Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager Or Fifa manager?

Just to settle a dispute  

61 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• Football Manager
    • Fifa Manager

The tactics affect the outcome more, you have to change your tactics sometimes to beat the opposition, like playing down the flanks if they have crap wide players, and it you can actually see it working.

T'is the same with FifaMan...Usually you'd get it right before the match starts though, and it's more the formation that matters.

I can see what your saying though, I just find FM drags & if you try to do it quick it's crap.

T'is the same with FifaMan...Usually you'd get it right before the match starts though, and it's more the formation that matters.

I can see what your saying though, I just find FM drags & if you try to do it quick it's crap.

yeah Fifa's betetr for a quick game, only Damo sems to manage to do Football Manager quickly lol

\

BTW, seeing as you're not on MSN, how come you used that Safeway (?) driving thing and not Peter Noble? :unsure:

It's something I can't put words to in terms of features. It's the way the game responds to your tactics, the way your players respond to you, trends of form and performance. Levels of analysis that FIFA just doesn't compete with. You can get so much deeper into actual management because SiGames aren't twatting around with a 3D much engine that, if anything, impedes judgement, or flashy graphical newspaper pages and animated menus.

There are a lot of people in this thread that are bumming FM because they think they should, sheep as you call them. I maybe agree with that term, but I'm not one of them. I've played more FIFA Manager / Total Club Manager games then I have FM. I've played them since the very first one (with a Welshman the highest rated player on the game and Fat Ronaldo an emerging talent. :thumbup: ), I've played it through it's RPG phase (TCM04, lol) and I've played them right up to now and they just don't compete.

They're far too easy, far too shallow and no way near involving enough. Fact. I'm a fairly recent FM convert, but I'm amazed it took me this long.

It's something I can't put words to in terms of features. It's the way the game responds to your tactics, the way your players respond to you, trends of form and performance. Levels of analysis that FIFA just doesn't compete with. You can get so much deeper into actual management because SiGames aren't twatting around with a 3D much engine that, if anything, impedes judgement, or flashy graphical newspaper pages and animated menus.

There are a lot of people in this thread that are bumming FM because they think they should, sheep as you call them. I maybe agree with that term, but I'm not one of them. I've played more FIFA Manager / Total Club Manager games then I have FM. I've played them since the very first one (with a Welshman the highest rated player on the game and Fat Ronaldo an emerging talent. :thumbup: ), I've played it through it's RPG phase (TCM04, lol) and I've played them right up to now and they just don't compete.

They're far too easy, far too shallow and no way near involving enough. Fact. I'm a fairly recent FM convert, but I'm amazed it took me this long.

Total Club Manager, Ha! I had 03 and 04. Aswell as CM 03/04, which was by far the better game. Fair enough it was the best CM ever though.

17 Pounds. And the guy who teaches me looks like MDV & has the same name as me :D:cool:

:P

I phoned Peter today.

There are a lot of people in this thread that are bumming FM because they think they should, sheep as you call them. I maybe agree with that term, but I'm not one of them. I've played more FIFA Manager / Total Club Manager games then I have FM. I've played them since the very first one (with a Welshman the highest rated player on the game and Fat Ronaldo an emerging talent. :thumbup: ), I've played it through it's RPG phase (TCM04, lol ) and I've played them right up to now and they just don't compete.

FM05 was my first manager game since pRemier Manager 99 :D But before that I used to play Total club and some other EA ones that SUAS had, and I enjoyed them both the same amount, until I had an epic game on FM with Exeter :cool:

And the fact I'm about to sign Rob Ullathorne :D

:P

I phoned Peter today.

FM05 was my first manager game since pRemier Manager 99 :D But before that I used to play Total club and some other EA ones that SUAS had, and I enjoyed them both the same amount, until I had an epic game on FM with Exeter :cool:

I've had two games with Exeter. One time I got them to League One in consecutive seasons and got bored of it. Another time I got them into the Champions League. Consecutive promotions up to Championship, two seasons in the Championship, and was in the middle of a third Premiership season when I last played it.

Superb.

CM 03-04 was the best game in the series, probably. Football Manager seems a little less personal for some reason.

Archived