Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SOCCERROO FOX

Best Place to Download Music for Free

Best Place to Download Music for Free.........I was originally useing limewire but coped a decent virus off it and are now after a free alternative with a decent music catelouge.

Cheers in advance

i like soulseek, great access to users files, so when you find someone with similar tastes you can just (eventually) copy there entire record collection - its more like windows explorer than some memory sucking GUI...

only problem nowadays, is usage is sporadic, so sometimes you can see what you want but can't get it, also sometimes hard to find certain artists.

oink? tell me more?

Oink is a dedicated music torrent site. It is a private tracker for members only. To become a member you have to have been invited.

Currently there are approximately 2,900,000 torrents on the site. Each torrent is a release (i.e. an album or a single or application) with no duplicates. They maintain a bite rate standard of 192kbs or greater to ensure everything on the site is an acceptable standard. Anyone how posts transcodes or below 192kbs is banned. That is what makes it stand out from the others and the other forms of p2p. All types of music formats are there mp3, FLAC, ogg, monkey, wma etc etc.

The site is infamous in the music industry for getting music out in the public domain before it is actually released in the shops. For example, the recent White Stripes album was upped there two weeks before release. As I understand it Jack White himself wrote to oink asking them to take it down until its release but they refused. Another example would be TV on Radio's Return to Cookie Mountain which was upped six months before its release.

You get many rare releases there too. Along with B sides etc.

Great site. Love music, love oink.

PS I only know this because Daggers told me.

Archived