Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Charlton Post Match Wake

You know what we should do? We should give every player a video of an Arsenal player in their position and make them play that way. Clemence can have the Fabregas video and Cort can be our Adebyour.

Do eet.

Clemence is the only good player we have.

Actually apart from Cort. Adebayor is not fit to lace Corts boots.

I missed much of the game; what subs did he make?

I assume we started like this....

Fulop

N'Gotty McAuley Kisnorbo Mattock

Hume Chambers Clemence Sheehan

Fryatt Cort

?

No, Stearman started at right back with N gotty on the bench.

At half time N gotty and Kishishev came on for Hume and Sheehan.

Kisnorbo shifted to left back i think!

That initial team selection screamed of not knowing his players. Which is understanable considering his short spell in charge.

That initial team selection screamed of not knowing his players. Which is understanable considering his short spell in charge.

Then you would hope that he might take some advice/opinions from people who do know the players.

Then you would hope that he might take some advice/opinions from people who do know the players.

That's what i can't understand. Perhaps they don't have the bottle to speak up :dunno: Or they did speak up and are also to blame for the shoddy display.

I'm trying my utmost to get behind you Megson. But taking of our best player isn't going to do you any favours.

I dont want to get on megsons back and im not going to... Im staying confident although im gutted about todays game. I didnt fancy us to get anything from it. We aint playing as a team which is obvious. I think we need to really get the right starting 11... our starting 11 is not that, that started today...

Like walsh said we are being to nice... we need to stop fearing other teams and start getting stuck in.. It makes it even worse when we can beat a quality side like watford 4-1 and then we start losing confidence, thers no logic in that. We should be buzzing after that game and the momentum should have been carryed on, but it hasnt. Obviously the manager change has knocked that a lot but we still have the same players... They are Pro's so there should be no excuse's.

It is early days still we really need to work hard on the training ground and start getting our strongest players leading the team. Apart from Clemence and maybe hume we have no leaders It seems as tho we are not quite jelling as other teams are. But like i say im confident it will come.

Come on megson and taggart lets get it sorted and push on from here!!!

So megson's first league game in charge has been played... and apparantly it was dreadful. Now, as with recent years, this and the boo- boys shouts of 'megson out' come as no great surprise to me and as always theres some fools already asking for the gaffer to get the boot after just one game but thats their opinion (everybodies entitled to one... just doesnt mean to say its right) and mine on this occassion is that we need to give megson time, just as I said we needed to give MA time. What worries me though is this: MM has been in charge of our club since jan/feb of this year and during this time we have had four managers (3 of which he has picked himself). We need some stability within our management structure and quickly but with MM obviously (from his time at pompey and his brief spell here) not afraid to 'hire and fire' if results aren't going right, then how long before the boo- boys get their wish granted if megson doesn't get our team playing at its very best?

So megson's first league game in charge has been played... and apparantly it was dreadful. Now, as with recent years, this and the boo- boys shouts of 'megson out' come as no great surprise to me and as always theres some fools already asking for the gaffer to get the boot after just one game but thats their opinion (everybodies entitled to one... just doesnt mean to say its right) and mine on this occassion is that we need to give megson time, just as I said we needed to give MA time. What worries me though is this: MM has been in charge of our club since jan/feb of this year and during this time we have had four managers (3 of which he has picked himself). We need some stability within our management structure and quickly but with MM obviously (from his time at pompey and his brief spell here) not afraid to 'hire and fire' if results aren't going right, then how long before the boo- boys get their wish granted if megson doesn't get our team playing at its very best?

Allen lost his first game. I don't remember anyone wanting him out. We had more than 20 chances that day and looked something like a football team, as we did against Watford.

Archived