Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Allen after Brian Little?

Link - Near the bottom

Leicester City are considering bringing Brian Little back to the club he managed between 1994 and 1998, with Martin Allen understood to be sounding out the possibility of adding the 53-year-old to his coaching staff.

Little has been mentioned as a successor to Allen following reports of a rift between the current Leicester manager and Milan Mandaric, the Championship club's owner. But sources close to Little indicate that Allen, and not Mandaric, has been making inquiries about recruiting the man who last worked as Tranmere manager until the summer of 2006.

Link - Near the bottom

Leicester City are considering bringing Brian Little back to the club he managed between 1994 and 1998, with Martin Allen understood to be sounding out the possibility of adding the 53-year-old to his coaching staff.

Little has been mentioned as a successor to Allen following reports of a rift between the current Leicester manager and Milan Mandaric, the Championship club's owner. But sources close to Little indicate that Allen, and not Mandaric, has been making inquiries about recruiting the man who last worked as Tranmere manager until the summer of 2006.

This is great news.

Before long we'll realise the dream of having David Oldfield, Steve Thompson, Steve Agnew, Lee Philpott, et al manning our midfield.

Brain Little was my hero.

Then he buggered off to Villa and broke my heart, and he took Joachim with him, bastardo!

I think I've just about forgiven him. Wouldn't be a bad edition to the back room staff, we might actually employ some tatics to go with the shouting yelling and stupid remarks.

This is great news.

Before long we'll realise the dream of having David Oldfield, Steve Thompson, Steve Agnew, Lee Philpott, et al manning our midfield.

Does fit in nicely with your theme of the day, perhaps you had a premonition.

I would welcome Brian Little back in to the fold as a coach/advisor to Martin Allen. Both seem to be characters who prefer and revel in signing mis-fits/unknown players and getting them to punch above their weight.

His experience would be valuable and we have a ready made Caretaker Boss should Allen balls it up? :D

Brain Little was my hero.

Then he buggered off to Villa and broke my heart, and he took Joachim with him, bastardo!

I think I've just about forgiven him. Wouldn't be a bad edition to the back room staff, we might actually employ some tatics to go with the shouting yelling and stupid remarks.

He also took Simon Grayson when Grayson had finally become good after what seemed like about 6 years of being sh it.

Neat move by Allen - keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

If he's looking for help after 2 games, he should see that shrink of his. FFS, man - just get on with it and do what you're paid to do. You've given us all the schtick about Mars Bars, Barbeques and Feng Shui-ing the car park - quit the "Dear Diary" soundbites and manage the asylum, lunatic.

Should have got Brian. I knew it. I bloody knew it.

If he's looking for help after 2 games, he should see that shrink of his. FFS, man - just get on with it and do what you're paid to do. You've given us all the schtick about Mars Bars, Barbeques and Feng Shui-ing the car park - quit the "Dear Diary" soundbites and manage the asylum, lunatic.

I suspect he knows that with MM he'll end up with someone like this, MM messed up with MacKay so Allen has decided to get his own 'Senior' in first.

To be fair, Hockaday and MacKay have both left. We are thin on the ground in terms of old grey haired men.

Link - Near the bottom

Coaching staff? To do what? The place is full of helpers as it is.

And if we have to have a coach is there no-one around with a bit of flair?

Someone to make us clever at free-licks and corners and to get the right people taking them. Someone to improve our movement with decoy runs, checkouts and and crossovers, someone who can sell MA the benefits of sustained attack.

Was Brian Little the champion of flair and imagination? If so I must have forgotten. Yet that's what's needed. Someone to help goodish players perform at their best and beyond. Someone to change our philosophy and take off the brakes.

I thought Martin Allen had the charisma and belief to do it himself. But while the club's simmering it doesn't seem to be bubbling.

I'm sure that's why MM's wanted a Fowler or a JFH - not just someone to score goals but to lift our psychological profile. Someone around to make us feel like we're going Big Time.

Can Brian Little do that?. Or can he give us something extra in other ways?

I'm sceptical. But if he can and MM wants to foot the bill to see...I hope it works out.

Someone to make us clever at free-licks and corners and to get the right people taking them. Someone to improve our movement with decoy runs, checkouts and and crossovers, someone who can sell MA the benefits of sustained attack.

Was Brian Little the champion of flair and imagination? If so I must have forgotten. Yet that's what's needed. Someone to help goodish players perform at their best and beyond. Someone to change our philosophy and take off the brakes.

I thought Martin Allen had the charisma and belief to do it himself. But while the club's simmering it doesn't seem to be bubbling.

I'm sure that's why MM's wanted a Fowler or a JFH - not just someone to score goals but to lift our psychological profile. Someone around to make us feel like we're going Big Time.

I'm sceptical. But if he can and MM wants to foot the bill to see...I hope it works out.

OHH FFS SHUT UP!!!!

Sorry but I'm fed up with all this sceptical crap. How is the place full of helpers, by my thinking we're actually quite light RE back room staff.

As i've said, we're 2 men down since Allen got here. Hockaday and MacKay have both left. If they were wanted here in the first place it means that Allen & Mandaric beleiev they need a set amount of coaches, scouts, etc. Therefore, we are lacking in numbers. Not hard to grasp.

As i've said, we're 2 men down since Allen got here. Hockaday and MacKay have both left. If they were wanted here in the first place it means that Allen & Mandaric beleiev they need a set amount of coaches, scouts, etc. Therefore, we are lacking in numbers. Not hard to grasp.

Not saying you're wrong but we've never looked short of numbers when I've watched training sessions.

Sounds to me like IF MA is the instigator, he is doing it for defensibility purposes - it gives him some protection from MM and those who doubt he has the experience for the post.

(you know the sort.......one result doesn't go our way and people are talking about his ability to do the job - unbelievable I know but they are out there.)

IF MM is the instigator he is allowing MA to publicly say it is his idea so he does not look weak or failing.

I don't care either way. MA is enough of a man to make his own decisions and take responsibility for them and is enough of a man to seek help, advice and supervision from others.

If MA thinks a number two of some experience is good for him and the other coaching staff then back him and get him in.

Catapultam Habeo!

Yeah lets fire him in. I've got one too. We could play Judas tennis / old coach launching. Stick him in a sumo suit we could have hours of fun mate.

better still a red penguin suit caked in siemen.

Yeah lets fire him in. I've got one too. We could play Judas tennis / old coach launching. Stick him in a sumo suit we could have hours of fun mate.

better still a red penguin suit caked in siemen.

What an entrance!

Fire him in at half time to a waiting audience of Grayson, Draper and Joachim. He could dangle £notes at them and then electrocute them when they tried to grab them.

There would be some sort of molten lava thing rigged up too. It'll be ace.

And we'll be laughing a laugh that only the catapulters ever get to laugh - the catapultee's will be quite shaken up.

Archived