Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tbf

The Walkers' Experience

I rarely get to see Leicester play these days, being a student in Sheffield, but I used to sit in the top of the double decker in the old days. In the few games i have been to in the Walkers i have tended to sit in K1 since i like the atmosphere and banter of being near the away fans. It seems to magnify the experience; cheering in the face of the visitors is second to none, while having them cheer at an away goal kicks you where it hurts. And you get a good view of the whole pitch.

I've arranged to bring 3 mates (who have never been to a football game ever before) to see the Watford game on Saturday, i convinced them to come saying it would only cost 15 quid (we're all 21). But i found that for this price the best seats we could get were in the cop. Considering this now i think it may be for the best, since this is where the most noise comes from.

This all brought me ask the question:

What experience do you get sitting in each part of the ground, and what sort of supporter sits there?

I rarely get to see Leicester play these days, being a student in Sheffield, but I used to sit in the top of the double decker in the old days. In the few games i have been to in the Walkers i have tended to sit in K1 since i like the atmosphere and banter of being near the away fans. It seems to magnify the experience; cheering in the face of the visitors is second to none, while having them cheer at an away goal kicks you where it hurts. And you get a good view of the whole pitch.

I've arranged to bring 3 mates (who have never been to a football game ever before) to see the Watford game on Saturday, i convinced them to come saying it would only cost 15 quid (we're all 21). But i found that for this price the best seats we could get were in the cop. Considering this now i think it may be for the best, since this is where the most noise comes from.

This all brought me ask the question:

What experience do you get sitting in each part of the ground, and what sort of supporter sits there?

The only atmosphere in the Walkers is in L or K now :thumbup: as the club have made N all ST Holders :@:frusty: . The South, West and North stands are now full of a few specimens, the living dead, festering corpses who pass for Leicester fans, happy clappers, prawn sandwiches and suits, business sorts who are showing their clients the "high" life :unsure: ,kids who bring their psp's and women who scream :rolleyes:

West Stand = Flask Brigade

Kop = Predominantly Flask Brigade

A+L = Flask Brigade

North Stand = Kids with plenty of Flask Brigade

N = A few who started something great last year but has no support from the club this year so is crumbling - so nearly empty

L + K = The mad lot who stand all game and create as much atmosphere as possible for 700-800 people.

For you information I have a season ticket in N but will probably move to K or L after Watford due to its failure to take off this season - which is a great shame.

The only atmosphere in the Walkers is in L or K now :thumbup: as the club have made N all ST Holders :@:frusty: . The South, West and North stands are now full of a few specimens, the living dead, festering corpses who pass for Leicester fans, happy clappers, prawn sandwiches and suits, business sorts who are showing their clients the "high" life :unsure: ,kids who bring their psp's and women who scream :rolleyes:

L is ST holders only too...and its full of wanna be gangsters,who have just started shaving.

Yes....i do sit there :blink:

West Stand = Flask Brigade

Kop = Predominantly Falsk Brigade

A+L = Flask Brigade

North Stand = Kids with plenty of Flask Brigade

N = A few who started something great last year but has no support from the club this year so is crumbling

L + K = The mad lot who stand all game and create as much atmosphere as possible for 700-800 people.

For you information I have a season ticket in N but will probably move to K or L after Watford due to its failure to take off this season - which is a great shame.

Glen i was also 1 of the few left in N for Blackpool and I have moved to L for £20! well spent me thinks / hopes :thumbup: don't resist come along before satdi

And of course the inhabitants of L1 are all perfect specimens of humanity who bring nothing but credit on our club...

Glen i was also 1 of the few left in N for Blackpool and I have moved to L for £20! well spent me thinks / hopes :thumbup: don't resist come along before satdi

Have you bought your Burberry cap yet??? :D

Its a shame to see you go mate.I will defo move but will sit it out for Watford as won't be down to the ground in time to change it.How far up have you manage to relocate for - which row>?
Got up to LL 4 from the back :rolleyes: I was the silly sod on the back row centre in N with the flag n the shouting :D Who were you and where did you sit?

And of course the inhabitants of L1 are all perfect specimens of humanity who bring nothing but credit on our club...

:thumbup:

Oh...your being sarcastic are you???

ARE YOU??? :@

:D

I usually find out where Raj sits and then do my best to sit as far away from him as possible lol

Your not the only one...i now have a whole row to myself!!!! :D

I think i smell......or i'm just a twat!!!!

Whatever! :)

Yeah I know who you are mate I seen you all last season and at Accrington was practically next to ya.

I was stood with the old guy on the back row at the ailse seperator at Blackpool

Oh Nice1 (I think :unsure: ) Say Hi next time :thumbup:

I probably know your face but cannot place the name :cool:

This is a sad topic. All it does is ferment the ludicrous assumption that, unless you hail from the beer swilling, chanting brigade, you are somewhat a lesser "supporter". I know some fans that have been going down for 50 years plus. Apart from being a juvenile view it is plainly stupid to class these people as anyway inferior because they prefer to enjoy their football in a different way, rather than sit with some piss-head. From my experience these fans have forgotten more about football than half of the "superior" fans will ever know.

This is a sad topic. All it does is ferment the ludicrous assumption that, unless you hail from the beer swilling, chanting brigade, you are somewhat a lesser "supporter". I know some fans that have been going down for 50 years plus. Apart from being a juvenile view it is plainly stupid to class these people as anyway inferior because they prefer to enjoy their football in a different way, rather than sit with some piss-head. From my experience these fans have forgotten more about football than half of the "superior" fans will ever know.

I agree with you on that one and and proud to be classed in the chanting brigade - if thats what you want to call it -but why does it seem that in the Walkers their is 99.5% of people who do this and only 0.5% who sing.

Whereas at Filbert street the percentages where very much different - would like to put a figure on them though.

Archived