Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Kishishev

I'm not really one for starting threads in this LCFC forum but a few comments have piqued my interest in Kishishev.

When we signed him, I thought it was a good signing as I've always seen him as a combative, energetic and quietly efficient midfielder, strong in the tackle and dependable in terms of keeping the ball. Comments and ratings on his performances have him down as one of the (so-far) weak links though.

Now - I'm not one for judging a player after a couple of games. In fact, with so many new players and a new manager, I think we need to give it until October at the very least before any judgements on players are made...

But what are your first thoughts on Kishishev? Has he been poor? Have his legs gone? Is it just a question of fitness? Think he'll come good.

My thoughts, having not even seen him, are that he's a good player who should be able to hold his own in the Championship. Perhaps he just needs time to settle here - he's used to the English game though and I'll be honest, despite not having seen him and going off what others have said, I'm a bit disappointed that he hasn't come in and taken us by the scruff of the neck.

All this after 180 minutes of competitive football!

I'm not really one for starting threads in this LCFC forum but a few comments have piqued my interest in Kishishev.

When we signed him, I thought it was a good signing as I've always seen him as a combative, energetic and quietly efficient midfielder, strong in the tackle and dependable in terms of keeping the ball. Comments and ratings on his performances have him down as one of the (so-far) weak links though.

Now - I'm not one for judging a player after a couple of games. In fact, with so many new players and a new manager, I think we need to give it until October at the very least before any judgements on players are made...

But what are your first thoughts on Kishishev? Has he been poor? Have his legs on? Is it just a question of fitness? Think he'll come good.

My thoughts, having not even seen him, are that he's a good player who should be able to hold his own in the Championship. Perhaps he just needs time to settle here - he's used to the English game though and I'll be honest, despite not having seen him and going off what others have said, I'm a bit disappointed that he hasn't come in and taken us by the scruff of the neck.

All this after 180 minutes of competitive football!

I bloody hope so, we can't have one of our CM rolling around the pitch

I didn't see any of the pre-season games, so can only comment on the last 2 games, where he's looked dreadful.

Hopefully he'll get better, both games we've hardly played well at all. But i'd have thought those 2 games would have been the exact kind of games that Kishishev would relish as he's a battler who plays his best when he's fighting for the ball and trying to drive us forward.

Un-impressed so far. Expect he'll get better though.

I didn't see any of the pre-season games, so can only comment on the last 2 games, where he's looked dreadful.

Hopefully he'll get better, both games we've hardly played well at all. But i'd have thought those 2 games would have been the exact kind of games that Kishishev would relish as he's a battler who plays his best when he's fighting for the ball and trying to drive us forward.

Un-impressed so far. Expect he'll get better though.

My sentiments exactly regarding the sort of games he should relish.

It's players like him, Clemence and Wesolowski who we have to look to when we're struggling a little.... additionally Ka'ebi too as an attacking outlet - once we've seen him!

Worst case scenario he's not as good as Clemence and Wesolowski but he's still going to be better than the crock of shite we had last season. People are quick to slag a player off but I'd rather have Kishishev putting in the effort than the likes of Williams poncing around all season. Fingers crossed we can add some quality attacking options in wide areas, the strikers will find their shooting boots and this will become less of a problem.

Saw him at County and Pool...so that's around half a match of competitive footy.

Judging him on that isn't fair as the entire team is settling into a new pattern of play, a new manager and new team-mates.

He's not wowed me...but I never expected to be at this stage in the season.

Competent at breaking up play and laying off short balls, his long passes leave much to be desired at the mo.

The season still has a long way to run.

Worst case scenario he's not as good as Clemence and Wesolowski but he's still going to be better than the crock of shite we had last season. People are quick to slag a player off but I'd rather have Kishishev putting in the effort than the likes of Williams poncing around all season. Fingers crossed we can add some quality attacking options in wide areas, the strikers will find their shooting boots and this will become less of a problem.

Having not seen us and working on what I've seen of Clem, Weso and Kish previously, I believe we are strong enough through the middle. There is ample bite, energy and creativity between those three. Creativity is not, as some believe it to be, about having long flowing locks and colourful boots. A bit of vision and the ability to pass the ball will do, and all three of them have that, probably Clemence predominately.

With that in mind though - to really capitalise, we need strong flanks.

I heard MA asked for a kitchen chef and when he turned up MM just signed him on

Just for those that didn't get it---

Kitchen Chef-Kishishev :thumbup::whistle:

I didn't realise he was playing v Blackpool until he was substituted!!! :|

Contrary to the player ratings and comments on here Gary Rowett made the observation that Clemence and Kishishev complimented each other really well in centre midefield during the game against Accrington.

Hopefully as their understanding develops both of each other and their team mates around them this could become a crucial part of the make-up of our team. I still have high hopes for Kishishev and of our midfield in general. As Fez said we shouldn't forget this is the best midfield (on paper, at least for now) we've had for years.

I have only seen him against Blackpool and he looked lost!!

He was off the pace, missing tackles and giving away the ball. I was not suprised he was taken off. Listened to the match on Radio Leicester and hardly heard his name mentioned (but that could be Barbers fault).

Dont know whether he is unfit, injured or just here for his final pay day. Whatever is the issue he certainly isnt living up to his reputation and I think that is a lot of our problem at the moment we are losing the battle in midfield. I had hoped that Kishishev would be the ball winner and Clemence would be the play maker but neither of them are playing well. I hope this is only a short term issue otherwise it will be a tough season.

Contrary to the player ratings and comments on here Gary Rowett made the observation that Clemence and Kishishev complimented each other really well in centre midefield during the game against Accrington.

Hopefully as their understanding develops both of each other and their team mates around them this could become a crucial part of the make-up of our team. I still have high hopes for Kishishev and of our midfield in general. As Fez said we shouldn't forget this is the best midfield (on paper, at least for now) we've had for years.

On paper it's a highly competitive, energetic and strong midfield pairing, especially with a 'fit' Wesolowski thrown in to the mix.

I would much prefer to see Weso and Clemence in centre mid if honest - I think this would be the ideal combination given our current squad. My personal view on any player is that you need to give them at leat 10-15 games in succession before you can truly judge them. I remember seeing Robbie Savage on his LCFC debut at Anfield and he looked lost that evening -yet became a real mainstay.

One thing I would say is that I prefer to see players in the first team that have scope to improve as they adapt to the side. Personally, Kish is on the wrong side of 30 (as regards footballing shelf-life) and I personally feel it would be far more astute for MA to give Weso the games lording the centre midfield as it will be of greater benefit of the side in the long-run.

At Quorn I thought he played really well, and played there how I expected him to play for the rest of the season for us. Winning most balls in midfield and finding a simple pass to somebody further forward.

Against Blackpool, he did seem a little of the pace and some of his passing was questionable. Much the same last night.

In time I think he will become good for us, but we always have Weso to come in and play CM if it doesn't work out with Kish.

Archived