Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

It's early days.

Why what's the problem? Have you got a bet on MA lasting the season or something?

Seriously though the idea has merit.

And what a change it would make if City lose 3-1, reading endless posts along the lines of "Let's All Have A Disco" :dance::cheers::scarf::banana:

Perhaps we could have a communal Forgiveness Week.

Thirty-six pages of stubborn defence of our team along the lines of:

"We never do well at Palace"

"We just need time to gell"

"At least we had some shots"

And not one word of criticism.

Honestly with a bit of thought that sort of posting could really brighten Sunday morning.

It might even become standard reaction - an effective antidote for all dark days.

Phlegmatic defiance...what will be will be.

Once used to the idea we might never care again about any defeat. Dadadadaa, Dadadadaa :thumbup::D

Thrac, have we interupted you during your self harm timetable? I can pop over with a sniper rifle you can take to the game and some piano wire if it would help.

We know you are a little frustrated at some of the decision making and team selection.

Though all we are suggesting is that we give it a month before we start hanging heads off tower bridge.

Frenology was discredited some time ago....lets see a decent amount of football, then judge.

Maybe some diazapam would help?

N.

The only way we will be under serious pressure is if we get drawn into a relegation battle and i think this Palace game is key to get a result, get some points on the board and build up the confidence of the team. Im sure the team will get better and better through the season as they will be more used to playing with eachother. Lets just try our very best to keep in touch with the play offs in mid table and im sure things will improve as the season goes by as the players will, and i don't like to use this term "gel".

There is no need to panic yet and i will stop moaning now.

if we have 0 points from the first 3,4 or 5 games i will be a little worried. :cry:

I left the Blackpool game feeling that it really was not that important! It will be the same for the Palace game if we lose!

! or 2 games do not make a season. Look at Scumderland (won't forgive the Weller tribute ruined) they lost their first 4 games and looked awful start of last year and won the division, says it all how important individual games are.

What is important is that as a team we become meaner in defense and sharper in attack! We look far from finishing first, but not as far as Scumderland looked this time last year. Also there are the example of Palace under ID a few years back when they were in the bottom 3 at new year and sneaked into the playoffs in may and were promoted.

We were the better side on satdi and should have at least have got a point. Tomorrow I would settle for a very good performance and whatever result, as long as the side looks better.

Why what's the problem? Have you got a bet on MA lasting the season or something?

Seriously though the idea has merit.

And what a change it would make if City lose 3-1, reading endless posts along the lines of "Let's All Have A Disco" :dance::cheers::scarf::banana:

Perhaps we could have a communal Forgiveness Week.

Thirty-six pages of stubborn defence of our team along the lines of:

"We never do well at Palace"

"We just need time to gell"

"At least we had some shots"

And not one word of criticism.

Honestly with a bit of thought that sort of posting could really brighten Sunday morning.

It might even become standard reaction - an effective antidote for all dark days.

Phlegmatic defiance...what will be will be.

Once used to the idea we might never care again about any defeat. Dadadadaa, Dadadadaa :thumbup::D

Im not for one second suggesting that we shouldn't criticize the manager or chairman if they make what we deem as questionable decisions but what I am at loathe to do is jump on the managers back and the new signings back after one game. Ive read Dj is shite and not worth the fee on here because he missed some chances after coming on at Blackpool! If we were 12 games in and he had one goal then fair enough, maybe we can begin to criticize but all this knee-jerk crap that has been about is ridiculous.

I reckon people like you actually enjoy moaning and over-reacting for the sake of it and I get the feeling that you are almost hoping we lose so you can call on Beaglehole to replace MA and suggest to him that Heskey at centre half is the way forward!

Im not for one second suggesting that we shouldn't criticize the manager or chairman if they make what we deem as questionable decisions but what I am at loathe to do is jump on the managers back and the new signings back after one game. Ive read Dj is shite and not worth the fee on here because he missed some chances after coming on at Blackpool! If we were 12 games in and he had one goal then fair enough, maybe we can begin to criticize but all this knee-jerk crap that has been about is ridiculous.

I reckon people like you actually enjoy moaning and over-reacting for the sake of it and I get the feeling that you are almost hoping we lose so you can call on Beaglehole to replace MA and suggest to him that Heskey at centre half is the way forward!

My philosophy is simplicity itself. I want to see Leicester City fielding the sort of attacking side which once took them to four finals in a decade.

I don't want to see cautious, contain-the-game type football at first and I don't want to see us falling back defensively once we've taken the lead.

I've been consistent in advocating fast, pass-and-move football since long before MA's arrival and, although MA wasn't my first choice, he was pretty high up and I couldn't have been much happier with his appointment.

Watching him work with the players and listening to him talk about his plans only gave me greater faith in what he had to offer. He really did sound as if he'd have a go.

