Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

It's early days.

Right in a crazy rage during the Accrington Stanley game when they were having a good spell and we were only 1-0 up i wrote that it would be the same old shit season for Leicester, but now i would like to retract that statement.

I just calmed down and then thought, we had an unlucky opening game but it was a good performance, and we had more chances in the 2nd half to score at home than we had in about 10 home games last season. I would also like to say that Mark De Vries deserves praise. I know people have been saying he wasn't actually that good but in my opinion he is the most improved player from last season so really has earnt his place in the team. We are now playing a confident Palace side away, any away game is tough in this division, and they just won their opening game 4-1 against a Southampton team who made the play offs last season so i am expecting defeat to Palace.

If we do lose this game it isn't over, as i i think Sunderland lost their first 5 games last season and still ended up winning the league. I hope Leicester can put up a good performance and get a result and hopefully Kaebi will start. I feel if we create the chances at Palace like we did at home we will win the match.

And before you say i am the same person as before just a little calmer and thinking a bit more before i type and post :thumbup:

Im not going to the match but i will be listening on the radio and also looking forward to the Forest away game, if it doesn't end up on sky i will probably go but if it's on sky may just watch it on TV.

I will be a lot more calmer in the future on here and not type in as much crazy shit.

Sorry to anyone i have annoyed e.g. Manwell, Burton, People's hero etc.

Please don't close this thread as it is sort of about the palace game because it is an apology too :thumbup:

Right in a crazy rage during the Accrington Stanley game when they were having a good spell and we were only 1-0 up i wrote that it would be the same old shit season for Leicester, but now i would like to retract that statement.

I just calmed down and then thought, we had an unlucky opening game but it was a good performance, and we had more chances in the 2nd half to score at home than we had in about 10 home games last season. I would also like to say that Mark De Vries deserves praise. I know people have been saying he wasn't actually that good but in my opinion he is the most improved player from last season so really has earnt his place in the team. We are now playing a confident Palace side away, any away game is tough in this division, and they just won their opening game 4-1 against a Southampton team who made the play offs last season so i am expecting defeat to Palace.

If we do lose this game it isn't over, as i i think Sunderland lost their first 5 games last season and still ended up winning the league. I hope Leicester can put up a good performance and get a result and hopefully Kaebi will start. I feel if we create the chances at Palace like we did at home we will win the match.

And before you say i am the same person as before just a little calmer and thinking a bit more before i type and post :thumbup:

Im not going to the match but i will be listening on the radio and also looking forward to the Forest away game, if it doesn't end up on sky i will probably go but if it's on sky may just watch it on TV.

I will be a lot more calmer in the future on here and not type in as much crazy shit.

Sorry to anyone i have annoyed e.g. Daggers, Manwell, Burton, People's hero etc.

Please don't close this thread as it is sort of about the palace game because it is an apology too :thumbup:

Sorry to anyone i have annoyed e.g. Daggers, Manwell, Burton, People's hero etc.

It takes an adult head to reflect on your behaviour and acknowledge when one may have "posted in haste."

Respect where it is due Mad-dog.

There are a few people on this site who have good footballing brains and have been watching the game I would imagine since before you were born.....they don't tend to suffer people too well who are new and make some sweeping / rash posts.

Your post has been noted and I reckon you've done a good thing in coming forward after a bit of reflection. I reckon others you had a bit of conflict with will read your post and feel as I do.

Fair play, Mad-dog.

N.

Nothings over til the final whistle blows. I know it's a damn cliche, but you can't tell how a season is gonna go after 7 or 8 games, let alone 2. If we lose tomorrow, sure, we'll be miserable and some of us will probably post crap here regardless of the actual performance. Personally, these are my thoughts on the subject: 2 games in means nothing, against Blackpool we were inventive, created chances, yet lost to a silly and slightly controversial goal. Against Acchringtchon Schtanley (not easy typin' a scouse accent, is it) we were dismal, yet we scraped through. Bring on Forest - after the weekend, and narrowly making it to the 2nd round of the cup, that was just the news I wanted. We need the players and MA to be up for it though, and realise exactly how important it is. It ain't JUST another cup tie.

