Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Newcastle_Fox

Just Been Breathalysed! Me 1 - Police 0!

Just been out 2nite with my mates in Loughborough at Rileys playing snooker 2nite from 11 - 2am. Just as I left the multi storey car park the police pulled me up about 100 yds into my journey, they said they had suspicion to believe I had been drinking. So I had to go into their car and they made me do a breath test. I knew full well I was gonna pass it as I hadnt had a drink since last sunday night and I told them, they told me I had to do it or I would fail the test. So I did it and laughed so hard in my head when it turned green!! They then made me get my licence and checked that the car was mine and insured and taxed. They then said it was a cold night and that I shouldnt speed on the way home and that mine was a routine stop.

Thanks Leicestershire Constabulary that I wasted your time, when u could be catching proper criminals!! The feeling was so good when they asked me to do a breath test and I knew full well I hadnt had a drink since last weekend!!

Made my night now that!!!

Just been out 2nite with my mates in Loughborough at Rileys playing snooker 2nite from 11 - 2am. Just as I left the multi storey car park the police pulled me up about 100 yds into my journey, they said they had suspicion to believe I had been drinking. So I had to go into their car and they made me do a breath test. I knew full well I was gonna pass it as I hadnt had a drink since last sunday night and I told them, they told me I had to do it or I would fail the test. So I did it and laughed so hard in my head when it turned green!!  They then made me get my licence and checked that the car was mine and insured and taxed. They then said it was a cold night and that I shouldnt speed on the way home and that mine was a routine stop.

Thanks Leicestershire Constabulary that I wasted your time, when u could be catching proper criminals!! The feeling was so good when they asked me to do a breath test and I knew full well I hadnt had a drink since last weekend!!

90002[/snapback]

Don't be so hard on them Newcy, I'm sure families that have lost relatives to drunk drivers think they are proper criminals. There's plenty they stop that are over the limit and you had been in a drinking establishment for 3 hours so you were fair game. Well done for not drinking.

i would suspect they get a fair percentage of people over the limit at that time of day and if you'd of lost someone through a drunk driver you'd be grateful they were out checking.

having said that its alway a great feeling to get one over them especially when they're being all condesending; 'please step out of the car sir'

Yes but why stop someone and say it's because we suspect you have been drinking! - That's just a bollocks line, why not use the this is a routine test line?

Full credit to you though for going out and not drinking a drop.

They did the same thing to me in loughborough accused me allsorts including searching for drugs in my car. Once they breathalised me and had nothing they slightly menacingly informed it was an offence not to carry all my documents in the car, but they would let me off this time.

If they were nice about it and didnt treat you like a criminal then look really miffed when they have nothing on you they would probably be accepted for what they are doing.

Yes but think of all the drunken, violent arses they have to deal with (and that's only the 12 year olds), it would affect your attitude ;)

I can't really complain about the police though - I have been pulled over 4 times for speeding, but I was let off everytime.

90026[/snapback]

:rolleyes: chicks!

90029[/snapback]

I have the wide-eyed innocent look down to a tee now!

Yeh fair enough, agree they should be stopping more people but i was doing 30mph in a 30 and had hardly got anywhere when the big blue lights came on. My thoughts out to familys who have lost members of the family through drunk drivers, I strongly condemn drink driving. Though you could say better to pull a driver asap as you dont want to risk a drunk driver going further on in their journey and killing someone. At least pull me over if I was driving fast or weaving from lane to lane or follow me for a while to get some evidence. It was an great feeling to do a breath test knowing full well it was gonna be green, they then checked all my insurance and if i had any warrants out for my arrest. Then let me go.

Yeh fair enough, agree they should be stopping more people but i was doing 30mph in a 30 and had hardly got anywhere when the big blue lights came on.  My thoughts out to familys who have lost members of the family through drunk drivers, I strongly condone drink driving. Though you could say better to pull a driver asap as you dont want to risk a drunk driver going further on in their journey and  killing someone. At least pull me over if I was driving fast or weaving from lane to lane or follow me for a while to get some evidence. It was an great feeling to do a breath test knowing full well it was gonna be green, they then checked all my insurance and if i had any warrants out for my arrest. Then let me go.

90040[/snapback]

should of asked them to put a 50 quid bet on you being over the limit!

