Daggers Posted 25 October 2008 Posted 25 October 2008 i think Fryatt will look a better player if hes playing alongside Hayles or Dickov Sometimes I worry for the future of humanity. You seriously think this? Jebus!
Wezleylowski Posted 25 October 2008 Posted 25 October 2008 Sometimes I worry for the future of humanity. You seriously think this? Jebus!
Tommeh Posted 25 October 2008 Posted 25 October 2008 I just hope all you moaning cnuts are staying in Leicester Tuesday night and Boo, hiss and abuse the radio, because I'm sure the team don't need your "support"
Daggers Posted 25 October 2008 Posted 25 October 2008 I just hope all you moaning cnuts are staying in Leicester Tuesday night and Boo, hiss and abuse the radio, because I'm sure the team don't need your "support" I object to them sitting in abject silence for the other 88 minutes rather than booing for the other two. I can understand the frustration, I just don't get why they think they can sit there and not take part. I don't see why they bother to ever come if they simply want to pay money to be entertained. If I wanted 100% certain entertainment in exchange for my money I'd pay some tart to wank me off over her tits, I wouldn't throw my money at the whores at Leicester City FC.
davieG Posted 25 October 2008 Posted 25 October 2008 I object to them sitting in abject silence for the other 88 minutes rather than booing for the other two.I can understand the frustration, I just don't get why they think they can sit there and not take part. I don't see why they bother to ever come if they simply want to pay money to be entertained. If I wanted 100% certain entertainment in exchange for my money I'd pay some tart to wank me off over her tits, I wouldn't throw my money at the whores at Leicester City FC. But could they make it last for 90 minutes or would they for £23.
Daggers Posted 25 October 2008 Posted 25 October 2008 But could they make it last for 90 minutes or would they for £23. If you seriously want me to carry out an investigation I'll need a letter addressed to the wife, just so's I can go asking...
davieG Posted 25 October 2008 Posted 25 October 2008 If you seriously want me to carry out an investigation I'll need a letter addressed to the wife, just so's I can go asking... A French letter wouldn't that rather restrict the flow?
Thracian Posted 25 October 2008 Posted 25 October 2008 That is one of the most cretinous things I've ever read. How does Fryatt get the chances? It doesn't happen by coincidence. He doesn't happen to get in the right places. It's his movement that gets him there. Andy Cole missed a hatful of chances notoriously and was still signed for £7 million twice. The reason? Because he carried on scoring regardless. Some strikers miss loads of chances but score wherever they go because their movement is good enough to create chances for themselves. Other players wouldn't get into the positions that Fryatt does.The whole post is garbage from start to finish with a brief pause to praise the defence. Steve Howard was poor last season - get over it. I bet you're one of the morons who got on Mark de Vries' back at the start of last season. A de Vries-esque resurgence is taking place with Howard and your caged and inflexible attitude towards him helps no-one. The problem with Fryatt this season does not really concern his finishing - strikers all miss chances and go through barren spells. Trouble is while other strikers like Robbie Keane and Berbatov still offer other things when they're not scoring, Fryatt becomes a liability. He just doesn't compliment the players around him.
Isopen Posted 26 October 2008 Posted 26 October 2008 Howard is the worst striker I have ever seen in a Leicester shirt and it disgusts me every time I see him in one. How many years have you been watching? We don't we foxestalk folk provide a list that can really be called the worst striker (rather than this constant negative drivel aimed at Howard and Fryatt) My starter for 10 - Nathan Blake
Daggers Posted 26 October 2008 Posted 26 October 2008 We don't we foxestalk folk provide a list that can really be called the worst striker (rather than this constant negative drivel aimed at Howard and Fryatt)My starter for 10 - Nathan Blake What?
fox123 Posted 26 October 2008 Posted 26 October 2008 I think, that when back from injury DJ needs to play on a more regular basis to build his confidence up, once he starts scoring again we will be alot more dangerous up front with his pace, and personally that is what I think we are lacking, confidence and pace up front we can be confident of promotion!
