Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheBlinding

Derek Riordan

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_ch...MHD=nationwide1

Leicester City are interested in out-of-favour Celtic striker Derek Riordan, according to Foxes owner Milan Mandaric.

The 24-year-old has struggled to pin down a regular first-team place since arriving from Hibernian last summer and has been linked with a move to West Brom and Norwich.

However, Leicester boss Martin Allen is keen to add the Scotland international to his squad.

Mandaric told the Scottish Daily Mail: " I can confirm that Martin has an interest in Riordan, for sure.

"There are some discussions going on between us and Celtic.

"We're at an early stage but I can't give any more details."

The Scotland international said last month that he would use the month of August to contemplate his future.

"I haven't spoken to the boss.

"I will wait and see how it goes towards the end of the transfer window.

"I don't want to have the same season as I did last season obviously, so I will see what happens."

I remember I always wanted Levein to sign him when he was at Hibernian.

Would be a very good signing

Riordan, DJ Campbell, Hume and Fryatt would be fantastic.

Still don't think MDV is good enough despite his great attitude, and Cort is the new Lee Morris

Certainly a decent strike force.

I'd be reet happy if we got this done.

Sheff Utd have Sharp, Beattie, Luton Shelton, Hulse, Danny Webber, Nade and possibly another one

Can't do any harm :D

Sheff Utd will do so badly, everyone will be crying with laughter at their waste.

Riordan can play on the left. It's a possibility.

Riordan -- Murphy -- Clemence -- Kaebi

*dribbles a little bit*

:D

Na! I don't go for all this playing players out of position, he's a striker end of. If we have the money is it really that difficult to find a left back and a left mid/winger?

Na! I don't go for all this playing players out of position, he's a striker end of. If we have the money is it really that difficult to find a left back and a left mid/winger?

Andy Robinson is a left winger.

What's all this with protecting Fryatt's place, MBK? It doesn't happen for anyone else like Weso or Porter. As the bar goes up everyone is faced with the same challenge of jumping it, Fryatt no less than anyone else.

Riordan's got his faults if he can't get in Celtic's side regularly and the answer for Fryatt, if he stays, is simple. Keep fit, keep improving, keep giving everything and keep hitting the net. I think he can do it with the right attitude.

We can do better :o

You'd be surprised how much they rate him. Anyways this mystique about the left side being so bad, last year it was one of our stronger points, even with Porter's dip in form. Nisse has gone but the emergence of Mattock and Sheehan regaining fitness cannot go undervalued. If anything one can argue that area lacks experience but I'm firmly behind Thracian on this one. Porter is a good player, conceited and idiotic perhaps but check out the Fulham game to see what he can do.

You'd be surprised how much they rate him. Anyways this mystique about the left side being so bad, last year it was one of our stronger points, even with Porter's dip in form. Nisse has gone but the emergence of Mattock and Sheehan regaining fitness cannot go undervalued. If anything one can argue that area lacks experience but I'm firmly behind Thracian on this one. Porter is a good player, conceited and idiotic perhaps but check out the Fulham game to see what he can do.

Porter is a good player but young and inconsistent.

I believe we maybe a little harsh on our young saplings like Rodney and Levi hopefully not Mattock as he looks the business for a 17 year old, but lets not get carried away.

Still do we need more strikers, prob yes more quality but why has Elvis not left the building yet? can we not even pay someone to take him? I would not be surprised!

Still do we need more strikers, prob yes more quality but why has Elvis not left the building yet? can we not even pay someone to take him? I would not be surprised!

Strangely enough for the majority of the blue army, because Allen gave him, De Vries and Kenton a squad number. The donkey is also rated by Allen.

On balance I'd rather see Riordan sign than JFH... the only thing that really excities me about the JFH/Murphy rumour is the Murphy bit... dont really care about JFH one way or another and like Fowler i get the sense he'd be an expensive risk that wouldnt pay-off.

On balance I'd rather see Riordan sign than JFH... the only thing that really excities me about the JFH/Murphy rumour is the Murphy bit... dont really care about JFH one way or another and like Fowler i get the sense he'd be an expensive risk that wouldnt pay-off.

Could not have put it better myself!

Archived