Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

What are the police for?

My next door neighbour has been burgled, I/we are guessing its theving gypos, my next door neighbour phoned the police up, and they basically said they wern't coming to help them, they gave them a number so they could claim on there insurance, my neighbour had to basically threaten the poilce to make them come and have a look at damage, give advice, take evidence, e.t.c, tell me what do the police do again. oh yeah there to bothered about people drinking a bottle of water at traffic lights :rolleyes:

Police :mad: - Why do we even bother? :rolleyes:

did you get the mirror today?

read the front page

if it wasnt for the police....

:unsure:

you have no arguement.

92872[/snapback]

No don't like The Mirror - Shit paper, I buy The Sun! :thumbup:

Anyway, don't know what your on about, explain....

A total waste of time - a surgeon in the next village to mine was attacked by thieves who broke into his house hit him over the head with a wrench and stole his subaru. It took the police 45 minutes to arrive at his house.

They are useless - good for inciting the crowds at a football match and catching speeding drivers.

A total waste of time - a surgeon in the next village to mine was attacked by thieves who broke into his house hit him over the head with a wrench and stole his subaru.  It took the police 45 minutes to arrive at his house.

They are useless - good for inciting the crowds at a football match and catching speeding drivers.

92878[/snapback]

And if the surgeon in the next village injured the attackers he'd be sent down :rolleyes:

A total waste of time - a surgeon in the next village to mine was attacked by thieves who broke into his house hit him over the head with a wrench and stole his subaru.  It took the police 45 minutes to arrive at his house.

92878[/snapback]

And if the surgeon in the next village injured the attackers he'd be sent down :rolleyes:

92882[/snapback]

that is true as theres no investigation work to do :rolleyes:

Yes lets get rid of all the Police and see how much better we'd be off by then...

There might be things I dont agree with that go on with the Police but to say they are useless etc is complete bollocks.

Yes lets get rid of all the Police and see how much better we'd be off by then...

There might be things I dont agree with that go on with the Police but to say they are useless etc is complete bollocks.

93113[/snapback]

Absolutely true and I for one would not want to have to wade in on a load of drunks on a Friday or Saturday night. :huh::unsure::ph34r::thumbup:;)

That said, it must also be true that the Police make life difficult for themselves in the way they deal with the Public. :thumbup:;)

93113[/snapback]

Absolutely true and I for one would not want to have to wade in on a load of drunks on a Friday or Saturday night. :huh::unsure::ph34r::thumbup:;)

That said, it must also be true that the Police make life difficult for themselves in the way they deal with the Public. :thumbup:;)

93116[/snapback]

Spot on my friend. The problem is its all got rather political and the police have had a shed load of restrictions, targets etc. placed on them which are either a nuisance or (worse) hindering them. Add to that the fact that they have ever dwindling resources and numbers with which to do the job and you can see why my dad left Leicestershire constabulary.

But you are right about the way some of the police deal with the public- some of them certainly dont help themselves. I know one police officer who wanted to be given a posting in a rough area cos 'that was where all the action was' :thumbdown: which is so not the atttitude to have.

As for the one who made the comment about fascists how many policemen and women do you know? Hmmm? I know a fair few who either were or still are in YOUR police force and none of them are fascists. :mad::angry::mad:

The rules are there, and the laws are there, but the police don't want to have to deal with it because it means filling in some paperwork. This is my own personal experience, after being pickpocketed, after reporting racists to the police at Filbert Street, and that's just the start of it.....

The rules are there, and the laws are there, but the police don't want to have to deal with it because it means filling in some paperwork.  This is my own personal experience, after being pickpocketed, after reporting racists to the police at Filbert Street, and that's just the start of it.....

93122[/snapback]

I accept that, and I am sorry that that happened to you. If I were you I would have made a complaint. But to then generalise and say that therefore all police are bad/incompetent/useless/lazy is, IMO wrong.

The rules are there, and the laws are there, but the police don't want to have to deal with it because it means filling in some paperwork.  This is my own personal experience, after being pickpocketed, after reporting racists to the police at Filbert Street, and that's just the start of it.....

