Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Wank Cup Injuries

Shit tin pot tournament. We are bigger than this, and if that makes me an arrogant ****, then so be it.

We should have just fielded a second string side and take the 5k fine and the slap on the wrist. Who cares. I don't wanna win this piss cup competition. And for those who ask me, will I go to Wembley if we reached it, the answer is no. I don't wanna blow up a fortune to go and watch us lift a meaningless cup in a half empty stadium due to the sheer inability of the other tin pot club who we will be facing to fill up their end of the ground.

It's bad enough hearing Max getting carried off in tears, but I'd be absolute livid if on of our key players i.e. Fryatt, Dyer etc sustained a nasty injury in our next game in this tin pot competition.

**** this.

Shit tin pot tournament. We are bigger than this, and if that makes me an arrogant ****, then so be it.

We should have just fielded a second string side and take the 5k fine and the slap on the wrist. Who cares. I don't wanna win this piss cup competition. And for those who ask me, will I go to Wembley if we reached it, the answer is no. I don't wanna blow up a fortune to go and watch us lift a meaningless cup in a half empty stadium due to the sheer inability of the other tin pot club who we will be facing to fill up their end of the ground.

It's bad enough hearing Max getting carried off in tears, but I'd be absolute livid if on of our key players i.e. Fryatt, Dyer etc sustained a nasty injury in our next game in this tin pot competition.

**** this.

Think of it like a punishment for our relegation :ph34r:

Its part of playing in the lower leagues. You've got to remember that many teams have been living down here for most of their lives (and will probably be carring on their existence with no hope of bigger and better things). For them, such a competition is their only realistic chance of a trip to the promised land that is WEM-BER-LEY, and lifting some silverware proudly donated by Elizabeth Duke!

Once we get our "bigger than this" backsides back to the championship, we'll probably look back on this with fond memories.

Oh how we'll laugh :innocent:

We're not too big for League One. We deserved to be down here due to our sheer inability to win games.

The JPT is something else - It's equivalent to Man Utd and Arsenal fielding a reserve team in the Carling Cup because they have bigger fish to fry. In our case, the bigger fish is promotion.

For Pearson, this competition could be seen as a positive thing. It's good for him to see what other players can do, fringe players such as Adams, Weso etc who are pushing for that first team place testing them against opposition who are at a similar league level to us.

I personally want us to do as well as possible, and I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least reach the semi-finals. The chance to win silverware, however meaningless, doesn't come around very often for us.

With the squad we have, larger than most in this league, we should be able to withstand a couple of injuries.

It's not large enough to prevent league games being postponed for potential international call ups. :angry:

We're not too big for League One. We deserved to be down here due to our sheer inability to win games.

The JPT is something else - It's equivalent to Man Utd and Arsenal fielding a reserve team in the Carling Cup because they have bigger fish to fry. In our case, the bigger fish is promotion.

And look what the Arsenal schoolboys did last night! They see the CC as an oppertunity to bring through their youth side and give other bench warming players the oppertunity to dust off the cobwebs with some much needed match time.

If we have such a large squad (in comparison to our competitors) lets have some of the same. With limited reserve games this season, a prolonged run in a cup could help develop our whole squad.

But Joe, it's hardly bragging material. Imagine bragging to Coventry fans about going to Wembley - they'd laugh right in our faces. This competition is good for clubs who have spent most of their lives in the lower leagues and their only chance for a trip to Wembley and trophy is via this tournament.

We are not too big for League One, but we are most certainly too big for the JPT.

And look what the Arsenal schoolboys did last night! They see the CC as an oppertunity to bring through their youth side and give other bench warming players the oppertunity to dust off the cobwebs with some much needed match time.

If we have such a large squad (in comparison to our competitors) lets have some of the same. With limited reserve games this season, a prolonged run in a cup could help develop our whole squad.

Well, I agree with you. Let's play our reserves and kids and take that 5k fine or whatever it is on the chin. The silly rue that 6 first teamers have to play is getting on my tits, quite frankly.

But Joe, it's hardly bragging material. Imagine bragging to Coventry fans about going to Wembley - they'd laugh right in our faces. This competition is good for clubs who have spent most of their lives in the lower leagues and their only chance for a trip to Wembley and trophy is via this tournament.

We are not too big for League One, but we are most certainly too big for the JPT.

I'm sure they're already laughing at us in our position anyway, so it makes little difference. lol

We deserve to be in League One like you say, but with this comes this competition unfortunately!

