Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mancunianfox

No problems in the Leicester camp

Allen dismisses talk of rift with Milan as "just rubbish"

by Bill Anderson

Defiant Leicester City boss Martin Allen today dismissed speculation of a rift with chairman Milan Mandaric and that his job is at risk only three games into the season.

Mandaric also shrugged off rumours of a shock successor as “pure speculation which I do not want to comment onâ€.

There was a suggestion last week that Allen and Mandaric were in disagreement over the Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink transfer which broke down.

More recently, two national newspapers said that former West Ham and Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder was being considered as Allen's replacement.

It sounds crazy after only two league games, even if the first one was the crushing disappointment of a home defeat to Blackpool.

As to a rift with the chairman, Allen said: “There has been a lot of talk and I don't usually comment on it.

“But there has been innuendo, untruths told which are out of order - but when you are in the heat of the kitchen, a bigger kitchen than I have been used to I suppose, I will have to accept that this is going to happen, that people will start rumours off, try to invent stories, and it is just more rubbish.â€

Of the weekend rumours, Allen said: “That made me laugh as well. One defeat, one win, one draw. I am fine with that.

“People can write what they like, suggest what they like, but on Saturday our stadium will be buzzing for the visit of Watford, top of the table and a good side.

“Speculation never puts a dampener on anything I have ever done at my other clubs. Now, with speculation rife, it makes me smile, doesn't make me upset or worried. I just love coming to work every day.

“Being an Allen, a famous football family, I have had to put up with a lot, fight my way through it, take it on the chin.

“It doesn't hurt me at all, it just makes me stronger.â€

Hasselbaink is understood to have refused a fitness assessment which scuppered the deal, and the 35-year-old striker was “not ready†to play for Cardiff at QPR last Saturday, which rather proves Allen's point.

Allen said: “The truth of the matter is that I had a long chat with the chairman, a long chat with the player and his agent and, for one reason or another - I will not go into details - I recommended to the chairman that I didn't think we should take him. It was not in the best interests of this football club and the chairman backed me on it. That's it. There is nothing more to be said.

“Then, 48 hours later, we got a goalkeeper (Marton Fulop) and a left-back (Clive Clarke), positions I felt needed to be improved, and I stressed at the time that my priority at this time was not a centre-forward. The chairman backed me on that as well.â€

Mandaric said at the time that he supported his manager's judgement.

Can we move on now from all of the negative sack the manager threads from now on?

Good old Bill only a week behind what was being said here last week :rolleyes:

Know it has been said (I believe by yourself?) last week but I guess its in response to everything that has been said since then. Besides, this is the first time either have said that all is ok publically.

Cort - injured.

Ka-ebi - awaiting international clearance.

Hardly phantoms.

:rolleyes:

I thought Cort was supposed to be back in training - presumably with a view to playing some football sometime.

And how long ago did we sign Ka'ebi. You could have written a novel in that time never mind considering a few arguments, making a decision and signing a few bits of paper.

It's not as if no-one's ever heard of him.

If they're not phantoms they sure are elusive.

I thought Cort was supposed to be back in training - presumably with a view to playing some football sometime.

And how long ago did we sign Ka'ebi. You could have written a novel in that time never mind considering a few arguments, making a decision and signing a few bits of paper.

It's not as if no-one's ever heard of him.

If they're not phantoms they sure are elusive.

Ok.

You win.

They are phantoms, apparitions.. they are ghostly figures.

The time of playing injured players or re-introducing them too quickly are HOPEFULLY in the past. The last thing we need is idiots like you lamenting the fact that MA is not rushing Cort back.

Ok.

You win.

They are phantoms, apparitions.. they are ghostly figures.

The time of playing injured players or re-introducing them too quickly are HOPEFULLY in the past. The last thing we need is idiots like you lamenting the fact that MA is not rushing Cort back.

There you go adding 2 + 2 and getting about 10. For a supposed "tutor" your understanding of written English is shit.

It might be nice if MA gave an undate on the players situation but far from "rushing him back" I'd be perfectly happy if he were transferred off the base tomorrow.

There you go adding 2 + 2 and getting about 10. For a supposed "tutor" your understanding of written English is shit.

It might be nice if MA gave an undate on the players situation but far from "rushing him back" I'd be perfectly happy if he were transferred off the base tomorrow.

Do you really want me to argue with you over use of the English language?

For a supposed journalist, your use of written English is absolutely appalling, you youth-obsessed, racist, bigot.

Don't concern yourself. He's a product of our time. His taunts are like raindrops of a waxed coat because I have no respect for him.

In contrast to you, who commands the respect of all!

Except gays, blacks and anyone who realises that Sheehan, Porter and Dodds are not God's gift.

Next time I want to hear from a racist, homophobe, I'll give you a call. Until then, I won't bother, thanks!

Enjoy your wax coat.

Don't concern yourself. He's a product of our time. His taunts are like raindrops of a waxed coat because I have no respect for him.

The Kokopops Thracian-English dictionary:

You're like a galvanised bucket on a market stall, all noise and nothing in it - All mouth and no trousers

Like raindrops on a waxed coat - Like water off a duck's back

In contrast to you, who commands the respect of all!

Except gays, blacks and anyone who realises that Sheehan, Porter and Dodds are not God's gift.

Next time I want to hear from a racist, homophobe, I'll give you a call. Until then, I won't bother, thanks!

Enjoy your wax coat.

Oooh and I forgot about the 'evil' fish eating Chinese!

Archived