Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheBlinding

Derek Riordan

I'll admit i've never seen him play but I've heard his name mentioned a few times. Judgeing from what everyone else says this would be a great signing if it happened but I can't say because I don't know what he's like.

I'm just dubious because of all the other shit we've had come down from Scotland, but am I right in thinking this lad is in a different class to the players we've had from the SPL before?

Are you saying you would turn Riordan down? :blink:

Madness, pure madness.

As long as it's not at the expense of sorting our wingers and our left back situation out, I'd be delighted if he signed. :thumbup:

dont know much about him tbh dnt follow spl, but i want fryatt to get a run, as i think he could be great this year but with all these strikers he wil just go back in the peckin order

I'm not so sure about this! Not many scottish players can make the step up even to League 1, never mind the Championship. The only reason Henrik Larsson never left Celtic was because if he went to somebody half decent he would never play!

I'm not so sure about this! Not many scottish players can make the step up even to League 1, never mind the Championship. The only reason Henrik Larsson never left Celtic was because if he went to somebody half decent he would never play!

The guy went to Barcelona at 34(?) and excelled.

Barcelona? Man U? He was hardly poor.

What?. Larsson was a Grade A footballer up to an including his time at United. A godsend for any striker playing alongside him. If you could get an S-Level for footballing intelligence Larsson would have defined the standard.

I've said it before but if Milan announces his interest to the world, it means we're not signing him.

Interesting logic... could well be smoke screen (as the talk of Fowler was when we were really more interested in DJ despite intense competition).

Interesting logic... could well be smoke screen (as the talk of Fowler was when we were really more interested in DJ despite intense competition).

Maybe he does use this sort of thing as a smoke screen. Cardiff were interested in DJ and Fowler at the same time, we say we're interested in Fowler, they concentrate on that transfer, neglect the DJ one, we wrap it up?

There were rumours of Southamton being interested in Clemence and Saganowski, we say we want Saga, same thing happens?

Maybe looking a bit deep though :unsure:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XN-g7yogujU&...ted&search= It was only a matter of time before someone posted a youtube vid of him. Thought it might aswell be me :D

The boy can finish!

Free kicks, penalties, crosses, poaching, shooting, gets his body in where it hurts, left foot, right foot, forget JFH get this guy in!!!!

and Heading

We do NOT need more strikers - particularly JFH who hasn't performed for years. I'm sure Riordan is a good player but we surely have a limit to our funds and as far as I'm concerned any "spare" funds must go on a left back and a left winger.

This board seems clear on that - why is MM trying to get players we simply do not need (ego trip?).

Riordan is clarsh. The boy knows where to find the goal - problem is Strachan keeps fielding the likes of Kenny Miller who can perform but is inconsistent, while Riordan is a much better all rounder IMO.

We don't know what goes on off the pitch at Leicester or Celtic though, perhaps MA is concerned with fitness levels and wants a bit of a pool of strikers to choose from? Nothing wrong with that, better than the juggling of Hume + X all last season, if you can strike a magical partnership that's worth its weight in gold.

I wouldn't think that just because we're targeting another striker they've stopped looking for wingers.

He's a horrible little man, but a damn good footballer. If the Hasselhoff deal is off, then Riordan would ease the pain. Plus he can play out wide, which would mean Newton's or Wesolowski's days out there are numbered.

He's a right joker! Always having a joke. But joking apart, he's a good footballer.

He's a right joker! Always having a joke. But joking apart, he's a good footballer.

Saturday nights in Leicester will be interesting if we sign Rirodan. He'll be out with his entourage of sweaties, getting in to fights but having a joke along the way. I can't wait, i'll be the first to buy him a pint and then piss up the back of his trousers when he's not looking.

Saturday nights in Leicester will be interesting if we sign Rirodan. He'll be out with his entourage of sweaties, getting in to fights but having a joke along the way. I can't wait, i'll be the first to buy him a pint and then piss up the back of his trousers when he's not looking.

Wouldn't that be a larf.

We could film him on our mobiles singing racist songs about Junior Agogogogogogogo and Nathan Tyson.

City are still prowling the transfer market before the window closes at the end of the month, but speculation linking them with Celtic striker Derek Riordan was dismissed by City chairman Milan Mandaric as “agents talk.â€

was it not him doing all the talking ?? :unsure:

Archived