Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob666

Accrington 0-1 Leicester - Post Match Reaction

Give me a A

Give me a R

Give me a T

Give me a H

Give me a U

Give me a R

Englands number 1

My hamsters cage is bigger than this.

Quality night with the rain and standing, blue white army in the rain.

Shite game though

Made me laugh, Kenny is Scottish lol

TBF, I don't think anyone wants to see Matthew Fryatt on the left wing.

Are you sure? Even if he can't get in at centre-forward?

Some would pick him in goal if that were the only shirt left!. :whistle:

In truth I was as disappointed about Fryatt as anyone. He's scored goals pre-season, has looked almost back to full fitness and I honestly believed last night would be a big chance for him to shoot himself back into favour which would have been great.

It didn't help that he was played out of position and I fail really to see what advantage it gave to the team.

But, bottom line is that, apart from our winning, he didn't state his case at all. He's judged as a striker wherever he plays and had one defining chance that I can recall. Sadly he blazed it over the bar. Had it gone in, who knows?

Your report would hold a lot more credibility if you weren't so biased. Shame really, because now everyone that didn't go will think that Sheehan was solid, Fryatt was hopeless, and that Porter would've made a massive difference. The others who went clearly don't have the same opinion.

I went, and I do!

Sheehan was solid (not that it makes much difference now we've signed Clarke), and Fryatt was lacklustre.

We'll never know what Porter might have done, though I doubt he could have been less effective than Kishishev, Fryatt or Campbell.

If you don't like what's reported on here you could always stick with the Mockery.

Cos their reporters ALWAYS tell it like it was! ^o)

Are you sure? Even if he can't get in at centre-forward?

Some would pick him in goal if that were the only shirt left!. :whistle:

In truth I was as disappointed about Fryatt as anyone. He's scored goals pre-season, has looked almost back to full fitness and I honestly believed last night would be a big chance for him to shoot himself back into favour which would have been great.

It didn't help that he was played out of position and I fail really to see what advantage it gave to the team.

But, bottom line is that, apart from our winning, he didn't state his case at all. He's judged as a striker wherever he plays and had one defining chance that I can recall. Sadly he blazed it over the bar. Had it gone in, who knows?

Oh come off it, when it's one of your faviourates playing out of position is a perfect excuse, Weso being forced to play wing for example.

and I've been told that "shot" was from a long way out, and neither of the other three strikers faired any better last night.

Oh come off it, when it's one of your faviourates playing out of position is a perfect excuse, Weso being forced to play wing for example.

and I've been told that "shot" was from a long way out, and neither of the other three strikers faired any better last night.

But it's not the other strikers whose position at the club appears to be under such threat. I don't think it helped Fryatt one bit playing him out of position, either last night or at Cambridge first half.

Others might be fairly adaptable but Fryatt to me is a central striker/goal poacher, nothing more. So of course he had an excuse for not playing well. He was way out of his element. But his performance didn't help his cause one bit.

And my point was that, despite his quandry, he could still have made his case. That big chance was from a central position and not far out 18/20 yards - meat and drink for a striker. Had he bust the net nothing else would have mattered much. But he didn't.

Fryatt was much better than DJ and Hume last night, even from the left wing. He just needs to get his head up a bit more and learn when to shoot and when to pass. He didn't have any really good chances, near the end he could have gone through but the ball skidded off his foot a bit and Arthur was out to close it down.

Fryatt was much better than DJ and Hume last night, even from the left wing. He just needs to get his head up a bit more and learn when to shoot and when to pass. He didn't have any really good chances, near the end he could have gone through but the ball skidded off his foot a bit and Arthur was out to close it down.

The whole night was a bit like that. There was rarely a decent final ball and when one came the receiver's first touch was awful.

In fact our passing was generally sloppy and that was hardly surprising with so many players in unaccostomed positions.

The whole night was a bit like that. There was rarely a decent final ball and when one came the receiver's first touch was awful.

In fact our passing was generally sloppy and that was hardly surprising with so many players in unaccostomed positions.

I have often found that professional footballers who practice everyday and are in the job because they are better than most at controlling a ball, always go to pot when they are played in a different position.

What kind of statement is that? Are you seriously suggesting that our players the minute they move from their preconceived pigeon-holed position lose the basics required by anyone to play the game?

I have often found that professional footballers who practice everyday and are in the job because they are better than most at controlling a ball, always go to pot when they are played in a different position.

What kind of statement is that? Are you seriously suggesting that our players the minute they move from their preconceived pigeon-holed position lose the basics required by anyone to play the game?

Professionals footballers can feel comfortable or uncomfortable in their role - just as a scrum-half might find hard to adjust to playing full-back.

Their ability doesn't change but the familiarity isn't there. So many footballers today are single footed and when they get more passes than usual coming to their "wrong" foot they feel awkward. Their are so many variables. It's like driving an unfamiliar country route in a car - always easy to make a mistake or two first time out.

That's only theory, granted. But the fact is our passing was sloppy throughout and our movement seemed restricted.

Professionals footballers can feel comfortable or uncomfortable in their role - just as a scrum-half might find hard to adjust to playing full-back.

