Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

Prefer Leicester to go down to be honest, hear me out

It surely cannot be any worse than the Championship. The quality has really suffered in the last 3 or 4 seasons - on a par with our performances you could say.

Seriously, the football is dire. It can't get any worse.

This season even more so. That's why it's so tight - everyone is crap. Not one team stands out.

I can believe it. Bristol City looked tidy but decidedly unexceptional last season, and look at where they are now. Still, it isn't just a question of poor teams, there's a serious lack of quality players at this level too. In the last couple of years they've been two teams going up on the strength of one player alone (Southend and S****horpe) and coming straight back down, that's how much talent shines out at this level.

A player like Ian Hume for example would be head and shoulders above his peers in League One.

With many catastrophes come some reward.

Massive clear out, bring in the young and players who want play for the club.

The great fire of London cleared all the diseased riddle houses.

Coventry was flattened by the Natzis and they replaced it with.err.... a bigger shite hole

With many catastrophes come some reward.

Massive clear out, bring in the young and players who want play for the club.

The great fire of London cleared all the diseased riddle houses.

Coventry was flattened by the Natzis and they replaced it with.err.... a bigger shite hole

Restructuring like that takes a good manager and an owner with patience though, two things which Leicester don't have.

There's no way going down would be goor for us.

1. Money- The stadium would probably only bring in 17-20k a week I think to begin with and this is never good for the gate receipts. Plus there's a lot less money flying around in League One anyway. It's just not going to be good for us financially.

2. Players- Will leave, and we probably won't be able to keep hold of our "better" ones (yes, we do have them).

3. The football is of a very similar standard to the Championship bar a couple of teams such as West Brom who actually play football. Who's to say we'll bounce straight back? Forest haven't and they've struggled.

It won't be good for us. And I, as well as 95% of our fans will be distraught if it happens.

I don't know how anyone can think going down will be good for you. League 1 is a very tough division, the football isn't pretty, teams raise their game against you, and there is no guarantee you will bounce straight back if you do go down. On top of this your budget will suffer massively and you will struggle to recruit players. Fair enough you may need a clearout, but believe me we've been there and I do not under any circumstance want to go back. Staying up would be massively important for both us and you.
Hello, Nottingham Forest fan in peace. There is no way in which relegation would be a good thing for Leicester; the football in League One is very poor, there is a significant financial shortfall, you're in direct competition with Championship and Premiership clubs for the few decent signings which are available and every team in the division will raise their game against you. I know it's comforting to dress relegation up as a blessing in disguise, but the examples of Forest and Wednesday (and, with any luck, Leeds) indicates that it's the opposite.

Anyone who thinks going down will be good for us is a little deluded.

Anyone who thinks we will automatically start winning games and gain promotion immediately needs locking up.

Also,think about the workers at ground level at LCFC...some may have to lose their jobs due to relegation.

They love the club as much as any other fan,and they have families to support.

We often forget the common folk at LCFC.

I couldnt give 2 fcuks about the players,but i do care about the girl in the ticket office,the bloke in reception,the guy who helps sorts out the programme etc....

Anyone who thinks going down will be good for us is a little deluded.

Anyone who thinks we will automatically start winning games and gain promotion immediately needs locking up.

Also,think about the workers at ground level at LCFC...some may have to lose their jobs due to relegation.

They love the club as much as any other fan,and they have families to support.

We often forget the common folk at LCFC.

I couldnt give 2 fcuks about the players,but i do care about the girl in the ticket office,the bloke in reception,the guy who helps sorts out the programme etc....

:appl:

wait until the fixture list comes out

THEN tell me that relegation would be a good thing :frusty:

Sod, the fixture list, we already know what that will be... it's the squad list that will be the most depressing thing.

>_<

To think going down would be good for us is absurd. A few years ago when Forest were on the brink I remember reading a piece in one of the papers written by a Sheff Weds fan to Forest fans - it sent a chill down my spine (we weren't doing too well ourselves). The article talked about percentage football, small crowds and just how shit it is in League One.

It's ironic that a Sheff Weds fan and Forest fan are on here warning us of bad it would be - both are speaking from experience and I would hope that what they say would make those fools that think League One would be good for us change their minds.

In fact I'm going to try and find that article.

It's not the exact article but the same forum post in a later article:

"Be prepared to suffer," a Sheffield Wednesday supporter posted on a Nottingham Forest website when the two-time European Cup winners were relegated to the third tier of English football. "Prepare for the constant whine of 'You're not famous any more.' Shake your heads in disbelief as you go down 3-0 to an away team that has brought under a thousand supporters. Watch percentage football being played by teams who can't pass. Weep at the memory of your legends. Weep for your children who won't see anything better for years to come."

tartan did you go last Saturday just out of curiosity?

No sadly I didn't go to the game on Saturday. Couldn't get a ticket in the away end due to being lazy/late with my application. Unlike some I didn't fancy going in the home end either. I decided to save the money because I spent a fortune in Blackpool the weekend before and I'm an extra 250 miles north of Sheffield, I didn't want to risk getting a kicking if/when we scored, and I would be able to listen to it safely in the comfort of my own home. I'm a bit gutted I didn't go but at the same time pleased at the result we got. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it as much sat in your end.

To think going down would be good for us is absurd. A few years ago when Forest were on the brink I remember reading a piece in one of the papers written by a Sheff Weds fan to Forest fans - it sent a chill down my spine (we weren't doing too well ourselves). The article talked about percentage football, small crowds and just how shit it is in League One.

It's ironic that a Sheff Weds fan and Forest fan are on here warning us of bad it would be - both are speaking from experience and I would hope that what they say would make those fools that think League One would be good for us change their minds.

In fact I'm going to try and find that article.

It's not the exact article but the same forum post in a later article:

That article is bang on. It is a horrible experience listening to the small town clubs taking the piss out of you whilst beating you on your own patch. It was made all the worse for me every game as I have a 5 hour journey home on top of it to mull it over! Relegation is never a good thing. I sincerely hope we don't experience it again. Good luck to yourselves for this Sunday but Wednesday staying up ahead of anyone else is of paramount importance to me.

We said exactly the same thing when we got relegated from the Premiership. And look where we are now couple of years later - On the brink of League One.

No sadly I didn't go to the game on Saturday. Couldn't get a ticket in the away end due to being lazy/late with my application. Unlike some I didn't fancy going in the home end either. I decided to save the money because I spent a fortune in Blackpool the weekend before and I'm an extra 250 miles north of Sheffield, I didn't want to risk getting a kicking if/when we scored, and I would be able to listen to it safely in the comfort of my own home. I'm a bit gutted I didn't go but at the same time pleased at the result we got. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it as much sat in your end.

That article is bang on. It is a horrible experience listening to the small town clubs taking the piss out of you whilst beating you on your own patch. It was made all the worse for me every game as I have a 5 hour journey home on top of it to mull it over! Relegation is never a good thing. I sincerely hope we don't experience it again. Good luck to yourselves for this Sunday but Wednesday staying up ahead of anyone else is of paramount importance to me.

I hope you crash and burn on Sunday and both Leicester and Southampton win and you lose to see Wednesday down!

After the fans came to our place and were so aggressive and abusive, I REALLY want you lot to go down so you can eat your own words!!!....... them being "that's why you're going down"

Archived