Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

What are the police for?

The rules are there, and the laws are there, but the police don't want to have to deal with it because it means filling in some paperwork.  This is my own personal experience, after being pickpocketed, after reporting racists to the police at Filbert Street, and that's just the start of it.....

93122[/snapback]

Reminds me of an article I read written by a retuired policeman saying there should be less paperwork, because naturally many Policemen don't like filling in all the paperwork, and if there was less it'd mean more Policeman on the beat and the like.

Something along those lines.

And Ryan, sorry to hear about your Police/bouncer incident, but some policemen can be helpful.

Once on a night out on the town, if you will, my mate was in such a stage that he couldn't really walk, and went missing.

When ringing him, a policeman kindly answered, told us exactly where he was and then gave our gentleman friend his phone back and did no more.

I like that policeman :thumbup:

Lincolnshire police are generally alright, except they made a bit of a blunder when, in a Lincoln-Hull local derby, they locked a bunch of Hull fans in the bar part of the Barbican, a posh hotel in Lincoln, to avoid trouble on the streets, which they then proceeded to totally ransack, destroying all the fruit machines and till, and stealing all the alcohol and shit.

The rules are there, and the laws are there, but the police don't want to have to deal with it because it means filling in some paperwork.  This is my own personal experience, after being pickpocketed, after reporting racists to the police at Filbert Street, and that's just the start of it.....

93122[/snapback]

Reminds me of an article I read written by a retuired policeman saying there should be less paperwork, because naturally many Policemen don't like filling in all the paperwork, and if there was less it'd mean more Policeman on the beat and the like.

Something along those lines.

And Ryan, sorry to hear about your Police/bouncer incident, but some policemen can be helpful.

Once on a night out on the town, if you will, my mate was in such a stage that he couldn't really walk, and went missing.

When ringing him, a policeman kindly answered, told us exactly where he was and then gave our gentleman friend his phone back and did no more.

I like that policeman :thumbup:

Lincolnshire police are generally alright, except they made a bit of a blunder when, in a Lincoln-Hull local derby, they locked a bunch of Hull fans in the bar part of the Barbican, a posh hotel in Lincoln, to avoid trouble on the streets, which they then proceeded to totally ransack, destroying all the fruit machines and till, and stealing all the alcohol and shit.

93497[/snapback]

lol the boobs!!

IMO facists.

I put my hand on a coppers shoulders once (it was to make the point clearer), I was visibly in shock after being thrown down some stairs by a bouncer, also slighty drunk.

You know what he said?

"Touch me again and I'll ****ing arrest you"

Cobbo was there, I cried after because the police just blindly backed up the bouncers, No justice, No justice I tell you!!!

And when I went into the police station to report it, as soon as I said 'I'd had a drink' it was like I was the criminal. The arrogance of the police in there was really something else, and guess what? It was about three months ago and I've heard nothing since.

93152[/snapback]

Sounds like the policeman needs a good dusting down- did you get his ID number? Take it up with the Chief Constable of central division if it happened in the city centre, hes a decent bloke (I darent say anymore than that).

However I'm troubled that you're going to generalise to all of the policemen and women- how can you possibly say they're all fascists. This is truly beyond me. :( <_<

93161[/snapback]

Simon, I can see where you're coming from. But....

You keep countering every argument in this thread from people who have had bad experiences with individual policemen/women by saying that they should take the matter further by making an official complaint or speaking to somebody higher/more senior in the force. Why should we as civilised members of the public have to complain not once but twice to the police - firstly telling them about the crimes/incidents and secondly reporting it to somebody senior because the officer in question isn't doing his job properly??

It's all when and good saying there are avenues to pursue the matter, but when you have had experiences where the police have done **** all, why would you continue to put your faith in them??

Furthermore, when you have been in a confrontation with police officers (and you feel that they have handled the matter improperly), the last thing you want to do is take the matter to the next level when you're emotionally or physically drained as it is. Plus in all honesty the police will stick together and back their own officers, regardless of the merits of your case.

93374[/snapback]

No. I'm countering some of the arguments in the thread by saying I know officers who arent twats.

How do you expect these idiots to be taken to task if you dont complain about them? Hmm?

I know these things are emotionally challenging and draining; I wouldnt like to go through what some of the people in this thread have been through (but then if I did I admit I have the advantage of easily being able to reach people near the top) but unfortunately some people in this life dont do the jobs they're supposed to do and the only way to get any kind of resolution is to complain and fight, no matter how drained you are...

Unfortunately it's the way of life these days and the general public* are now reaping the consequences of the seeds of 'moaning’ that some of them sowed.