Their ability doesn't change but the familiarity isn't there. So many footballers today are single footed and when they get more passes than usual coming to their "wrong" foot they feel awkward. Their are so many variables. It's like driving an unfamiliar country route in a car - always easy to make a mistake or two first time out.

That's only theory, granted. But the fact is our passing was sloppy throughout and our movement seemed restricted.

You're talking complete rubbish today. Absolute rubbish.

If you can control a football, you can control a football.

One minute you are saying we should sign a forward and play him in defence and the next you're saying that players can't function even at a very basic level if they are away from their usual position.

You're a walking, talking contradiction.

One minute you are saying we should sign a forward and play him in defence and the next you're saying that players can't function even at a very basic level if they are away from their usual position.

Didn't that go to number 1 for Cliff Richards and the Young Ones :dunno:

We had 65% of possession
after a quarter of the game we had had 89% of the possession

We did? :blink: It didn't feel like it.

City fans love accrington keeper arthur.

"ARTHUR, ARTHUR, ARTHUR!!"

Arthur would have caught that.

Made me laugh, Kenny is Scottish lol

I said to my mates "Bet he's Welsh or Scottish or something". Whoops!

And you are all spin - you take words, rearrange them to suit you and spit em out as you see fit.

Heskey would make a quality centre-half in my view - if yours is different you're welcome to it.

And I made no comment about players generally not being able to do anything. I gave my view on what happened last night and a possible explanation.

I wouldn't know from personal experience whether that explanation is valid because I cannot ever recall playing anyone out of position and therefore getting the chance to find out.

And if you'd have been there you could have offered your own wisdomed reasoning, couldn't you?.

I have offered my own reasoning.

If a player can control a ball, a player can control a ball.

Elvis can't control it up front, he wouldn't be able to control it on the wing and he wouldn't be able to control it at centre back.

Controlling a ball is a technique, Thracian. It is not dependant on where the player is, whether he can perform it adequately.

That is my reasoning and I bet a lot of people agree with me.

Anyone who went last night:

Can you tell me what formation we were playing, because I have no idea listening to the radio!!?? :unsure:

I went, and I couldn't tell at times. :unsure:

Well, Martin Allen got his first win as Leicester manager, James Wesolowski collected our first goal of the season, Alan Sheehan took less than five minutes to start the move which led to our only goal, a marvellously acrobatic save by Paul Henderson prevented an Accrington equaliser and if that all sounds like an exciting game, forget it...

"We're shit and we're beating you," sang the fans and that told the real truth.

The result apart, Leicester's performance made the near constant rain which soaked all the fans at the uncovered visitors end seem like a blessing. City were wretched.

But, as almost always when Sheehan plays, we scored. And it was the young left back who started an extended move which ended with an N'Gotty shot-cum-cross hitting woodwork and rebounding to Hume who teed up Wesolowski to score.

The slickness of the move suggested City fans might be in for a treat but we soon learned the error of that happy thought.

Accrington should have equalised midway through the first half when Henderson's clearance crashed into McEvilly but with a virtually open goal the striker only directed his tame shot into Henderson's legs.

Cavanagh hit a post for Accrington soon after the break and repeated the feat from a free-kick nine minutes from time and between these lucky let-offs, Henderson pulled off a spectacular diving save from a scorching Boco volley.

Accrington deserved at least a draw.

Leicester fielded another bizarre line-up with a 4-3-3 formation that had N'Gotty at right back, Kenton at centre-half and Fryatt starting out on the left wing.

Furthermore the natural attacker Sheehan seemed under orders to act as an orthodox left-back meaning the whole point of 4-3-3 was lost because there were no high-pressing full-backs. We simply scored quickly and concentrated on keeping the lead.

As it happened Sheehan did fine defensively, the defence kept a clean sheet and we did gain an important result but Accrington wouldn't know how.

Up front it was all frustration. Fryatt once again showed just how selfish he is by dribbling when others were far better placed. He also lofted an excellent chance high over the bar from 18 yards or so.

Campbell preferred running into trouble rather than shooting quickly from distance or passing.

Substitutes DeVries and Odhiambo lifted the gloom late on and the former teed up the perfect chance for Campbell towards the end but the striker had strayed marginally offside and, besides, managed to steer his tap-in wide from 10 yards like a novice.

Individually I had Wesolowski Man of the Match for his goal and industrious efforts in midfield on a tight pitch, under dull lights and in typically grim Pennine conditions.

Sheehan had his assist and looked assured at left back, making two or three timely clearances on a rare day when defending was defined as his first duty.

Kenton survived just over an hour before being carried off with yet another injury. For close to a year now he's seemed unable to string a run of games together.

Individualist Fryatt was preferred to team-player Porter on the left side of the front three and how that was ever justified only the manager knows because Fryatt's no left sider as he showed in the first half at Cambridge and yet again last night.

Also having two individuals in the same side, Campbell and Fryatt, meant we had no passing fluidity all night and it almost cost us second half.

Fryatt's a goal poacher, full stop. If he's not good enough in that role I fail to see how he justifies a place at all, let alone ahead of Porter.

That's all vey well but did you like the Cider in the Greyhound? :ph34r:

Archived