Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Player ratings

Just thought we could set up a BBC style player ratings system.

Not sure how difficult the programming would be but it would pretty cool if after each match we could all mark the players out of 10 in a centralised player list. Then we could see the average ratings for each player after every game and maybe even use these scores when looking at player of the month and stuff like that.

People can still note down their own ratings in the usual threads but I reckon it'd be interesting to get the Foxestalk consensus as it were...

Dunno if it's feasible but thought I'd stick it out there.

Not sure how difficult the programming would be but it would pretty cool if after each match we could all mark the players out of 10 in a centralised player list. Then we could see the average ratings for each player after every game and maybe even use these scores when looking at player of the month and stuff like that.

People can still note down their own ratings in the usual threads but I reckon it'd be interesting to get the Foxestalk consensus as it were...

That would be genius!

Easily ruined I imagine though?

That would be genius!

Easily ruined I imagine though?

Aye, would be brilliant, but as LD3 says, easily ruined. Nothing to stop CovScum comingon and giving all the players 1 out of ten each match :angry::angry: (though on recent results...)

A member used to have site set up for this, I can't remember their name but due to university commitments had to close it down.

http://www.league-ratings.co.uk/index.php

Don't remember which user was behind it... but that's the website.

Sheffield_Fox

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...&hl=Ratings

Perhaps if we contacted him he could let someone have access to it so it could be resurrected?

As far as the scores being ruined I really don't think that rival supporters would bother coming on JUST to give each player zero. I know some of them are morons but seriously, are they really THAT pathetic?

It could be ruined by our own fans I guess but then if enough people vote a large sample size will reduce the impact of these rogue votes... I would imagine it would be very popular so I doubt rogue voters would really have that much effect.

I think it's worth pursuing.

As far as the scores being ruined I really don't think that rival supporters would bother coming on JUST to give each player zero. I know some of them are morons but seriously, are they really THAT pathetic?

That's rhetorical, right?

It could be ruined by our own fans I guess but then if enough people vote a large sample size will reduce the impact of these rogue votes... I would imagine it would be very popular so I doubt rogue voters would really have that much effect.

I think it's worth pursuing.

Sheffield_fox maintained a significant interaction with the ratings system he devised. To that end, he would filter results he believed to be deliberately savage/generous, in the hope of keeping the ratings as clean as possible.

That's rhetorical, right?

:giggle:

Archived