Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tbf

The Walkers' Experience

Your not the only one...i now have a whole row to myself!!!! :D

I think i smell......or i'm just a twat!!!!

Whatever! :)

:D

I must admit I am a bit of a wandering soul with no real home at the moment lol. I was going to get a season ticket but that didn't materialize so I`ll be jumping from stand to stand until I find my spiritual spot. I was thinking of bringing up a couple of feng shui experts to help me chose my place but for now, I`ll just go with the flow lol

I agree with you on that one and and proud to be classed in the chanting brigade - if thats what you want to call it -but why does it seem that in the Walkers their is 99.5% of people who do this and only 0.5% who sing.

Whereas at Filbert street the percentages where very much different - would like to put a figure on them though.

And when the Leicester City "chanting brigade" get going they are second to none.

This is a sad topic. All it does is ferment the ludicrous assumption that, unless you hail from the beer swilling, chanting brigade, you are somewhat a lesser "supporter". I know some fans that have been going down for 50 years plus. Apart from being a juvenile view it is plainly stupid to class these people as anyway inferior because they prefer to enjoy their football in a different way, rather than sit with some piss-head. From my experience these fans have forgotten more about football than half of the "superior" fans will ever know.

We all see the world in different ways, and enjoy the same things in different ways.

Live n let live hey?

My opinions are such, but I believe them to be accurate from an atmosphere point of view, I don't class other fans as "lesser" but do wish we had a better vocal support. I wish we had more passion in our support, like a Liverpool for example

We all see the world in different ways, and enjoy the same things in different ways.

Live n let live hey?

My opinions are such, but I believe them to be accurate from an atmosphere point of view, I don't class other fans as "lesser" but do wish we had a better vocal support. I wish we had more passion in our support, like a Liverpool for example

Perhaps if City can get 40 odd years of continued success that might happen. However, I suspect that even the pensioners from the fair city of Liverpool probably behave as they do in Leicester.

Think it was the Brum game last season which proved WE CAN all sing and create an atmosphere.

That evening if i can recall correctly the atmosphere was intense.

If only we could re-create that every game,we'd have an atmosphere to be proud of. :D

(p.s must stop say atmosphere.... :unsure: )

I rarely get to see Leicester play these days, being a student in Sheffield, but I used to sit in the top of the double decker in the old days. In the few games i have been to in the Walkers i have tended to sit in K1 since i like the atmosphere and banter of being near the away fans. It seems to magnify the experience; cheering in the face of the visitors is second to none, while having them cheer at an away goal kicks you where it hurts. And you get a good view of the whole pitch.

I've arranged to bring 3 mates (who have never been to a football game ever before) to see the Watford game on Saturday, i convinced them to come saying it would only cost 15 quid (we're all 21). But i found that for this price the best seats we could get were in the cop. Considering this now i think it may be for the best, since this is where the most noise comes from.

This all brought me ask the question:

What experience do you get sitting in each part of the ground, and what sort of supporter sits there?

the kop was very good for blackpool game mate so hopefully it will stays that way.

Live n let live hey?

its not about passion really its about bottle, i would say i am very passionate about lcfc but the only way i chant at games is if i am at the back of the kop not at the front because i haven't got the bottle to stand up in front of everyone and start chanting and that must be the same for everyone at the back of l1 and the back of the kop.

its not about passion really its about bottle, i would say i am very passionate about lcfc but the only way i chant at games is if i am at the back of the kop not at the front because i haven't got the bottle to stand up in front of everyone and start chanting and that must be the same for everyone at the back of l1 and the back of the kop.

Also something to do with them guys being on the bottle before hand! :D

It shouldn't be about bottle but if there are a few of you to at least try to get one part of the stadium singing then it makes things easier. Not so much now days but a good few years back I`d get the songs going and almost found it as good as driving a car or boarding for a plane when about to go on holiday but there have been times when Ive tried to start something off and it fell on deaf ears lol. As far as I was concerned I used to think that the people who didn't want to actually cheer on their side and attempt to raise the volume to inspire them were not only the ones who should be embarrassed but were actually cheating themselves out of a great day out as trust me, going home and sounding like you have been chewing on a bag of nails is a great feeling lol. BTW, its not like we are going to some X-Factor audition to embarrass ourselves like half of the country are seemingly doing, we are actually going to cheer on our side singing songs usually to the tune of hymns or show tunes lol

