Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

PS3 - Chipped

Nah not yet, next month i think.

It's the only reason i'd get a PS3 instead of a 360.

I might look into getting one of these contract phones where you get a free PS3, just for that game.

Those contracts are alright if you're already paying £30+ a month for your phone but otherwise they're just not worth it.

So I can't get pirated games/chipped console etc yet?

Arsefu ck.

Nah, its quite shite, but someone will find a way around it and chip the console...

Man is cleverer than machine!!

Well apart from Short Circuit (the movie) that machine was the bollocks....! :thumbup:

Those contracts are alright if you're already paying £30+ a month for your phone but otherwise they're just not worth it.

I probably pay 15-20 quid a month on pay as you go, so for an extra tenner i'd get loads more texts and probably minutes, and a PS3.

But you're right, if you hardly spending anything on your phone, theres not much point. But for an extran tenner i could probably justify it. I wont though lol !

Nah, its quite shite, but someone will find a way around it and chip the console...

Man is cleverer than machine!!

Well apart from Short Circuit (the movie) that machine was the bollocks....! :thumbup:

Short Circuit (blu Ray)

That's the dream gentlemen.

Nah not yet, next month i think.

It's the only reason i'd get a PS3 instead of a 360.

I might look into getting one of these contract phones where you get a free PS3, just for that game.

WHat type of game is MGS 4, is it a first person shooting game, role playing and how long will it take me to master the controls, seeing as I gave up on COD after half an hour?????

WHat type of game is MGS 4, is it a first person shooting game, role playing and how long will it take me to master the controls, seeing as I gave up on COD after half an hour?????

Metal Gear Solid is a 3rd person shooter - i thought a veteran like you Singh would know exactly what type of game this and its predecessors are!

The controls were never too bad for me on the old PS2 MGS2, but if you struggle with COD god help you! What do you do, shoot with the trigger and bloody run! lol

Like Rev says MGS4 is a must have, but most of them are on both consoles now anyway, it's not like the old days when you used to have to be a Mario or Sonic boy..... Now they are in the same bloody games..... ha ha

I used to be Mario.... But i have them in my pocket at all times now, because i have the emulators on my Nokia... nice when your on the bog at work... ha ha

Metal Gear Solid is a 3rd person shooter - i thought a veteran like you Singh would know exactly what type of game this and its predecessors are!

The controls were never too bad for me on the old PS2 MGS2, but if you struggle with COD god help you! What do you do, shoot with the trigger and bloody run! lol

Yes, if I go down i go down fighting!!! :whistle:

Seriously though, I don't get much time to play on my consoile, hence I get frustrated if I have to use more then 3 buttons on the keypad!!!

Like Rev says MGS4 is a must have, but most of them are on both consoles now anyway, it's not like the old days when you used to have to be a Mario or Sonic boy..... Now they are in the same bloody games..... ha ha

I used to be Mario.... But i have them in my pocket at all times now, because i have the emulators on my Nokia... nice when your on the bog at work... ha ha

Sonic all the way! lol

But yeh, your right, there are'nt a huge amount of console exclusive games anymore. I can think of two on each console (thats any good anyway) - MGS4 and Gran Turismo 5 on PS3 and Gears Of War/2 and Forza Motorsport on 360.

Yes, if I go down i go down fighting!!! :whistle:

Seriously though, I don't get much time to play on my consoile, hence I get frustrated if I have to use more then 3 buttons on the keypad!!!

Fcking part timer! lol

Are they any must have games for the PS3?

I quite like Resistance: Fall of Man, quite under-rated IMO and the online game play is a bit of a laugh, especially when you sniper someone, then you see them running round like a headless chicken looking for you, and you hear them on the BT headset "****ER, Where the fook are you" lol

And for around £25 can't really go wrong! :thumbup:

If anyone is unsure about XBox or PS3... just look at the controllers...

XBox - Batteries required and run out fairly quickly.

PS3 - Charged through the console itself so you can keep playing and lasts ages.

I could be wrong but I don't think that the XBox can run off the console.

Graphics are better on the PS3 too.

I quite like Resistance: Fall of Man, quite under-rated IMO and the online game play is a bit of a laugh, especially when you sniper someone, then you see them running round like a headless chicken looking for you, and you hear them on the BT headset "****ER, Where the fook are you" lol

And for around £25 can't really go wrong! :thumbup:

Thanks for the tip - I'll look out for it.

Quite enjoying Ratchett & Clank.

Thanks for the tip - I'll look out for it.

Quite enjoying Ratchett & Clank.

yeah Resistance: Fall of man is quite good for free online play.

In terms of single player games try Unchartered: Drake's Fortune. Thats been my favourite PS3 exclusive game so far by a mile.

Motorstorm is quite a laugh as well so long as you can pick it up for cheap - can get a bit repititve later on!

If anyone is unsure about XBox or PS3... just look at the controllers...

XBox - Batteries required and run out fairly quickly.

PS3 - Charged through the console itself so you can keep playing and lasts ages.

I could be wrong but I don't think that the XBox can run off the console.

Graphics are better on the PS3 too.

Or you could get USB batteries like me, and charge them when you arent using them. And you can get a play and charge kit for the 360.

The graphics are'nt better on the PS3 - quite the opposite. While game developers are continuing to get used to the PS3's hardware, 360's will be better. And a lot of game's are ported from the 360. So another myth dispelled.

PS3's will probably be better in a year or so when developers fully grasp the PS3's different hardware.

Or you could get USB batteries like me, and charge them when you arent using them. And you can get a play and charge kit for the 360.

The graphics are'nt better on the PS3 - quite the opposite. While game developers are continuing to get used to the PS3's hardware, 360's will be better. And a lot of game's are ported from the 360. So another myth dispelled.

PS3's will probably be better in a year or so when developers fully grasp the PS3's different hardware.

Oh OK... I just thought they looked better... I'll take your word though :)

Oh OK... I just thought they looked better... I'll take your word though :)

Dont get me wrong, its close, but the 360 is improving all the time too. Recently, theres been talk that games will continue to be developed for the 360 until 2012 - thats 4 more years, and goes to show that its nowhere near peaked really - they obviously feel a lot more can be done with it.

I'm not a fanboy by the way, i've had Playstations all my life, just giving a fair assessment.

Anyone trusting enough to do the following so that I can download everything they've already downloaded.... for FREE!

) Share your bought downloads

You can download anything you've bought from the store to five PlayStation 3s. This is useful if you've got more than one PS3 (of course) and also if you've wiped your hard-drive and don't fancy paying for the same download twice...

However, you can also choose to share your download with your mates. The PlayStation Store logs how many times each download has been downloaded by each user. On your mate's PS3 Create New User and log onto the store with your ID. You'll now be able to go to your download and see that you've already downloaded whatever it was that you paid for. You can now download it again, using another of your downloads and giving it to your mate for free. Or a small optional charge...

Anyone trusting enough to do the following so that I can download everything they've already downloaded.... for FREE!

) Share your bought downloads

You can download anything you've bought from the store to five PlayStation 3s. This is useful if you've got more than one PS3 (of course) and also if you've wiped your hard-drive and don't fancy paying for the same download twice...

However, you can also choose to share your download with your mates. The PlayStation Store logs how many times each download has been downloaded by each user. On your mate's PS3 Create New User and log onto the store with your ID. You'll now be able to go to your download and see that you've already downloaded whatever it was that you paid for. You can now download it again, using another of your downloads and giving it to your mate for free. Or a small optional charge...

Hey i can supply you with Crash Bandicoot 1.... classic!!!

Archived