Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Charlton Post Match Wake

I'm guessing it said "Yea, I am being hypocritical in wanting Megson replaced already."

Nothing hypocritcal about it at all. I didn't want him in the first place. Nothing since has changed my views although I really don't care what happens. The season is already a major disappointment and if we got rid of Megson there's no reason to believe we'd get anyone better as replacement.

It's funny how Taggart was on Radio Leicester every weak spouting his mouth off about how he could do so much better. Come on Gerry, let's see it then.

Successful team building can't done overnight. Even a genius like Martin O'Neill took 12 weeks to turn things round. For a new manager to come in and create a succesful team with a squad of City's size and signed by the world and his wife is a nigh impossible job. This is going to take longer than Mandaric will be prepared to stomach.

Megson will probably be shown the door after signing yet more players and the next poor sod's job will be even more difficult. I know it's going over old ground but it shows the rank stupidity of removing Martin Allen.

Successful team building can't done overnight. Even a genius like Martin O'Neill took 12 weeks to turn things round. For a new manager to come in and create a succesful team with a squad of City's size and signed by the world and his wife is a nigh impossible job. This is going to take longer than Mandaric will be prepared to stomach.

Megson will probably be shown the door after signing yet more players and the next poor sod's job will be even more difficult. I know it's going over old ground but it shows the rank stupidity of removing Martin Allen.

Yeh i know. My frustration got the better of me. :thumbup:

The close season was the time for the team building but just when the doors and windows were set to be installed MM removed the site foreman. Now the site is starting to look neglected and major repairs are vital if the considerable investment is to be protected. I really feel for MM right now. He should be sitting in the stands enjoying his football.

The close season was the time for the team building but just when the doors and windows were set to be installed MM removed the site foreman. Now the site is starting to look neglected and major repairs are vital if the considerable investment is to be protected. I really feel for MM right now. He should be sitting in the stands enjoying his football.

Preferably chained to his seat so that he can't keep meddling.

Nothing hypocritcal about it at all. I didn't want him in the first place. Nothing since has changed my views although I really don't care what happens. The season is already a major disappointment and if we got rid of Megson there's no reason to believe we'd get anyone better as replacement.

Whether you wanted him or not is irrelevant to the fact that you lambast Mandaric for ridding the club of one manager too soon but wanting the replacement sacked forthwith - therein lies the hypocrisy.

Whether you wanted him or not is irrelevant to the fact that you lambast Mandaric for ridding the club of one manager too soon but wanting the replacement sacked forthwith - therein lies the hypocrisy.

I thought I'd made it clear. I don't give a shit whether he's sacked or not. I have completely lost faith in what passes for decision making at Leicester and see little point in sacking someone if the replacement is no more exciting.

Soon it'll be halfway through the season and we will be flirting with the relegation zone.

The situation is dead on its feet. No-one has support for Megson - it ain't gonna work!

I can't believe all the optimism at the start of the season....and now this.

Already looking towards next season. :rolleyes:

Megson out

Shambles. We're looking at shambles.

Someone got some glue, surely?

What a load of testicles.

On the plus side, we couldn't seriously have expected to have beaten a freshly relegated side... no matter how fooking shite they were to get relegated.

If they'd have played Paddy Bombscare at the back, we'd have been in with a shout perhaps.

2-0 doesn't look too good on paper... it doesn't sound any cleverer having read the post mortem. :ermm:

Still... onwards and upwards. We can't get much lower in the league than we are already. The only way is up! :dance:

I just hope Megson learns from some his apparent mistakes... the changing of defenders for defenders when you're chasing a game is questionable, to say the least. I thought this guy had been there, seen it and done it before... so why do some of his decisions smack of Kellyesque inexperience and cluelessness? :blink:

I'm sure we've seen a RB playing at CM before... :whistle:

What a load of testicles.

On the plus side, we couldn't seriously have expected to have beaten a freshly relegated side... no matter how fooking shite they were to get relegated.

If they'd have played Paddy Bombscare at the back, we'd have been in with a shout perhaps.

2-0 doesn't look too good on paper... it doesn't sound any cleverer having read the post mortem. :ermm:

Still... onwards and upwards. We can't get much lower in the league than we are already. The only way is up! :dance:

I just hope Megson learns from some his apparent mistakes... the changing of defenders for defenders when you're chasing a game is questionable, to say the least. I thought this guy had been there, seen it and done it before... so why do some of his decisions smack of Kellyesque inexperience and cluelessness? :blink:

I'm sure we've seen a RB playing at CM before... :whistle:

Surely you haven't forgotten that Watford were also relegated.

Oh. Dear.

Today we were outclassed in every area of the pitch, including the fans!

The Sheehan - Mattock combination was a total liability, neither was aware of where the other was!

The defence totally went walkies for both goals, though I need to see them again - they just looked like balls which we should have cleared easily. Plus Sheehan shouldnt have let the cross in the box in the first place.

Fryatt was useless, Cort was totally useless. Players out of position all over the park. No off the ball movement

Woeful is the only word I can think of. We were extremely lucky not to lose by more.

On an aside, an excellent day out in London town with the FT away day crewe, again. And Derby got stuffed. All is not lost.

MEGSON - get your arse in gear, I wont be paying to watch that week in week out. That team selection and the sub selection was an absolute joke.

I'll be interested to hear if Hullfox is still impressed.

Why the endless snipes at poor moi?

Yes, I am still impressed. I'm impressed with the bigger picture, not the ninety minutes today.

I'm very impressed.

It's impressive.

Happy?

We were actually shit. Very fooking poor. I was willing to give Megson a chance before today's game, but that dreadful performance and uninispiring team selection has led me to believe we'll only go backwards under his leadership. It was just like watching a Rob fooking Kelly away team. I'm not saying it's time for Megson to be sacked, but I'll be at the meeting on Thursday with Milan to let him know exactly what I think of his managerial choice. Pathetic.

It was a terrible performance today that lacked any fight which was worrying. We battled well at Florist in the second half and did the same at Palace but today was a non-event.

Looking forward, we have two home games after the Villa cup match against two decent sides in Stoke and especially Wolves and we can put things right with getting two wins in these games. I`ll remain on the optimistic bus but I cant suffer too many days like today.

absolutely right... but it doesn't fill you with hope that such a renaissance will happen when you see a manager with prem experience, 2-0 down, remove both his set piece experts, doesn't he read the mercury, where sheehan explains how he and hume are taking that responsibility... yet they're taken off...

it's all a it of a mess, i don't remember MON doing any of the bizarre things megson has done...

but as i've said elsewhere, i think MM is already scouting for a replacement, with GM being a very sackable stop-gap.

Oh dear oh dear.. same old Leicester :cry: Hate to be pesimistic but... as games keep going by I get the sneaking suspision that this seasons going to be similar to the last one.. :(

Yes I agree.. BUT we haven't had a season for a long time where we've finished spot on in mid-table have we? Plus, if we're contemplating the play-offs, then even the law of averages says that one day we're going to fail to make it to the Wembley Final. Doesn't bode well at all does it really considering the law of averages? :unsure:

Archived