Then I saw us twice voluntarily concede the initiative at different times in two competitive games, I saw some bizarre team selections, good players getting sent out on loan while weaker players got picked for the team and I had my say.

For what it's worth I think a confident Campbell will be a terrific player. He's quick, elusive, sniffs out a chance and if the coaches can't help get him into efficient scoring mode it'll be a poor do. But the real solution is support. Back him in numbers and the goals will flow because he'll be so hard to mark.

On Beaglehole, I'd have loved the guy to be MA's assistant because he's had success, he employs the playing philosophy I believe in - pressing high and attacking in numbers - and he doesn't lose faith when his team goes a goal or two down. But I doubt it will happen and with the way our best young players are getting replaced with questionable alternatives I'm not sure his input would have too much purpose.

As for Heskey that really seems to have touched raw nerves but I remain 100% convinced he would be an excellent, versatile and potentially goalscoring centre-back and if, aside from your mocking, you can suggest good reasons why he wouldn't I'll be pleased to read about em.

Finally I have never hoped Leicester lose - to anyone at anytime. But if you think I will ever condone compromise football from any manager, on any day you'll be disappointed.

My philosophy is simplicity itself. I want to see Leicester City fielding the sort of attacking side which once took them to four finals in a decade.

I don't want to see cautious, contain-the-game type football at first and I don't want to see us falling back defensively once we've taken the lead.

I've been consistent in advocating fast, pass-and-move football since long before MA's arrival and, although MA wasn't my first choice, he was pretty high up and I couldn't have been much happier with his appointment.

Watching him work with the players and listening to him talk about his plans only gave me greater faith in what he had to offer. He really did sound as if he'd have a go.

Then I saw us twice voluntarily concede the initiative at different times in two competitive games, I saw some bizarre team selections, good players getting sent out on loan while weaker players got picked for the team and I had my say.

For what it's worth I think a confident Campbell will be a terrific player. He's quick, elusive, sniffs out a chance and if the coaches can't help get him into efficient scoring mode it'll be a poor do. But the real solution is support. Back him in numbers and the goals will flow because he'll be so hard to mark.

On Beaglehole, I'd have loved the guy to be MA's assistant because he's had success, he employs the playing philosophy I believe in - pressing high and attacking in numbers - and he doesn't lose faith when his team goes a goal or two down. But I doubt it will happen and with the way our best young players are getting replaced with questionable alternatives I'm not sure his input would have too much purpose.

As for Heskey that really seems to have touched raw nerves but I remain 100% convinced he would be an excellent, versatile and potentially goalscoring centre-back and if, aside from your mocking, you can suggest good reasons why he wouldn't I'll be pleased to read about em.

Finally I have never hoped Leicester lose - to anyone at anytime. But if you think I will ever condone compromise football from any manager, on any day you'll be disappointed.

:worship:

Who gives a toss if that's what you want, you seem to think and live in some sort of idealistic world that doesn't exist. Guess what, the opposition usually have something to say in how you play, but you never take that in to consideration; it's like your gospel will defeat all even if it includes Porter and Hammond.

FWIW, I agree 100% on Heskey, he'd make the switch just like Marcus Gayle did.

Who gives a toss if that's what you want, you seem to think and live in some sort of idealistic world that doesn't exist. Guess what, the opposition usually have something to say in how you play, but you never take that in to consideration; it's like your gospel will defeat all even if it includes Porter and Hammond.

FWIW, I agree 100% on Heskey, he'd make the switch just like Marcus Gayle did.

Are you honestly telling me we couldn't have taken the game to Blackpool from the off rather than giving them a free half-hour?

Why not start with attacking numbers rather than introduce em later?

There may be no ideal world but you'll only get as close as possible by making it yourself.

Then I saw us twice voluntarily concede the initiative at different times in two competitive games, I saw some bizarre team selections, good players getting sent out on loan while weaker players got picked for the team

:rolleyes:

Nick...do you have any of that piano wire handy?

I thought we showed great spirit coming back from behind, although i was only listening on the radio. It seemed we seem to match Palace throughout the match and i had expected a loss, but in the end we were unlucky not to win the game. There are many positives though. Fulop sounded like a confident keeper and from what Allen said he must be quite good. Dj has got his goal and his confidence will now be on the up if not sky high, and he may bag another against Watford if he plays. Kisnorbo is back, he is probably our best defender, a rock at the back.

We came back from behind to lead but got a draw which is pretty good away to a side like Palace who would have been confident after a 4-1 win at Southampton. We now have a point on the board and hopefully we can get a home win against Watford and Kaebi may feature. It's no where near lost yet, we will only be 2 points behind Watford if we beat them and they are currently top. I think it's key we get that first home win of the season to please the fans, and the manager and team will build up confidence if we can beat Watford.

