Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Moreton

The Blackpool game

if we dont beat a newly promoted team convincingly then we may struggle , but i can see us getting at least four tomorrow . plus the unveiling of Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink as our new signing :cool:

Are you stupid?

This isn't going to be a walk over like you expect. Grayson will have them coming out fighting and will be well organised.

We should beat them convincingly but you can't EXPECT us to get four.

:rolleyes:

YAY!!! Finally got my ticket... (my first season as a non-ST holder since 2001 :cry: )

Row G, D2 in the Kop.

The only problem is, I have no idea what half the team looks like... :unsure:

I think I'll shout general encouragment for the first few games! :scarf::chant:

Are you stupid?

This isn't going to be a walk over like you expect. Grayson will have them coming out fighting and will be well organised.

We should beat them convincingly but you can't EXPECT us to get four.

:rolleyes:

of course its gonna be a walk over they havent got the quality that we have . if we cant beat blackpool at home convincingly then there is something seriously wrong

Please let all the optimism and good will that has built up over the summer still be in tact at 5 tomorrow.

You know how rubbish we are at starting seasons well. Whatever happens tomorrow i am looking forward to this one more than i have done for the last few years.

Blue AArmy! :)

does anyone remember a game against blackpool at filbert st around late 60s or early 70's which was played in a torrential downpour and we lost 3-0 ; the water was just sitting inches deep on the pitch and the game should have been abandoned

i think it effectively killed off our hopes of avoiding relegation from old div 1 or killed off hopes of promotion to div 1 ;

i can't remember the scenario but know it was significant for some reason ;

anyone with a better memory know more about this :dunno:

This was my first game, a night game and it rained all day, the pitch was under water,when we got there and my dad passed me down to the front to sit on the wall by the abc halftime boards. The referee called the game off when the ground was nearly full and every one started to file out, we got out of the popular stand just as the pesky ref decided to let the game go ahead, so we steamed down to the front again, i'm not sure who played for us or Blackpool, but i've been a fan ever since.

Was barely text speak = /

I'm starting to wonder whether me and me dad should have booked tickets for the game, we were just gonna go down on the day as ever but will the game sell out?

nope dont think it will be a sell out...meant to be around 28,000 at the most ive heard

of course its gonna be a walk over they havent got the quality that we have . if we cant beat blackpool at home convincingly then there is something seriously wrong

No offence, but you're an idiot.

nope dont think it will be a sell out...meant to be around 28,000 at the most ive heard

Around 25,000 home tickets had been sold this moring :thumbup:

Good news on Mattock and McAuley. I cant believe that stat that has been kicking around about no new manager has won his first game at home in 52 years.

Nor should you - it isn't true!

Gordon Lee won his first game in charge in 1991 v. Plymouth. So did Allan Evans in 1994 v. Arsenal.

The record won't mean jack to Allen - and hopefully by 5pm he'll have buried it anyway!

Archived