The more the public has complained about the fairness, success and quality of public bodies the more bureaucratic it has become and the less efficient it has become - a vicious circle. Add to this the litigation explosion that we are all sinking under and I might add paying for and you can see the end result. The average law abiding, middle-income families are paying the price.

As someone who has recently gone from working in private industry to working for the local council I can certainly vouch for it. It costs £20 quid to spend a £5 of public money.

A side effect of this is to ‘piss off’ those that have to deal with all this bureaucratic mumbo jumbo, although granted some of it is valid.

This is one of the main reasons why education, policing and the NHS are failing, something eventually will have to give, I don’t know what as I don’t posses a crystal ball, if it doesn’t the whole country, with a rising population and an ever increasing bureaucratic culture will grind to halt.

The nightmare scenario of suing yourselves for something you’ve done to our self springs to mind. ;)

PS I guess even all that doesn’t excuse the rotten apple you get in every barrel be it the police, prison warden, politician, doctor, religious head etc but they are everywhere as they reflect society not just the police.

PS I guess even all that doesn’t excuse the rotten apple you get in every barrel be it the police, prison warden, politician, doctor, religious head etc but they are everywhere as they reflect society not just the police.

93514[/snapback]

I would like to buy into this argument, but my faith got hit further today when I learnt about that three policemen who effectively left a woman (a heroin addict though I am not sure that matters) to freeze to death on the Lincolnshire borders. Three rotten apples. I have difficulty imaging any of the other trades and professions or any sensible member of the Public could be so callous and uncaring. :thumbup:;):( <_<

93514[/snapback]

I would like to buy into this argument, but my faith got hit further today when I learnt about that three policemen who effectively left a woman (a heroin addict though I am not sure that matters) to freeze to death on the Lincolnshire borders. Three rotten apples. I have difficulty imaging any of the other trades and professions or any sensible member of the Public could be so callous and uncaring. :thumbup:;):( <_<

95389[/snapback]

You could be right Steven, but take the analogy a bit further - if you put a rotton apple to close to other apples for any length of time, without due scrutiny they will send the others bad. They are also, more than anyone likely to come into touch with more than their fair share of other rotten apples.

93514[/snapback]

95389[/snapback]

I don't <_< :(

93514[/snapback]

95389[/snapback]

You could be right Steven, but take the analogy a bit further - if you put a rotton apple to close to other apples for any length of time, without due scrutiny they will send the others bad. They are also, more than anyone likely to come into touch with more than their fair share of other rotten apples.

95391[/snapback]

Here is the link. It doesn't give me any pleasure and this decline in standards I think is because the Police have allowed themselves to get aligned to closely to Politicians and instead of being on the beat they spend too much time looking a video cameras.

93122[/snapback]

I accept that, and I am sorry that that happened to you. If I were you I would have made a complaint. But to then generalise and say that therefore all police are bad/incompetent/useless/lazy is, IMO wrong.

93128[/snapback]

My uncle was in CID, and he got shafted by his own force. He was a great copper as well, and he really enjoyed his job. I can see it from both sides, believe it or not!! :blink::ermm:

93148[/snapback]

Thats fine but you did call them a 'waste of space' in an above post... :ermm::S

93150[/snapback]

As a whole yes, they are a waste of space. I try to live my life as an honest, law-abiding citizen, but when I see people openly flounting the rules, with police officers watching who then do nothing, what else am I supposed to think.

My local police are useless there when you dont want them and not there when you do want them. I had to ring them 4 times the other week to get them to shut a party down at 3:30 in the morning. the last call I done on my mobile told them I had just left the party and there was drug dealing going on. that got them there eventually.

They can continue stopping people who speed though, selfish murderers. :mad:

93444[/snapback]

what? speeding isnt murder its not as if your killing anyone and even if u do which is totally wrong by the way its not on purpose.

i am against speeding but 90% of the population who speed are not selfish murderes ok pal.

93479[/snapback]

Ummm I see your point. But speed limits are therfore a reason and speeding DOES kill and by going over the limit you are putting somebodies life at an unnessicarry risk. I don't understand why people don't think this needs policing?

Im thinking of joining the force when i leave uni!!

and i think some of the bad press they keep getting is out of order, at times they do a good job and it goes unoticed.

96171[/snapback]

why are you doing fish then? :huh:

Im thinking of joining the force when i leave uni!!

and i think some of the bad press they keep getting is out of order, at times they do a good job and it goes unoticed.

96171[/snapback]

why are you doing fish then? :huh:

96210[/snapback]

Its compliacated and a very long story i always wanted to do 'fish' since was at primary school and i suppose my dream came true but after all that its not really what i want.

I want to do something that will help others such as the police or fire service (but unlikly cos of my poor eyesight :mad: )

Archived