Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

With the easiest draws and still never made it to a final, yep!

And in those four semi-finals, beaten twice by Pete Sampras (arguably the best tennis player of all time), Lleyton Hewitt (then ranked no.1) and Goran Ivanisevic (who subsequently went on to win the tournament).

Yeah actually you're right, those were easy ties.

Here here. he's retired and now we have Murray someone with real spirit and real passion.

Pity he'll be knocked out next round. :D

I'll still never forget when he said he hoped England lose in the world cup.

After that i said I will not support him, but i just can't help not.

And in those four semi-finals, beaten twice by Pete Sampras (arguably the best tennis player of all time), Lleyton Hewitt (then ranked no.1) and Goran Ivanisevic (who subsequently went on to win the tournament).

Yeah actually you're right, those were easy ties.

Gettin there was.

If henman had murrays passion and will he would have made it. Not saying he wasnt a good player he was. I just like murray's sprit and passion.

I'll still never forget when he said he hoped England lose in the world cup.

After that i said I will not support him, but i just can't help not.

]

Yeah but lets be fair, he's Scottish, why would he want England to win the world cup? lol

We'd be exactly the same if it was the other way round.

Henmans 3 times the player Murray will ever be, watch him get spooned by Nadal next round.

I'm sure alot of people were saying Murray was going to get dicked when he played Andy Roddick a few years ago. When it was Roddick who was meant to be the man challenging Fed on grass.

But im sure it was Murray who beat Roddick in straight sets.

I'm sure alot of people were saying Murray was going to get dicked when he played Andy Roddick a few years ago. When it was Roddick who was meant to be the man challenging Fed on grass.

But im sure it was Murray who beat Roddick in straight sets.

And he's beaten Federer too. That's a huge achievement in itself.

Classic sport. Murray showed all the intensity Henman never quite mustered and got the perfect reward for his doubtless painful investment in genuine fitness.

Seemingly impossible retrieves got into Gasquet's mind and made him make errors in trying to push his winners closer to the court boundaries.

And as the tide turned with those Murray "gets", the place must have felt increasingly like the Colisseum to the Frenchman who never recovered from his one big chance to serve the match out 3-0.

After years of being almost an irrelevence, tennis suddenly seemed worth watching again. Murray's not the new Nastyase or McEnroe but he is a genuiine personality and how the British game has missed having someone like that...a guy with the ability to take the crowd right into the game alongside him.

]

Yeah but lets be fair, he's Scottish, why would he want England to win the world cup? lol

We'd be exactly the same if it was the other way round.

Obviously if Scotland were in there too. But Only England were.

What he didn't realise was though, is the vast majority of his supporters are English.

Cant see him getting past Nadal though.

Nah me neither. Personally I think Nadal will win the whole tournament, but there's always a chance Murray can pull something off. Some of the tennis he played tonight was absolutely brilliant.