EDIT: I'd like to also add I disagree with the 6 first teamer rule also. Teams should be allowed to play this competition however they like.

I'm sure they're already laughing at us in our position anyway, so it makes little difference. lol

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you there :cry:

Shouldn't that makes us even more determined to win everything that's thrown at us and prove that we are in a place that we don't belong?

If we're not too big for League One, then tell me how we are too big for the JPT, which is a competition in which half of the teams are from League One.

As Joe said, we are in League One and with it comes the JPT unfortunately. It's something we have to take part of whether we like it or not. But what angers me is when our key players suffers from injuries because we are not allowed to field whatever team we wish.

Some of the premiership teams/fans think the Carling Cup isn't worth winning or bragging about.

A win at Wembley is a win ar Wembley.

Spurs are still, to this day, wanking over their CC win.

Apart from the top 4, the rest would give and arm and leg to win it. It means European football.

I'm curious about the bottom line: How much money is in it for City if they get to Wembley and also if they win the Cup? Also, how much, if any, of a profit do they make on weeknight home games with under 10,000 in the seats? Obviously this is less than what's at stake if they win promotion, but let's see a ledger sheet before we call this cup worthless.

This competition has brought a comical night out in Hartlepool and err......well thats it, missed last night.

All i'll say is that if we get to wembley, our 35,000 allocation will sell out within a week, then we'll see how wank this cup is.

This competition has brought a comical night out in Hartlepool and err......well thats it, missed last night.

All i'll say is that if we get to wembley, our 35,000 allocation will sell out within a week, then we'll see how wank this cup is.

Exactly.

Im sure if we get to Wembley most people who are moaning about this competition will all be up for going. And why not? Chance to go and watch Leicester at Wembley is amazing and something I will always remember. Even if it's only the JPT which yeah is a pretty dyer competition but we still get to go and watch City.

I want City to do well in everything League and Competition we are in and if needless injuries are picked up along the way then that's life. I'm sure alot of our players would love to get to Wembley as for some of them it will be there first of many chance's and for some it could be their last chance to play at Wembley.

I'm feeling two trips to Wembley anyway this year.

I predict this cup will become bigger than the carling cup and fa cup as you have to play 6 regular first team players, eventually there will be no english players left in the top 2 leagues and they will have no fans at those games as no one will want to watch a load of foreign bastards so league 1 will become the new premiership and the jpt will be bigger than any of that premiership nonsense.

Exactly.

Im sure if we get to Wembley most people who are moaning about this competition will all be up for going. And why not? Chance to go and watch Leicester at Wembley is amazing and something I will always remember. Even if it's only the JPT which yeah is a pretty dyer competition but we still get to go and watch City.

I want City to do well in everything League and Competition we are in and if needless injuries are picked up along the way then that's life. I'm sure alot of our players would love to get to Wembley as for some of them it will be there first of many chance's and for some it could be their last chance to play at Wembley.

I'm feeling two trips to Wembley anyway this year.

GO ON LLOYD!

Why?

What relevance has this got to anything?

This IS a twat of a tourno, it is totally and utterly fucking irrelevant to our only priority this season...and has now robbed us of one key player.

"Oh no Daggers....all cup competitions are good if we win in the final and all winning games build up a run of confidence"

Bollocks. Absolute abject bollocks. Anyone subscribing to this philosophy is a fucking retard.

lol Calm down missus. :giggle:

I actually think the JPT is perfect for us this season. We have a large squad and for players like Adams, Berner, Campbell and Wesolowski this is a chance to stake a claim without upsetting the balance of the league team. Injuries will happen. I don't think we've missed Mattock and on current form we won't miss Gradel either - but Adams has had a chance to get match-fit and may even have started on Saturday anyway.

As Joe said, we are in League One and with it comes the JPT unfortunately. It's something we have to take part of whether we like it or not. But what angers me is when our key players suffers from injuries because we are not allowed to field whatever team we wish.

Er, not quite - any cup competition in this country has to be entered via the relevant paperwork to the FA. Man Utd didn't enter the FA Cup a few years ago and I'm guessing that one of the considerations we entered the JTP was the bad press they received for being perceived as "too big" for that competition, and how we would be viewed if we did likewise. Given the free choice, someone at the club clearly doesn't think it's worthless. However, I do completely agree it's not top priority.

Archived