As for Palace tomorrow, i'll be happy with a draw, ecstatic with a win, and miserable for all of 2 days if we lose, but it's not the end of the world, or even City's season.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Time for back-patting or noob-slating :D eithers fine with me hehe!

Edit: Just read the above post, and I agree thoroughly. Thought i'd add that.

Tbh i am expecting a defeat tomorow, which i wont mind if we play to a standard were we wanted it, and had a really good go at it.

For example;

Birmingham at home

We lost 2-1 but no-one cared because that game the fans seen that the players wanted it, and was trying time and time again, which brough passion back into the fans, making it a better atmosphere

Sorry to anyone i have annoyed e.g. Daggers
:blink: Nothing annoys me.Nothing apart from bus drivers, door2door salesmen, religion and Anne Widecombe...if you fall in to any of those four camps then take your apology and go **** yourself, otherwise I haven't a clue what you are on about. :unsure:...and thieving, indolent bastard postal workers

I think that's an extremely optimistic hope. Seeing as losing tomorrow will mean we're a whole 7 days into the season, and we'll have lost twice. Which will automatically mean we're garbage.

:rolleyes:;)

lol

Palace apparently have a midfield crisis and are on the verge of picking Dougie Freedman in midfield so have no fear, we`ll shit em. If we lose, as I said elsewhere, I`m going into hiding for a few days to get away from the ****** and their muck.

At the end of the day we were handed a tough start to the season, Blackpool aside perhaps but then it's the kinda game you really don't need on the first day when they're up for it and it's just a bananaskin. I think we needed something a bit gentler for us to gel but we haven't got it so we'll just have to make do.

At the end of the day we were handed a tough start to the season, Blackpool aside perhaps but then it's the kinda game you really don't need on the first day when they're up for it and it's just a bananaskin. I think we needed something a bit gentler for us to gel but we haven't got it so we'll just have to make do.

Any game is tough in this league but i did expect a win against Blackpool and we are already under a little pressure to get results against the tougher sides and away from home.

On paper i don't see a just as easy or easier game than Blackpool at home until Barnsley at home on October 27th which will be the 13th game of the season.

:clap:

Lets hope people don't go OTT if we lose tomorrow.

Why what's the problem? Have you got a bet on MA lasting the season or something?

Seriously though the idea has merit.

And what a change it would make if City lose 3-1, reading endless posts along the lines of "Let's All Have A Disco" :dance::cheers::scarf::banana:

Perhaps we could have a communal Forgiveness Week.

Thirty-six pages of stubborn defence of our team along the lines of:

"We never do well at Palace"

"We just need time to gell"

"At least we had some shots"

And not one word of criticism.

Honestly with a bit of thought that sort of posting could really brighten Sunday morning.

It might even become standard reaction - an effective antidote for all dark days.

Phlegmatic defiance...what will be will be.

Once used to the idea we might never care again about any defeat. Dadadadaa, Dadadadaa :thumbup::D

Any game is tough in this league but i did expect a win against Blackpool and we are already under a little pressure to get results against the tougher sides and away from home.

On paper i don't see a just as easy or easier game than Blackpool at home until Barnsley at home on October 27th which will be the 13th game of the season.

Thats just the point. Why are we under pressure??? Wolves lost there opening game at home, Southampton were amongst the favs and lost as did West Brom, relegated Sheff Utd and drew as did Charlton, both against teams they would have been expected to beat. Why is it that their fans aren't going OTT but some on here went mental?! Madness.

There are many tricky games up till that game including Wolves and Sheff Utd at home and Plymouth, Charlton, Sheff Wed, and potentially Ipswitch away after their opening result and even newly promoted SThorpe away will be difficult. We need the results in our home games and hopefully we will continue to create the chances at home like against Blackpool, get the goals and get the wins and nick as many points away from home as possible.