Ultra Posted 26 October 2008 Posted 26 October 2008 Problem is, folk are a lot less tolerant towards DJ than they are towards Fryatt. That may have a lot to do with the price tag, but DJ when fit is a better player.
Thracian Posted 26 October 2008 Posted 26 October 2008 Problem is, folk are a lot less tolerant towards DJ than they are towards Fryatt.That may have a lot to do with the price tag, but DJ when fit is a better player. I agree and have always wondered why.
Guest ttfn Posted 26 October 2008 Posted 26 October 2008 I agree and have always wondered why. I disagree. Campbell is even worse than Fryatt in front of goal, and whenever he's played with Howard they've looked like total strangers. Howard and Fryatt have struck up a good partnership this season.
Munzie Posted 26 October 2008 Posted 26 October 2008 I think, that when back from injury DJ needs to play on a more regular basis to build his confidence up, once he starts scoring again we will be alot more dangerous up front with his pace, and personally that is what I think we are lacking, confidence and pace up front we can be confident of promotion! I agree with giving DJ a run in the team but how long will it take before he becomes the next target for abuse? He will need more than a couple of games to return to anywhere near the form he is capable of. It seems that as soon as a striker doesn't score in a game, it warrants a battering from the fans. Yes thay are paid to score goals but it's a team effort. Howard contributes more to the team play than Fryatt yet he's the one the gets the stick!?! As you say, DJ (& Dickov) could prove a welcome return from injury if Pearson is willing to experiment as he has done with his back four.
colbo68 Posted 26 October 2008 Posted 26 October 2008 Over the past three weeks, the following sentiments have emerged from many people:1) Fryatt is rubbish. Drop him. - Yes let's drop our top scorer and bring in a half-fit Dickov or Campbell who's disappeared off the face of the earth ala Elvis. 2) Nigel Pearson needs to go - I can not believe anybody said this. But some have. We are unbeaten in 8! It's the constant chopping and changing of managers that has got us in this state. 3) Kisnorbo is not as good as Hobbs - This has been proven to be balls in the last couple of week. Officially our second best performer last season and the most consistent performer in the squad since he went to centre back. Yet people get on his back about 'hoof-ball'. One of the best centre backs in the championship but for some, he is not good enough to get in a league one side as he is 'overrated'. Bollocks he is. Underrated if anything. The impatience and fickle nature of some people on this forum is absolutely flabberghasting. To my mind, the City faithful needs to be careful this season over being too patient. Last season the 'keep the faith' brigade were continually knocking those of us who were crying-out that the performances under Ollie were becoming progressively more dire, and look what happened in the end - relegation, humiliation at Stoke and Ollie left a broken-man. How many times did I read posts on this site that 'City are too good to go down'. We have no divine right this season to gain automatic promotion. however, we do have a right to analyse performances and, as fee-paying supporters, to make our voices heard. We are all City fans, myself for many years, and if I see a situation that concerns me I have the right to say so. Currently, I believe that Howard should be dropped because, apart from flick-ons (that dont seem to go to our players), he just does not score enough goals for a striker. and Fryatt, who seems to me to be a confidence player, is presently missing too many chances. This situation needs to be resolved or automatic promotion (which is what we all want) may not be achieved. The defence is solid, the midfield creative, but the stike pairing not good enough currently to win games. This is not a case of 'slagging-off' players, or 'gettin-on their backs', it is an opinion that I feel I must voice because I don't want to putting a post on here after Christmas saying I told you so
davieG Posted 26 October 2008 Posted 26 October 2008 To my mind, the City faithful needs to be careful this season over being too patient. Last season the 'keep the faith' brigade were continually knocking those of us who were crying-out that the performances under Ollie were becoming progressively more dire, and look what happened in the end - relegation, humiliation at Stoke and Ollie left a broken-man. How many times did I read posts on this site that 'City are too good to go down'.We have no divine right this season to gain automatic promotion. however, we do have a right to analyse performances and, as fee-paying supporters, to make our voices heard. We are all City fans, myself for many years, and if I see a situation that concerns me I have the right to say so. Currently, I believe that Howard should be dropped because, apart from flick-ons (that dont seem to go to our players), he just does not score enough goals for a striker. and Fryatt, who seems to me to be a confidence player, is presently missing too many chances. This situation needs to be resolved or automatic promotion (which is what we all want) may not be achieved. The defence is solid, the midfield creative, but the stike pairing not good enough currently to win games. This is not a case of 'slagging-off' players, or 'gettin-on their backs', it is an opinion that I feel I must voice because I don't want to putting a post on here after Christmas saying I told you so True there was a lot of support for Holloway even after we were relegated, not by me I might add but I don't recall any instances of people saying 'City are too good to go down' quite the opposite in fact. As for Fryatt and Howard I think many would would agree on both and even more on one or the other - the problem is we don't have any suitable/obvious replacements.
