Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheBlinding

Derek Riordan

JEEEESUS. Last season we had one a half decent strikers this season we may actually have four (or SHOCK HORROR FIVE!) strikers to pick from. Would love it, LOVE IT, if he signed. Still think Uncle Milan should be keeping stum in the meantime though!

Riordan can play on the left. It's a possibility.Riordan -- Murphy -- Clemence -- Kaebi*dribbles a little bit*:D
is that you dribbling a little bit or riordan? ;)
Skillful, he played on the left wing for Hibs, he could fill the left side problem. Hmmm... seperated at birth from you know who?...... :glare:riordan-cheer.jpgstephen_hughes_203x152.jpg
what is it with scottish people and dodgey hair cuts.....

Strangely enough for the majority of the blue army, because Allen gave him, De Vries and Kenton a squad number. The donkey is also rated by Allen.

i reckon Allen is upto somthing on that...

The only way Allen can convince anyone Elvis is half decent is by giving him a squad number... that way, people will think " wow, hes in the squad for the champ" so someone from 'down below' will snap him up thinking they have a championship quality striker..... :thumbup:

:whistle:

Oh come on, was that the case he'd be badgering on how good he is week in week out. He probably thinks Elvis is shit like most of us do, but know we lack an alternative to his pace although I read that DJ is adequate in short bursts..

According to a celtic fan on the BBC's 606 he can play left mid aswell and he sais Riordan is the best finisher at the club now that is a strong statement considering they have Venegoor of Hesselink, Zurawski and Kenny Miller and if you go on the BBC squad selector for celtic he is the midfield section maybe Allen is planning on playing him left mid?????

He looks like a lanky Stephen Hughes... hopefully not an omen of things to come if we do get him. Could this mean bye bye to Fryatt though?? It he very tall? Think we still need a strong tall target man a la Andy Cole/Jimmy Floyd..

Riordan is young, hungry for first team football and, by the sounds of it, wanting to score goals to prove he is still a good player.

More excited about this possible signing than I was about any of the other potential strikers. (McLeod, Fowler, Cole, etc)

Would easily get 15 goals a season with a good few games, and has much more potential, being only 24 as well. Our strikeforce would be feared in the division.

Strange one this. Dont get wrong, I think he is a good player but is he not very similar to Hume, in terms of him not being an out and out striker, but someone who likes to come deep and link up the play. Though im pretty sure ive seen him play on the left for Celtic, so that could be an option. If we are going to sign another striker id prefer a mobile target man. Someone like Marcus Bent or Carlton Cole.

He didn't laugh - he just said no comment.

I would like to see him come her think he woud give us a better option upfront and we can finally stop playing De Vries.He struggles to win headers and rarely looks a force to be reckoned with upfront.I hope when we face palace to see the team playing together.

too many strikers

Are you saying you would turn Riordan down? :blink:

Madness, pure madness.

As long as it's not at the expense of sorting our wingers and our left back situation out, I'd be delighted if he signed. :thumbup:

Archived