If we lose to Watford we will be in a bit of trouble, 8 points behind Watford who will probably remain top. Fans may get adjutated and we should be winning games at home against most teams in this division, we will drift further away from the playoffs.

If we lose to Watford we will be in a bit of trouble, 8 points behind Watford who will probably remain top. 2 games into the season and if we fail to win next week our chances of winning the title are over??? :rolleyes: Fans may get adjutated and we should be winning games at home against most teams in this division, we will drift further away from the playoffs. 2 GAMES FFS :|

Im sure I poste don here already but maybe I was OTT and it got deleted?? lol

Im not suggesting Heskey couldn't make a centre-half. What I am saying is raising the suggestion is idiotic as he would cost us £5m and the reasons why you said you would have him back in the first place is to make "the difference". Money permitting, I think you are right he would make the difference but by smashing through the pants defence`s at this level and not keeping strikers out.

As for the style of football, we`ll as a kid who didnt live in Leicester I supported Liverpool and loved that sort of football upto the ag eof about 14 when I then was converted by the glorious play of players like Tony Spearing. I love the quick one touch football and would love to come and watch it every week but for now, I dont give a toss whether we buy three 6ft 7" strikers and lump it up there if it would guarantee us 3 points. We need to get out of here whatever but for the record, from the games I have seen, I think we are actually playing more short stuff and look better with Hume and DJ, two smaller strikers than we do with the big man up front. We may well go that way but we need the personnel in midfield to be more creative.

One last thing, you pick on MA...."Then I saw us twice voluntarily concede the initiative at different times in two competitive games, I saw some bizarre team selections, good players getting sent out on loan while weaker players got picked for the team and I had my say." Let the bloke complete his squad before you open your mouth on his short-Cummings.

The season started at home to Blackpool, not before. I don't think our start has been that bad. We've been playing well (apart from the dismal performance at Accrington, but hey, we won and got a dream 2nd round tie too, so it's ALL good there!) and despite the fact we've picked up 1 from 6 points, I think there's plenty in our side to be positive about, with a few exceptions.

We need to have Campbell and Hume up front, of that there is no doubt. Our defence needs shoring up a bit, and of course we seed a natural left-sided player, but as has been mentioned here before, they're a bit thin on the ground at the moment. I'm sure MA will experiment with the new guys and find somebody capable of filling that role if it gets desperate.

There's no point in being a doom and gloom merchant at this stage, just as it's pointless being a hopeless optimist. Leave it for at least 10 games, then you can pre-order crates of beer or some prozac, depending on how things are going.

I find that fact that we haven't already been promoted deeply concerning.

:doh:

They should never publish league tables during the first month of the season.

Im sure I poste don here already but maybe I was OTT and it got deleted?? lol

Im not suggesting Heskey couldn't make a centre-half. What I am saying is raising the suggestion is idiotic as he would cost us £5m and the reasons why you said you would have him back in the first place is to make "the difference". Money permitting, I think you are right he would make the difference but by smashing through the pants defence`s at this level and not keeping strikers out.

As for the style of football, we`ll as a kid who didnt live in Leicester I supported Liverpool and loved that sort of football upto the ag eof about 14 when I then was converted by the glorious play of players like Tony Spearing. I love the quick one touch football and would love to come and watch it every week but for now, I dont give a toss whether we buy three 6ft 7" strikers and lump it up there if it would guarantee us 3 points. We need to get out of here whatever but for the record, from the games I have seen, I think we are actually playing more short stuff and look better with Hume and DJ, two smaller strikers than we do with the big man up front. We may well go that way but we need the personnel in midfield to be more creative.

One last thing, you pick on MA...."Then I saw us twice voluntarily concede the initiative at different times in two competitive games, I saw some bizarre team selections, good players getting sent out on loan while weaker players got picked for the team and I had my say." Let the bloke complete his squad before you open your mouth on his short-Cummings.

I've said lots of complimentary things about MA.

In fact I've forgotten to give him his +1 for the draw against Palace. (+14 total)

I see no reason to revise the criticisms.

i didn't write that you changed it, i put we will drift further away from the play offs nothing about the title you arse.

Christ you are an idiot.

If we lose to Watford we will be in a bit of trouble, 8 points behind Watford who will probably remain top. 2 games into the season and if we fail to win next week our chances of winning the title are over??? Fans may get adjutated and we should be winning games at home against most teams in this division, we will drift further away from the playoffs. 2 GAMES FFS

note: the bold and bigger text is my writing :rolleyes:

I've said lots of complimentary things about MA.

In fact I've forgotten to give him his +1 for the draw against Palace. (+14 total)

I see no reason to revise the criticisms.

I just dont understand how people can blow so hot and cold in the space of a few weeks.

Archived