Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tbf

The Walkers' Experience

Hello all this is my first post! i think the problem is some of the people who sit in the KOP. i have been told to sit down on numerous occasions normaly by eldarly women. I normaly try to point out that they should go and sit some where else if they don't like noise and exitment i personaly think they could solve the problem of atmosphere by moving the away fans into the corner of the east stand and the Kop. i know there have been suggestions that the KOP should move but i don't think it should be us that is moved arround it should be them lot!!!

Yeah i have the same problem but with some older blokes (and no-one else near me stands), and all these blokes ever do is moan about the lack of atmosphere comapred to "their day" and how s**te the current team are. :@

Hello all this is my first post! i think the problem is some of the people who sit in the KOP. i have been told to sit down on numerous occasions normaly by eldarly women. I normaly try to point out that they should go and sit some where else if they don't like noise and exitment i personaly think they could solve the problem of atmosphere by moving the away fans into the corner of the east stand and the Kop. i know there have been suggestions that the KOP should move but i don't think it should be us that is moved arround it should be them lot!!!

point them in the direction of the west stand.

People shouldn't complain about being told to sit down, as let's not forget that it's illegal, and the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of people in the stadium are happy to remain seated and not fly in the face of the law. It isn't that the club wants you to sit down - it doesn't want to be punished by the authorities for not ensuring the fans behave as required by law.

BUT

It's very obvious that there are sections of supporters that would rather stand up, but rather than upset the stewards and the fans around you that don't feel the same, channel your efforts into getting the authorities to listen to you. There is support for the return of terracing in some form (I'd like it to come back myself, even though I wouldn't use it because I'm old and knackered) in Parliament, so if you're really bothered about this write to your MP and tell him how much this means to you and you never know, it may yet get back on the agenda.

I'm not taking the mick. If people feel as strongly about this as they claim they do, get off your backsides and do something constructive about it. Being bloody minded and turning up at the ground and standing isn't going to bring the terraces back, but a concerted campaign for them and making your voices heard in the right places might.

Unfortunately SafeStanding's website is down at the moment, but when it's back up, have a look

and this is why they should reopen th invanhoe line - straight up the embankment onto a special train into the city...

:w00t:

There's this site +forum too

http://www.standupsitdown.co.uk/

Cheers potter, legend was just about to do so :)

Why is that the case though in those two blocks? Seems silly IMO

Not really, makes sense. Means that the club know who is sitting in there and can easily get you banned for doing stupid things. (Singing, Standing :o Don't do that, crime of the century you know) But it does make a bit of sense, redueces police costs.

I advice you'all that want to bring back SAFE standing, to sign the petition at standupsitdown (Link above or in sig). The campaign is really growing and there is a big help with the ex-Sports Minister being given the boot thatnks to Gordon Brown.

I would also adivse you to become a member of the FSF (Football Supporters Fedaration) as they are a top group of volenteers that are trying to make football better to everyone.

Last time i went in the kop i was told to be quiet by some woman. Oh to be back in the good old days squashed up in pen 2 when you could sing and shout and not worry about upsetting some old dear 6 rows infront of you. No atmosphere at games anymore :( . Families should go in a family stand and leave the choir in peace, i'm sure the players would benefit on the pitch with more noise from behind the goal! I had some good times on the kop but sadly i feel the atmosphere has gone . Oh the good old days yep yep yep :rolleyes:

Last time i went in the kop i was told to be quiet by some woman. Oh to be back in the good old days squashed up in pen 2 when you could sing and shout and not worry about upsetting some old dear 6 rows infront of you. No atmosphere at games anymore :( . Families should go in a family stand and leave the choir in peace, i'm sure the players would benefit on the pitch with more noise from behind the goal! I had some good times on the kop but sadly i feel the atmosphere has gone . Oh the good old days yep yep yep :rolleyes:

This coming from a bloke in a fcking corporate suite. Doing Loads to help :rolleyes:

Archived