demon_dog Posted 26 October 2008 Posted 26 October 2008 True there was a lot of support for Holloway even after we were relegated, not by me I might add but I don't recall any instances of people saying 'City are too good to go down' quite the opposite in fact.As for Fryatt and Howard I think many would would agree on both and even more on one or the other - the problem is we don't have any suitable/obvious replacements. Don't know why people get on Howards back, he does all he can to hold the ball up and trys to head the ball down to a waiting player. Many a time he has to do this with with opposition players pushing, shoving, shirt pulling at him. That is not an easy job. However, as I have been saying for some time, Fryatt is not and will not be the star striker many people want to see. It is now beggining to dawn on even the most ardent Fryatt fan that he is not the player they thought he was. His shooting is abysmal, he rarely looks up and lays the ball off to a better positioned player when homing in on goal. He lacks pace, is not a very good header of the ball, is downright selfish in the box. I could go on, but the more I think about his game the more annoyed I get. IMO let's line up a two decent strikers ready for the January transfer window and let Fryatt go. I say two because as we all know, we seem to be sadly lacking in this area at the moment with player injury. Also it adds to competition for places which helps to keep players sharp.
Munzie Posted 26 October 2008 Posted 26 October 2008 To my mind, the City faithful needs to be careful this season over being too patient. Last season the 'keep the faith' brigade were continually knocking those of us who were crying-out that the performances under Ollie were becoming progressively more dire, and look what happened in the end - relegation, humiliation at Stoke and Ollie left a broken-man. How many times did I read posts on this site that 'City are too good to go down'.We have no divine right this season to gain automatic promotion. however, we do have a right to analyse performances and, as fee-paying supporters, to make our voices heard. We are all City fans, myself for many years, and if I see a situation that concerns me I have the right to say so. Currently, I believe that Howard should be dropped because, apart from flick-ons (that dont seem to go to our players), he just does not score enough goals for a striker. and Fryatt, who seems to me to be a confidence player, is presently missing too many chances. This situation needs to be resolved or automatic promotion (which is what we all want) may not be achieved. The defence is solid, the midfield creative, but the stike pairing not good enough currently to win games. This is not a case of 'slagging-off' players, or 'gettin-on their backs', it is an opinion that I feel I must voice because I don't want to putting a post on here after Christmas saying I told you so I too believe that feedback and criticism are key improving. It needs to be done in the right way however. The ineffective option is to boo the player/team and think thats it, job done - I've made myself heard. What does the player/team learn from this? If I were to boo one of my underperforming staff at work, I doubt very much it would have the desired effect. Everyone has off days. As and when it happens, it is up to the supporting cast to help out. There are more effective methods and platforms to voice concern. Last Thursday, Pearson was willing to meet the fans and take questions - a prime oppertunity to give feedback & criticism. Hopefully, this will happen again. In the meantime, the OS has various contact details for the fans if we feel that need to raise an issue. We had a winning formula that now seems to be stuttering (not falling apart). Subtle tweaks are the key to improving. At no stage was I too uncomftable during Saturday's match, thinking that we were going to throw it away. Both teams had chances but we looked the stronger side, as we did mid-week. In relation to Howard, I too would like to see his flick-ons reach more blue shirts. A 4-3-3 line-up with him playing just behind his two colleagues might be more effective. Subtle tweaks will see us return to claiming all 3 points. It's a marathon not a sprint.
