Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BoneHead.

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III

When Lil' Wayne released the track, "Best Rapper Alive," everybody laughed at him for making such a ridiculous claim. Then, a few recording executives decided that Lil' Wayne was going to become the biggest rapper in the world. They got him a few ghost writers that do a half-ass job of putting together his rhymes ("I'm a venereal disease like a menstrual bleed"--what?!) and some terribly overproduced beats ... sadly, that's the recipe of success for pop hip-hop.

I can go on ripping on Lil' Wayne ... but at least he did do "Tha Block is Hot," so his canon isn't entirely composed of shit. That joint's nearly 10 years old, and I've still got to give him some credit for it.

When Lil' Wayne released the track, "Best Rapper Alive," everybody laughed at him for making such a ridiculous claim. Then, a few recording executives decided that Lil' Wayne was going to become the biggest rapper in the world. They got him a few ghost writers that do a half-ass job of putting together his rhymes ("I'm a venereal disease like a menstrual bleed"--what?!) and some terribly overproduced beats ... sadly, that's the recipe of success for pop hip-hop.

I can go on ripping on Lil' Wayne ... but at least he did do "Tha Block is Hot," so his canon isn't entirely composed of shit. That joint's nearly 10 years old, and I've still got to give him some credit for it.

:yawn:

:yawn:

which bit the fact that he uses Ghost Writers and doesn't write for himself on the fact "I'm a venereal disease like a menstrual bleed" is shockingly bad or maybe the fact it's a mass produced lowest common denominator version of Hip Hop?

personally I think you gotta look at Chuck D or possibly KRS One...

The best rapper isn't on a major label as the best are enjoying the underground..

NYOIL and Illogic are two up and comming rappers who are really on top of the game right now.

personally I think you gotta look at Chuck D or possibly KRS One...

The best rapper isn't on a major label as the best are enjoying the underground..

NYOIL and Illogic are two up and comming rappers who are really on top of the game right now.

Seems moe like a discussion on mainstream rappers as opposed to underground rappers.

Seems moe like a discussion on mainstream rappers as opposed to underground rappers.

Possibly but it was more a discussion on "Best Rapper Alive" which by nature must involve all rapper from Mainstream to Underground..

Possibly but it was more a discussion on "Best Rapper Alive" which by nature must involve all rapper from Mainstream to Underground..

Its best to put the two into categories these days, its pretty much two different styles of hiphop.

So i personally wouldnt compare a rapper from each style of hiphop.

Just me though.

Its best to put the two into categories these days, its pretty much two different styles of hiphop.

So i personally wouldnt compare a rapper from each style of hiphop.

Just me though.

Maybe but there's more of the underground starting to come into the mainstream, The Flobots underground album has been released through universal and MURS who has been proberly the biggest Underground rapper for years is signed a one album deal with a major company..

Plus MURS is proberly one of the best rappers alive hell he even has a t-shirt that says "MURS is better than your favourite rapper" (which I wear with pride)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just re-read this and couldnt help but laugh.

:D

Archived