Only 1 game into the season we are ok for now and we really could have done with that win against Blackpool who i feel may get relegated after watching them in that first match. We were a little unlucky. I fear if we lose to Palace which is very probable, we may end up losing to Watford and then we will be in a bit of trouble with the other games coming up.

Hopefully Kaebi will get fit and turn out to be a star, Dj will start scoring and De Vries will continue to improve, put in good performances and score goals.

I just hope Leicester can do it this season, get the results, score goals and generally entertain the fans. We have an entertaining season, with some good goals and results, for the fans to enjoy, and finish say 10th place in the table i will be happy.

As im sure other fans will be :D

Why what's the problem? Have you got a bet on MA lasting the season or something?

Seriously though the idea has merit.

And what a change it would make if City lose 3-1, reading endless posts along the lines of "Let's All Have A Disco" :dance::cheers::scarf::banana:

Perhaps we could have a communal Forgiveness Week.

Thirty-six pages of stubborn defence of our team along the lines of:

"We never do well at Palace"

"We just need time to gell"

"At least we had some shots"

And not one word of criticism.

Honestly with a bit of thought that sort of posting could really brighten Sunday morning.

It might even become standard reaction - an effective antidote for all dark days.

Phlegmatic defiance...what will be will be.

Once used to the idea we might never care again about any defeat. Dadadadaa, Dadadadaa :thumbup::D

Thats just the point. Why are we under pressure??? Wolves lost there opening game at home, Southampton were amongst the favs and lost as did West Brom, relegated Sheff Utd and drew as did Charlton, both against teams they would have been expected to beat. Why is it that their fans aren't going OTT but some on here went mental?! Madness.

Calling for Allen's head is madness after 1 league game and 1 cup game.

What i'm worried about is that up front we don't look dangerous enough to be scoring enough goals to really worry other teams, and even Accrington strolled through our defense!

Maybe it is all part and parcel of a slow start to the season but so far it does not look good, but that is no cause to get carried away with tabloid-esc feelings of overreaction :rolleyes:

There are many tricky games up till that game including Wolves and Sheff Utd at home and Plymouth, Charlton, Sheff Wed, and potentially Ipswitch away after their opening result and even newly promoted SThorpe away will be difficult. We need the results in our home games and hopefully we will continue to create the chances at home like against Blackpool, get the goals and get the wins and nick as many points away from home as possible.

Only 1 game into the season we are ok for now and we really could have done with that win against Blackpool who i feel may get relegated after watching them in that first match. We were a little unlucky. I fear if we lose to Palace which is very probable, we may end up losing to Watford and then we will be in a bit of trouble with the other games coming up.

Hopefully Kaebi will get fit and turn out to be a star, Dj will start scoring and De Vries will continue to improve, put in good performances and score goals.

I just hope Leicester can do it this season, get the results, score goals and generally entertain the fans. We have an entertaining season, with some good goals and results, for the fans to enjoy, and finish say 10th place in the table i will be happy.

As im sure other fans will be :D

I will be honest and say that I would be disappointed if we did not get to the playoffs! That has more to do with me supporting Leicester since 1989 and remembering most that we are a big fish in this poultry division.

I do have to be realistic and realize that it is difficult to go from bottom half to promotion challengers in a close season.

In football money talks and we have more money than most in this division that should give MA the tools to do very well, hopefully he will do things his way and he will be successful, I will back him as much as I can as i believe (a bit like I did with CL to start with :rolleyes: ) he can get us promoted. ;)

The only way we will be under serious pressure is if we get drawn into a relegation battle and i think this Palace game is key to get a result, get some points on the board and build up the confidence of the team. Im sure the team will get better and better through the season as they will be more used to playing with eachother. Lets just try our very best to keep in touch with the play offs in mid table and im sure things will improve as the season goes by as the players will, and i don't like to use this term "gel".

There is no need to panic yet and i will stop moaning now.

if we have 0 points from the first 3,4 or 5 games i will be a little worried. :cry:

Archived