Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Classic sport. Murray showed all the intensity Henman never quite mustered and got the perfect reward for his doubtless painful investment in genuine fitness.

Seemingly impossible retrieves got into Gasquet's mind and made him make errors in trying to push his winners closer to the court boundaries.

And as the tide turned with those Murray "gets", the place must have felt increasingly like the Colisseum to the Frenchman who never recovered from his one big chance to serve the match out 3-0.

After years of being almost an irrelevence, tennis suddenly seemed worth watching again. Murray's not the new Nastyase or McEnroe but he is a genuiine personality and how the British game has missed having someone like that...a guy with the ability to take the crowd right into the game alongside him.

I love you.

Obviously if Scotland were in there too. But Only England were.

What he didn't realise was though, is the vast majority of his supporters are English.

The reason I'm not supporting him.

Slags us off then acts like wimbledon is his home tournament, getting and expecting our support when he said that.

Wimbledon's in ENGLAND, Scotland is not.

Nah me neither. Personally I think Nadal will win the whole tournament, but there's always a chance Murray can pull something off. Some of the tennis he played tonight was absolutely brilliant.

If Murray can keep his momentum then i wouldnt write him off

Slags us off then acts like wimbledon is his home tournament, getting and expecting our support when he said that.

I see you are very passionate about this Tommy.

Fairplay. :D

You don't have to like the bloke to enjoy the drama of a genuinely gutsy comeback. :D

Obviously if Scotland were in there too. But Only England were.

What he didn't realise was though, is the vast majority of his supporters are English.

I think he relises that now, hence the ongoing two year PR job he's been pulling since he came out with the World cup comment. Best recent example, revealing his 1/4 English (lol) the weekend before Wimbeldon starts.

As I've said before it doesn't matter to me, it's an Olympic sport so all entrants represent Great Britain so all this talk of England/Scotland, is irrelevant. Wanting Murray to win is the same as wanting Coulthard to win a Grand Prix, wanting the Curling team to win the gold medal at the Winter Olympics, or Colin Jackson the hurdles etc etc.

IF Murray were to beat Nadal there is an un-seeded player waiting for him in the semi's

It's a good chance for him to reach his first Grand Slam final. But I'm sure he's not counting his chickens too early.

Hopefully Nadal will have an off day, he's certainly due one. It'll be a tough match for Murray but anything is possible.

Nadal has to be faviourite but if Murray plays like he did today, anything is possible.
It's a good chance for him to reach his first Grand Slam final. But I'm sure he's not counting his chickens too early.

Hopefully Nadal will have an off day, he's certainly due one. It'll be a tough match for Murray but anything is possible.

The Murray vs Nadal match is second on Centre Court, after the Federer vs Ancic match. I'm not sure how much play we'll get today due to the forecast.

It'll be tough for Murray but anything is possible.

:mellow::giggle:

Anyone know what the weather is like??

Can't Believe is the third highest ranked player left in the draw, upsets a plenty this year.

According to the forecast, it should be OK at the moment with rain coming in a little later. ;)

Edited by SamL