Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob666

Accrington 0-1 Leicester - Post Match Reaction

These are meant to be highlights of the game, but it doesn't work properly for me :dunno:

http://www.attachmax.com/Accrington_0_1_Le...edFilesPageId=1

cheers, bit of an effort, but i got to see the goal (cracker) and the save (top drawer) - is the sky sports guy the bloke who used to present blue peter?

I don't care if Martin Allen is a great boke or not, I just find some of his tactical decisions crazy.

Playing Wesolowski/ Fryatt on the wings when we have Newton/ Porter available was a shocking decision I thought. We just lacked terribly on the wings. I hope this doesn't continue...

Kenton at centre back and N'Gotty at right back? Where's the logic there?

I don't care if Martin Allen is a great boke or not, I just find some of his tactical decisions crazy.

Playing Wesolowski/ Fryatt on the wings when we have Newton/ Porter available was a shocking decision I thought. We just lacked terribly on the wings. I hope this doesn't continue...

Kenton at centre back and N'Gotty at right back? Where's the logic there?

Although I agree with you, the logic will have been that Kenton played more at centre-back last year than right-back and N'Gotty played more at right-back than centre-back. I would imagine. Still not a great idea IMO.

Alan Sheehan took less than five minutes to start the move which led to our only goal

But, as almost always when Sheehan plays, we scored.

As it happened Sheehan did fine defensively.

Sheehan had his assist and looked assured at left back, making two or three timely clearances on a rare day when defending was defined as his first duty.

Just got in from work to read this gem.

Sheehan, along with others was shit. His "assist" came from a complete mis-hit.

His distribution was poor.

Lay off the cider before games is my advice.

Just got in from work to read this gem.

Sheehan, along with others was shit. His "assist" came from a complete mis-hit.

His distribution was poor.

Lay off the cider before games is my advice.

He hit the ball exactly where he was aiming it as far as I could see (as confimed on film) and apart from the first 10 minutes his distribution - given the singular lack of movement and options, was simple, safe, and entirely in keeping with the limited role he was asked to play.

As for the cider that was strictly medicinal, to combat the anticipated effects of more sloppy, disjoined and unambitious football.

He hit the ball exactly where he was aiming it as far as I could see and apart from the first 10 minutes his distribution - given the singular lack of movement and options, was simple, safe, and entirely in keeping with the singularly limited role he was asked to play.

As for the cider that was strictly medicinal, to combat the anticipated effects of more sloppy, disjoined and unambitious football.

Has Allen come out and said how he asked individuals to play on Tuesday night? I'm not being funny but for all we know Sheehan may have been told to get forward as often as possible.

In my opinion Sheehan had a solid game at left back but nothing more. He wasn't the worst player on the pitch, or the best. He played no better than Joe Mattock did against Blackpool. They're very similar in terms of ability imo. Only difference is that Mattock has more time ahead of him to continue to develop where as Sheehan should really be turning in commanding performances at left back regularly by now. Mattock still has time to fulfill his potential but Sheehan has missed the boat when it comes to pushing on another level.

Has Allen come out and said how he asked individuals to play on Tuesday night? I'm not being funny but for all we know Sheehan may have been told to get forward as often as possible.

In my opinion Sheehan had a solid game at left back but nothing more. He wasn't the worst player on the pitch, or the best. He played no better than Joe Mattock did against Blackpool. They're very similar in terms of ability imo. Only difference is that Mattock has more time ahead of him to continue to develop where as Sheehan should really be turning in commanding performances at left back regularly by now. Mattock still has time to fulfill his potential but Sheehan has missed the boat when it comes to pushing on another level.

No he's not. But I've never seen Sheehan play that type of game in close to three years. You've watched him a lot too. When did you ever see him not relish driving over the halfway line to supplement attacks?.

As for commanding performances first his confidence was knocked back as I imagine will now happen to Mattock and then he sufered a series of problems including injuries. He's looked good pre-season but in an attackin role. I wouldn't see the point in using him as an out and out defender despite the clean sheet at Accrington.

If you guys are interested you can watch videos of the match on Stanley MySpace.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=2053026868

See how lucky you were to survive the 2nd half.

Thanks for turning out.

Good Luck.

Most of us konw how lucky we were :o

Best of luck for the rest of the season, I hope you get to meet a very BIG club in the FA Cup to pay for a roof. :thumbup:

First Half highlights

Most of us konw how lucky we were :o

Best of luck for the rest of the season, I hope you get to meet a very BIG club in the FA Cup to pay for a roof. :thumbup:

First Half highlights

hmmm, i can't quite see what all the concern is about - in these highlights i saw more passing, more support (ie midfielders in the box) and even some adequate marshalling of set pieces than i saw in any single 90 minutes i've attended in the last few years, ok, its not the finished article, certainly there's much room for improvement. yes it was accrington, but the cup, as they say, is a great leveller.

good god, there is even video evidence of us winning one of our own throw ins!

even if we did nothing else in the game, i, personally, saw many positives there.

Top Quality pictures that I just found! :D

Plenty of you on there. (Kilworth, Maybes, Potter, Tevez) Just to name a few ;):cool:

Pictures!

i particularly like this one http://matchpics.fotopic.net/p44122011.html firstly cause it's a cool picture, but mainly since i saw the 'bored guy' - how bored is the feller just above the crossbar, on the right... brilliant.

Archived