It shouldn't be about bottle but if there are a few of you to at least try to get one part of the stadium singing then it makes things easier. Not so much now days but a good few years back I`d get the songs going and almost found it as good as driving a car or boarding for a plane when about to go on holiday but there have been times when Ive tried to start something off and it fell on deaf ears lol. As far as I was concerned I used to think that the people who didn't want to actually cheer on their side and attempt to raise the volume to inspire them were not only the ones who should be embarrassed but were actually cheating themselves out of a great day out as trust me, going home and sounding like you have been chewing on a bag of nails is a great feeling lol. BTW, its not like we are going to some X-Factor audition to embarrass ourselves like half of the country are seemingly doing, we are actually going to cheer on our side singing songs usually to the tune of hymns or show tunes lol

Agree with every word. :thumbup:

Agree with every word. :thumbup:

Hello all this is my first post! i think the problem is some of the people who sit in the KOP. i have been told to sit down on numerous occasions normaly by eldarly women. I normaly try to point out that they should go and sit some where else if they don't like noise and exitment i personaly think they could solve the problem of atmosphere by moving the away fans into the corner of the east stand and the Kop. i know there have been suggestions that the KOP should move but i don't think it should be us that is moved arround it should be them lot!!!

Hello all this is my first post! i think the problem is some of the people who sit in the KOP. i have been told to sit down on numerous occasions normaly by eldarly women. I normaly try to point out that they should go and sit some where else if they don't like noise and exitment i personaly think they could solve the problem of atmosphere by moving the away fans into the corner of the east stand and the Kop. i know there have been suggestions that the KOP should move but i don't think it should be us that is moved arround it should be them lot!!!

:welcome: And the away fans can't be moved because as explained many times before but obviously not to your knowledge...because if the away fans moved next to the kop they would have to walk all the way through all the leicester fans to the other side of the stadium to get to the coaches and cars. Where they are they're straight out and the road's right infront of them. It's for safety and easier to deal with. But I agree the Kop shouldn't move...but that's what NBlock is for? And L Block(s)?

:welcome: And the away fans can't be moved because as explained many times before but obviously not to your knowledge...because if the away fans moved next to the kop they would have to walk all the way through all the leicester fans to the other side of the stadium to get to the coaches and cars. Where they are they're straight out and the road's right infront of them. It's for safety and easier to deal with. But I agree the Kop shouldn't move...but that's what NBlock is for? And L Block(s)?

and this is why they should reopen th invanhoe line - straight up the embankment onto a special train into the city...

I agree with you on that one and and proud to be classed in the chanting brigade - if thats what you want to call it -but why does it seem that in the Walkers their is 99.5% of people who do this and only 0.5% who sing.

Whereas at Filbert street the percentages where very much different - would like to put a figure on them though.

i'll have the odd chant cause it sounds great when every one does it - a lot of the reason people don't sing, i'm sorry to say, is that we don't really have any good songs any more: personally, i don't want the arse of a crow, many of the songs now, just don't work across a big stadium - even something like 'get into 'em' - who wants to sing that nowadays, especially with little kids round and about.

gone are the days of, ewan roberts is a welshman, he wears a welshmans hat! i was quite excited when some body started 'i predict a riot' for matty fryatt,which never caught on just the du du du du stuff we've heard before.

most of the vocalising these days seems to be centred on abusing the away fans, certain players or the ref.

under o'neil practically every player had their own song, even if it was often nothing more than 'ofly-old, olfy-old, olfy-old.

agreed tell her to mind her own business! ;)

:welcome:

i'll have the odd chant cause it sounds great when every one does it - a lot of the reason people don't sing, i'm sorry to say, is that we don't really have any good songs any more: personally, i don't want the arse of a crow, many of the songs now, just don't work across a big stadium - even something like 'get into 'em' - who wants to sing that nowadays, especially with little kids round and about.

gone are the days of, ewan roberts is a welshman, he wears a welshmans hat! i was quite excited when some body started 'i predict a riot' for matty fryatt,which never caught on just the du du du du stuff we've heard before.

most of the vocalising these days seems to be centred on abusing the away fans, certain players or the ref.

under o'neil practically every player had their own song, even if it was often nothing more than 'ofly-old, olfy-old, olfy-old.

Ok I give in I'll admit it, I don't sing, if you ever heard me you would know why.

If I did I would probably have the whole stand to myself.

This would be no fun whatsoever, no-one to argue or discuss a point with.

Yeah I'll cheer, rant rave, but sing never. Even I don't like the sound of my voice, so you'd all hate me. :cry:

Leicester fans are as good as any in the championship, it was loud in the kop but as the team did not have a clue how to break Blackpool down everyone got fustrated. The bottom line is team have not given anyone anything to sing about for years now and i was bitterly disappointed with the effort against Blackpool and it better improve or ill take martin allen into the car park to straighten him out.

Archived