Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Moreton

The Blackpool game

Just wanted to say us lot are looking forward to the game one hell of a lot. Don't think we'll be a pushover - after all we have Larry leading us. I'm sure you will all give him a great welcome - he's performed miracles for us and we still have that impetous to move on. Game should be a cracker.

All the best and I hope you get a warm welcome at the Walkers, :welcome: but if you could just leave your "impetous" at the Britannia Stadium on your way passed and collect it when you go home with your collective tails between your legs I for one will be most grateful! :thumbup:

Is Mattock injured for the game or not?

I reckon we will find out either today or tomoro on the situation of mcAuley and Mattock, in MA manager speaks column.

What do u all think the line up should be ????

Nielsen

Chambers Kisnorbo McAuley Mattock

Kishishev Clemence Porter

Hume

Fryatt Campbell

Nielsen

Chambers Kisnorbo N'Gotty Mattock

Kaebi Kishishev Clemence Newton

Hume Campbell

Subs: Henderson

Mcauley

Wesolowski

Fryatt

De vries

It's basically an attacking 3-5-2 formation if you count Hume as an attacking left mid. There's no point playing 4 defenders against Blackpool, and if it doesn't go to plan then we can change it

I've not actually been able to get to any pre-season games so I haven't seen how the squad is gelling together as a unit yet, but with Kisnorbo suspended from the Blackpool game and MA saying Kenton was the outstanding player against cambridge, maybe Kenton will start along side McAuley (who deserves to start IMO)

If Kaebi takes part in the Blackpool game I wouldn't of thought that he'd start being as hes not took part in any pre-season due to Asian cup duties and lack of match fitness (according to OS statements from the gaffer)

I also couldn't help but notice most people seem to be putting Chambers at RB ahead of Stearman :dunno:

does anyone remember a game against blackpool at filbert st around late 60s or early 70's which was played in a torrential downpour and we lost 3-0 ; the water was just sitting inches deep on the pitch and the game should have been abandoned

i think it effectively killed off our hopes of avoiding relegation from old div 1 or killed off hopes of promotion to div 1 ;

i can't remember the scenario but know it was significant for some reason ;

anyone with a better memory know more about this :dunno:

Henderson

Chambers

N' Gotty

McCauley

Stearman

Porter

Kishishev

Clemence

Wesolowski

Hume

De vries

same squad that started against pompey in my opinion, apart from mattock through injury

I think he's still injured?

does anyone remember a game against blackpool at filbert st around late 60s or early 70's which was played in a torrential downpour and we lost 3-0 ; the water was just sitting inches deep on the pitch and the game should have been abandoned

You'll be lucky.

Most of the posters on here are wondering what their new teacher will be like after the summer holidays! :ph34r:

Henderson

Chambers

N' Gotty

McCauley

Stearman

Porter

Kishishev

Clemence

Wesolowski

Hume

De vries

same squad that started against pompey in my opinion, apart from mattock through injury

I think he's still injured?

That is what I find funny, 12 new (and supposedly better) players and only 4 in the starting line-up!

I know people have made loads of topics on this game but i just wanted to say that i am really looking forward to saturdays match, many people predict that it will be a sell-out croud at the walkers stadium which will create a huge, lively atmosphere, a chance to see the strong, full first team in action in the opening game of the season. And what a opener it will be against blackpool, a great opportunity to get some goals and produce a solid performance, to get a win under our belt and along with a good few goals to give us a early chance to fire ourselfs up the championship table and perhaps stay there. Also this opening fixture sees the return of the former fox Simon Grayson, now managing blackpool, who will get a great standing ovation from the city faithful. The game to kick start the season will definetly give us a great start to the 2007-2008 campaign, and i cant wait. :thumbup:

if it is a sellout crowd tomorow, does that mean we will be seeing these fantastic crowds at every game of the season including the walkovers?

MATTOCK AND MCAULEY FIT FOR TOMORROW, CAN I GET A WOOP

Sporting Life, Friday 10th August

Leicester boss Martin Allen is boosted by the news that Gareth McAuley and Joe Mattock have overcome pre-season injuries - but two of his 12 summer signings will miss the opening game of the season against Blackpool.

Defender McAuley required six stitches in his calf during last weekend's friendly defeat to Portsmouth while midfielder Mattock suffered a hip problem in the same game, but both players are included in the squad to face the newly-promoted Seasiders.

The news is not so good for new-boys Hossein Kaebi and Carl Cort who are sidelined with respective thigh and hamstring injuries.

Allen's 10 remaining new arrivals - including £2.1million striker DJ Campbell - are in contention to make their Foxes debuts.

Patrick Kisnorbo begins a two-match suspension following his red card in the home defeat to Wolves on the final day of last season.

Blackpool will be without Wes Hoolahan for the trip to the Midlands.

The Seasiders are still waiting for FIFA to decide whether the winger can complete his move to Bloomfield Road after Scottish outfit Livingston claimed that Simon Grayson's side reneged on a payment during his season-long loan last term.

Grayson does, however, have new signings Paul Rachubka, Michael Flynn, John Hills, Stephen Crainey and Gary Taylor-Fletcher all available to him.

Rachubka is expected to start the season as the club's number one goalkeeper ahead of Rhys Evans after making his loan move from Huddersfield permanent this summer.

Danny Coid has trained this week despite suffering an injury in the pre-season tour of Latvia and should be fit to play.

What an odd title from a supposedly neutral website.

What an odd title from a supposedly neutral website.

Good news all round then.

I think we already knew that Kaebi wouldn't play a part as well as Cort. I really hope Mattock will start at left back.

Good news for us that Hoolahan is out as well, he looks a real talent.

Good news on Mattock and McAuley. I cant believe that stat that has been kicking around about no new manager has won his first game at home in 52 years. The stats arent on MA side thats for certain!

Archived