colbo68 Posted 26 October 2008 Posted 26 October 2008 True there was a lot of support for Holloway even after we were relegated, not by me I might add but I don't recall any instances of people saying 'City are too good to go down' quite the opposite in fact.As for Fryatt and Howard I think many would would agree on both and even more on one or the other - the problem is we don't have any suitable/obvious replacements. mmm dont agree with that at all - I believe it was the general malaise amongst the City faithful and the belief that 'things would be ok' that ultimately proved to be our undoing. I could see from about Feb onwards that we just werent playing well enough, (in spite of clawing one or two wins) under Ollie to be safe, but this feeling was not being reflected on this site until it was too late. I hope this doesn't happen again this season - we have the squad to go up this year, but MUST redress the problem of missed chances, as quickly as possible. To rely on Dickov and DJ for this would be folly - both are too injury prone - the transfer window is the time to spend decent money on an in-form striker (the fella at Bristol Rovers for example), to score the goals needed for promotion.
Ultra Posted 28 October 2008 Posted 28 October 2008 Don't know why people get on Howard's back, he does all he can to hold the ball up and tries to head the ball down to a waiting player.Many a time he has to do this with with opposition players pushing, shoving, shirt pulling at him. That is not an easy job. However, as I have been saying for some time, Fryatt is not and will not be the star striker many people want to see. It is now beginning to dawn on even the most ardent Fryatt fan that he is not the player they thought he was. His shooting is abysmal, he rarely looks up and lays the ball off to a better positioned player when homing in on goal. He lacks pace, is not a very good header of the ball, is downright selfish in the box. I could go on, but the more I think about his game the more annoyed I get. IMO let's line up a two decent strikers ready for the January transfer window and let Fryatt go. I say two because as we all know, we seem to be sadly lacking in this area at the moment with player injury. Also it adds to competition for places which helps to keep players sharp. There are plenty of strikers already at the club. Unfortunately too many of them are either out of form or unfit. Let's see where we are in January. Pearson may well have to wheel and deal to rebuild a promotion push.
The People's Hero Posted 28 October 2008 Posted 28 October 2008 I'm a half-full guy by nature - in fact, if you look at my gut you'll see I'm more than that. And yet it would take an optimist of lobotomised proportions to ignore our current dip in form.Fryatt has proved that when he slides, he plummets...and although I felt he was decent at Oldham he was nothing short of shocking today. My brother, a Cobblers fan, laughed so hard whenever he got the ball (although his loudest belly laugh was saved for King's "shot" at the Family End). Pearson either has given up on anyone outside the first XI or he is starting to exhibit a paucity of tactical nouse - today was a prime example of someone unable to rouse a team or make key changes. Our performances this season haven't been gripping, our players have ceased to play with bollocks and we look suspect to any team who come at us - this isn't a reason for daft whining...but reasoned criticism should be expected and to demand blind faith and optimism is nothing short of nonsense. Look everybody, there is someone talking sense over here!
Father Ted Posted 28 October 2008 Posted 28 October 2008 A bit like you and Martin then Honestly tell me who could do a better job than Howard in that role? What annoys me with Martin is that we have an established and experienced better player sitting every week on the bench!
Jimmy Posted 28 October 2008 Posted 28 October 2008 Honestly tell me who could do a better job than Howard in that role? What annoys me with Martin is that we have an established and experienced better player sitting every week on the bench! Hendo has made a career of being the back up
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.