Then I expect they would have tried to do me for something else as I was cheeky. Probs would have got tire tread measurers and given the car an inspection to see if there was anything they could pull me for. Or they could have said i was unfit to drive or do me for speed or driving recklessly. Best to keep my gob shut and do everything they say! I should have asked for a bacon sandwich lol

Yeh fair enough, agree they should be stopping more people but i was doing 30mph in a 30 and had hardly got anywhere when the big blue lights came on.  My thoughts out to familys who have lost members of the family through drunk drivers, I strongly condone drink driving. Though you could say better to pull a driver asap as you dont want to risk a drunk driver going further on in their journey and  killing someone. At least pull me over if I was driving fast or weaving from lane to lane or follow me for a while to get some evidence. It was an great feeling to do a breath test knowing full well it was gonna be green, they then checked all my insurance and if i had any warrants out for my arrest. Then let me go.

90040[/snapback]

think you mean condemn mate but know what you're saying and fully agree with the sentiment!

90040[/snapback]

think you mean condemn mate but know what you're saying and fully agree with the sentiment!

90049[/snapback]

Gonna say the same thing :thumbup:

Don't really wanna be saying you condone drink driving!!

I got pulled over by the cops when i was 17, 2 weeks after I had passed my test. I coincidently had been playing snooker all day and was driving home with my mate when I accidentally clipped a curb on a round about. The cops swore their heads off at me saying "you youngness all take the piss out of us plus the F word about 10 times" they were adamant I had been drinking but for some reason took a lot of time to decide whether to breathalise me or not, I think they couldn't be arsed to do the paper work but after 15 mins of arguing between themselves decided to do it. When it turned green they suddenly turned a lot nicer giving me a lecture on how my car could have flipped over and caught on fire and my girl friend could have burnt to death in the front. Number 1 I was going 10 mph around a round about and number 2 My mate had long hair at the time and wasn't even female :rolleyes: Police :mad:

Just been out 2nite with my mates in Loughborough at Rileys playing snooker 2nite from 11 - 2am. Just as I left the multi storey car park the police pulled me up about 100 yds into my journey, they said they had suspicion to believe I had been drinking. So I had to go into their car and they made me do a breath test. I knew full well I was gonna pass it as I hadnt had a drink since last sunday night and I told them, they told me I had to do it or I would fail the test. So I did it and laughed so hard in my head when it turned green!!  They then made me get my licence and checked that the car was mine and insured and taxed. They then said it was a cold night and that I shouldnt speed on the way home and that mine was a routine stop.

90002[/snapback]

Facists

Two of my mates got arrested yesterday for playfighting, I agree with that, as they were wrestling on the road and being idiots, but after one minute of this the police came screeching up and nearly ran them over!! Then they told the rest of us to go away and after waiting for them for about 15 minutes, freezing! they said they were taking them away (didn't say where) when they had been taken away me and the 1 remaining mate I was left with witnessed a full scale 'gang war' outside the Alliance and Leicester near the clock tower in the City Centre.

Now this went on for about 20 minutes before it got stopped while we were waiting for a taxi. And even then only one panda car turned up.

I appreciate that it was luck that they came across my two mates, but the police really should be patrolling the main areas and looking for REAL danger more. Because it was sparked by a race comment and anything could've happened.

They did the same thing to me in loughborough accused me allsorts including searching for drugs in my car.  Once they breathalised me and had nothing they slightly menacingly informed it was an offence not to carry all my documents in the car, but they would let me off this time.

90025[/snapback]

It's a bloody stupid idea to have all your documents in the car, if the car get's nicked then you lose the documents as well.

Since when has it been an offence not to carry the documents with you?? I'm sure that can't be right.

They did the same thing to me in loughborough accused me allsorts including searching for drugs in my car.  Once they breathalised me and had nothing they slightly menacingly informed it was an offence not to carry all my documents in the car, but they would let me off this time.

90025[/snapback]

It's a bloody stupid idea to have all your documents in the car, if the car get's nicked then you lose the documents as well.

Since when has it been an offence not to carry the documents with you?? I'm sure that can't be right.

90504[/snapback]

I thought you had 7 days to produce them at a Police station :blink:

Facists.

:mad:

90025[/snapback]

90504[/snapback]

I thought you had 7 days to produce them at a Police station :blink:

Facists.

90511[/snapback]

That was why he said he let me off, but then he also said he could pull over for no reason and go through my car without a warrant. But there you go, like i say they were well miffed they had nothing on me, must have been on a bonus scheme or something.

Archived