93122[/snapback]

I accept that, and I am sorry that that happened to you. If I were you I would have made a complaint. But to then generalise and say that therefore all police are bad/incompetent/useless/lazy is, IMO wrong.

93128[/snapback]

My uncle was in CID, and he got shafted by his own force. He was a great copper as well, and he really enjoyed his job. I can see it from both sides, believe it or not!! :blink::ermm:

93122[/snapback]

93128[/snapback]

My uncle was in CID, and he got shafted by his own force. He was a great copper as well, and he really enjoyed his job. I can see it from both sides, believe it or not!! :blink::ermm:

93148[/snapback]

Thats fine but you did call them a 'waste of space' in an above post... :ermm::S

IMO facists.

I put my hand on a coppers shoulders once (it was to make the point clearer), I was visibly in shock after being thrown down some stairs by a bouncer, also slighty drunk.

You know what he said?

"Touch me again and I'll ****ing arrest you"

Cobbo was there, I cried after because the police just blindly backed up the bouncers, No justice, No justice I tell you!!!

And when I went into the police station to report it, as soon as I said 'I'd had a drink' it was like I was the criminal. The arrogance of the police in there was really something else, and guess what? It was about three months ago and I've heard nothing since.

IMO facists.

I put my hand on a coppers shoulders once (it was to make the point clearer), I was visibly in shock after being thrown down some stairs by a bouncer, also slighty drunk.

You know what he said?

Cobbo was there, I cried after because the police just blindly backed up the bouncers, No justice, No justice I tell you!!!

And when I went into the police station to report it, as soon as I said 'I'd had a drink' it was like I was the criminal. The arrogance of the police in there was really something else, and guess what? It was about three months ago and I've heard nothing since.

93152[/snapback]

Sounds like the policeman needs a good dusting down- did you get his ID number? Take it up with the Chief Constable of central division if it happened in the city centre, hes a decent bloke (I darent say anymore than that).

However I'm troubled that you're going to generalise to all of the policemen and women- how can you possibly say they're all fascists. This is truly beyond me. :( <_<

IMO facists.

You know what he said?

93152[/snapback]

Sounds like the policeman needs a good dusting down- did you get his ID number? Take it up with the Chief Constable of central division if it happened in the city centre, hes a decent bloke (I darent say anymore than that).

However I'm troubled that you're going to generalise to all of the policemen and women- how can you possibly say they're all fascists. This is truly beyond me. :( <_<

93161[/snapback]

Simon, I can see where you're coming from. But....

You keep countering every argument in this thread from people who have had bad experiences with individual policemen/women by saying that they should take the matter further by making an official complaint or speaking to somebody higher/more senior in the force. Why should we as civilised members of the public have to complain not once but twice to the police - firstly telling them about the crimes/incidents and secondly reporting it to somebody senior because the officer in question isn't doing his job properly??

It's all when and good saying there are avenues to pursue the matter, but when you have had experiences where the police have done **** all, why would you continue to put your faith in them??

Furthermore, when you have been in a confrontation with police officers (and you feel that they have handled the matter improperly), the last thing you want to do is take the matter to the next level when you're emotionally or physically drained as it is. Plus in all honesty the police will stick together and back their own officers, regardless of the merits of your case.

I have an anarchiac heart and have mixed feelings about the police. Living in an offical 'hole there is plenty of crime and I would appreciate a little more police presence in the streets perventing muggings, violent crime e.t.c (I've had kidz try to beat me up 6 times this year for money)

However, I don't think it is any of their business which substances I put into my body. It is my health and my life, I object to being told what to do. I don't appreciate being labelled an 'anti-scoial' thug just for being outside past dawn. Just because people are young does not mean anyone has the right to resrict their movements. That is why I am against ASBOS.

So I am basically in favour of a police force, but not doing the job they do in Britian today. They can continue stopping people who speed though, selfish murderers. :mad:

They can continue stopping people who speed though, selfish murderers. :mad:

93444[/snapback]

what? speeding isnt murder its not as if your killing anyone and even if u do which is totally wrong by the way its not on purpose.

i am against speeding but 90% of the population who speed are not selfish murderes ok pal.

Archived