Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Chambers Makes The Grade

Fast, takes people on, finishes...probably too good for the first team. :D

I wonder where he's at compared with Odhiambo and McKay. He looked quality in those highlights but it is only Under 17's, along way from the rigours of professional football. At 15 in the reserves though, he looked a class above at times. Wondering whether he's got what it takes, i'm hoping he has a big season for the Under 18's and pushes his way back in to the reserves and possibly first team.

That Victor Moses is some player from Palace, check the highlights out.

I wonder where he's at compared with Odhiambo and McKay. He looked quality in those highlights but it is only Under 17's, along way from the rigours of professional football. At 15 in the reserves though, he looked a class above at times. Wondering whether he's got what it takes, i'm hoping he has a big season for the Under 18's and pushes his way back in to the reserves and possibly first team.

That Victor Moses is some player from Palace, check the highlights out.

The friendly against Quorn was the only chance I've had to see him play recently - and that was only for a short spell.

But while, at the end of last season, I worried about whether he'd lost some of his pace, against Quorn he seemed pretty much as fast and mobile as I'd ever seen him.

He attacked players and constantly caused problems even if he did fail to finish his one good chance.

Beginning of last season he was pushed onto the bench by Odhiambo and McKay but in no way did he look inferior at Quorn and I'm sure his first and main challenge is to avoid further injury - particularly to his knees which were a source of trouble before his last injury.

Style-wise Chambers is the nearest thing we've got to Fryatt in that he takes people on and has an eye for goal. But Chambers looks naturally faster, scores from a wider range, is excellent at bending his shots and can make a goal too, given chance.

Big season for him, this.

The friendly against Quorn was the only chance I've had to see him play recently - and that was only for a short spell.

But while, at the end of last season, I worried about whether he'd lost some of his pace, against Quorn he seemed pretty much as fast and mobile as I'd ever seen him.

He attacked players and constantly caused problems even if he did fail to finish his one good chance.

Beginning of last season he was pushed onto the bench by Odhiambo and McKay but in no way did he look inferior at Quorn and I'm sure his first and main challenge is to avoid further injury - particularly to his knees which were a source of trouble before his last injury.

Style-wise Chambers is the nearest thing we've got to Fryatt in that he takes people on and has an eye for goal. But Chambers looks naturally faster, scores from a wider range, is excellent at bending his shots and can make a goal too, given chance.

Big season for him, this.

Chambers plays very much in the style of Julian Joachim. We don't have any other strikers with his sort of pace and skill, other than perhaps DJ. Odhiambo and McKay are no where near as quick as him, so he has that above them.

Watching it on Eurosport at the moment. Still 1-1 with 15 mins to go. No sign of Chambers coming off the bench - shame as i think England are playing too defensively and could do with a pacey outlet.

Justice done with the save...keeper pointed at the left hand corner, so the taker put his pen there, and he saved it - genius!

Good result, but a shame we didnt show a bit more belief and attack Brazil as i think we could have won it.

Archived