Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Charlton Post Match Wake

The simple point is we are not winning games and if it means giving "The pork and chesse Ferrai" and Kaebi a go well im all for that we have a big squad with players yet to be given a shot in the first team to prove them selves yet we play guys like Richie Spearmint who proved last year they aren't cutting it at this level.

Allan sheehan has been good in games but not consistant (like most) and will need to continue to work on his games i believe to hold his spot in the side.

This post was brought to you by me

I'm as concerned about Sheehan "closing down" - as much as everyone else.

Sheehan is clearly a more dangerous attacker than Mattock.

His two goals and one assist already this season show the sort of contribution he can make.

His heading and positional discipline seem to have improved and he is obviously dangerous from set pieces.

But he has a languid style and the fact that he doesn't get tight enough seems to make him too easily turned or beaten, particularly on his inside.

He really needs to work on those aspects of his game and on becoming much more two-footed.

Otherwise his considerable creative ability will be wasted.

If we can ever play Sheehan and Mattock together they have got to start communicating with each other. On saturday there was absolutely no awareness of the ball or of each others position, and no anticipation of where they were going to run. Mattock improved in the second half but passes were still going loose. It was really sloppy. I'll take that as an off day, but if they play like that together again they need a kick up the backside.

If we can ever play Sheehan and Mattock together they have got to start communicating with each other. On saturday there was absolutely no awareness of the ball or of each others position, and no anticipation of where they were going to run. Mattock improved in the second half but passes were still going loose. It was really sloppy. I'll take that as an off day, but if they play like that together again they need a kick up the backside.

They can't play together down a flank, neither is an accomplished enough defender.

Mattock is the better marker/tracker/tackler of the two, but on Saturday's evidence, he needs to improve as much as anyone to stake a regular claim for a place.

EDIT : I haven't read the full thread. Please someone tell me that Thracian ISN'T trying to excuse Sheehan's performance against Charlton? Not only was his positioning awful and his usual lack of closing down in evidence which could POSSIBLY be PARTIALLY excused by being played out of position, he also failed to competently display ANY footballing ability at all during the entire game. Mis-hit and mis-placed passes, woeful attempts at tackles... there was just no evidence on this display that the man is even a footballer at all!

They can't play together down a flank, neither is an accomplished enough defender.

Mattock is the better marker/tracker/tackler of the two, but on Saturday's evidence, he needs to improve as much as anyone to stake a regular claim for a place.

EDIT : I haven't read the full thread. Please someone tell me that Thracian ISN'T trying to excuse Sheehan's performance against Charlton? Not only was his positioning awful and his usual lack of closing down in evidence which could POSSIBLY be PARTIALLY excused by being played out of position, he also failed to competently display ANY footballing ability at all during the entire game. Mis-hit and mis-placed passes, woeful attempts at tackles... there was just no evidence on this display that the man is even a footballer at all!

When Sheehan plays poorly for some reason he's never just bad, he is abloutley guff.

He was terrible at Palace as well, he made Porter look like Ryan Giggs.

When Sheehan plays poorly for some reason he's never just bad, he is abloutley guff.

He was terrible at Palace as well, he made Porter look like Ryan Giggs.

It's because he's a lazy twat with very little idea of how to actually play football for 90 minutes, relying instead on his surrogate father to defend him on an internet forum using statistics mainly derived from how the team played when he happened to be included and a deflected free kick or short pass to someone belting the ball in from 25 yards.

He winds me up something chronic. The lack of effort is inexcusable. A left-back playing on the left wing should at least have some sort of clue defensively. He seems to see it as a licence to wander around as if he's good enough to hold a Ronaldinho-esque free role from the left wing.

Twat.

It's because he's a lazy twat with very little idea of how to actually play football for 90 minutes, relying instead on his surrogate father to defend him on an internet forum using statistics mainly derived from how the team played when he happened to be included and a deflected free kick or short pass to someone belting the ball in from 25 yards.

He winds me up something chronic. The lack of effort is inexcusable. A left-back playing on the left wing should at least have some sort of clue defensively. He seems to see it as a licence to wander around as if he's good enough to hold a Ronaldinho-esque free role from the left wing.

Twat.

But don't forget that if it wasn't for an amazing block on a well hit goal bound shot*, he'd be our top scorer now.

*I heard it on the radio. Must be true

Archived