said he shouldn't be picked above others who were fit.

Later, after his absence through injuries, I constantly called for him not to be picked until he was fully fit and for him to be brought back gradually from the bench.

And the same went for Kenton, Johnson, Williams and Wesolowski. But no. Williams was even re-introduced by having to play two games in four days if I remember correctly.

Totally ridiculous.

Except in dire emergency unfit players are no damned use to anyone and it does neither them nor the club any favours to pretend that they merit selection.

Guest lcfc80
I knew it was only a matter of time before we were linked with him, but according to another site he's been training with us. Does this have the legs to stay open without a link? I'm not sure, but I think this has substance.

We need a left sided defender and Unsworth has played under Mandaric before.

He's 34 now, but I still rate him. We need someone to push Mattock for the left back spot, Unsworth provides good cover for a year or so.

Thoughts?

in my opinion he was one of the most underated players in the premier league throughout his career. i think he'd make a good addition as a squad player

Good point.

The thing is, sometimes we get swept up in the future when we look at our signings and worry about someone like Unsworth next season. As far as I am concerned I dont care if we have to make 20 changes next season if we get promoted!

Someone like DU, who isnt my favourite type of player, I'm sure will cope well against most of the forwards at this level. Most of the better class quicker forwards like Kamara, Chopra, Nugent and Earnshaw are away in the Prem now and although some half decent lively ones remain, Unsworth should be more than capable of bullying teh strikers at this level. He reminds me of a Gerry Taggart style of player who coul dbe a favourite amongst the fans, especially when he starts booting them in the air lol

exactly.

if we cant attract a young up and coming left back.... as we seem to be struggling to do then what are our other options?

- one reason we could be signing a few oldies is to get us to the prem by which time they will retire/be too old for prem. we will then have the money to spend on players who will give us a chance of staying up.. We will not be able attract them yet because we are not in the prem yet...

so, short term plan- get them in, get promoted, sign the players who will be of prem caliber.

Lets just hope it works. :thumbup:

So you won't allow Fryatts injury problems putting him behind everyone else in terms of fitness but you'll allow it for Sheehan?

Well I will support any leics player through injuries including fryatt of course there has been bids for fryatt which puts his situation different to sheehan.

exactly.

if we cant attract a young up and coming left back.... as we seem to be struggling to do then what are our other options?

- one reason we could be signing a few oldies is to get us to the prem by which time they will retire/be too old for prem. we will then have the money to spend on players who will give us a chance of staying up.. We will not be able attract them yet because we are not in the prem yet...

so, short term plan- get them in, get promoted, sign the players who will be of prem caliber.

Lets just hope it works. :thumbup:

It worked with Pompey when they went up last time under Milan when they a mixture of quality and golden oldies to get them promoted. I would much rather have the likes of Hasselbaink, Andy Cole and David Unsworth playing or being brought on from the bench instead of the transfer listed players stealing seats on the team coach! Get the crap out and add a couple of OAPs who would do it at this level.

BTW, welcome to Marge. :welcome:

Archived