Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob666

Accrington 0-1 Leicester - Post Match Reaction

View of the ground before kick off, didn't take any more as it was either too wet (first half) or too crap (second half) when we had Arthur in the goal in front of us.

Video

Video taken from here

cityvacc4-we33.jpg

I have offered my own reasoning.

If a player can control a ball, a player can control a ball.

Elvis can't control it up front, he wouldn't be able to control it on the wing and he wouldn't be able to control it at centre back.

Controlling a ball is a technique, Thracian. It is not dependant on where the player is, whether he can perform it adequately.

That is my reasoning and I bet a lot of people agree with me.

oh god, i hate myself for doing this, especially as you've somehow decided to think i'm a moron, but....

..surely this is not the case, what about world class players that are crap in international games, or in playing for foreign clubs - by the same token if a player is not happy or comfortable doing something it is natural for concentration to diminish.

yes, controlling a ball is a technique, but technique requires application. for example, if a player is tired, he hasn't ceased to have technique, but his application of said technique suffers as a result - most technique in sport is dependant on mental steadiness, golfers miss puts, snooker players miss pots, runners hit hurdles - a footballer playing out of position can experience equivalent problems if their mind-set is wrong, and unfamiliarity or unhappiness at being played where you don't wan't to be playing can cause such problems...

yes?

I don't think Allen really bothers with tactics or formations that much.

Excuse me, but that has been known ever since his days with Brentford and MK Dons and was subject to discussion on here before. So don't start acting like you're actually surprised by this fact.

Loved it thanks. Recommend the place. Fast service, plenty of good company and a genuinely warm welcome barely half a mile from the ground.

Yes I know,got soaked so decided to pop in,really made to feel welcome and could'nt believe the price of the beer!

I recognised you from an interview but were the lads sitting with you from FT as well?

Yes I know,got soaked so decided to pop in,really made to feel welcome and could'nt believe the price of the beer!

I recognised you from an interview but were the lads sitting with you from FT as well?

if there was a feller that looked like jasper carrot, that was davieG... :whistle:

Excuse me, but that has been known ever since his days with Brentford and MK Dons and was subject to discussion on here before. So don't start acting like you're actually surprised by this fact.

:laugh: What's with the attitude? People are banging on about the formation being all over the place at Accrington.

I don't like to pass too much of a comment on games I haven't seen, so I won't say too much, other then it didn't sound like we had the greatest of games. However, it was a potential banana skin, and we got the job done in the end.

MA's persistence of not playing wide players on the wings tends to suggest that he doesn't think anyone beyond Newton, Kaebi and Hayes (who were all injured) are much cop. A common sense follow on from this would suggest that he thinks we need more cover in these positions. I would hope this is the case. I don't mind players playing out of position if it works, but it seems to me from Saturday, and what others have said tonight, that it isn't. If he can't sort this out, then we need to change the system.

Archived