Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

GAME OF THE YEAR 2008?

Right. You know Legend, that I'm an xbox man.

BUT I am seriously considering getting a PS3 just for MGS4, as I was (and am) a massive fan of the series. But what you say there - I thought MGS4 was the PS3's blockbusterr title, but it seems that's not the case. I love Dead Space, but if its better than MGS4 then i'd be extremely disappointed.

Also, just tio add, I bought sometthing which came with a PS3 Fallout 3 so if anyones interested, hit me up, its used by the way.

How much?

Right. You know Legend, that I'm an xbox man.

BUT I am seriously considering getting a PS3 just for MGS4, as I was (and am) a massive fan of the series. But what you say there - I thought MGS4 was the PS3's blockbusterr title, but it seems that's not the case. I love Dead Space, but if its better than MGS4 then i'd be extremely disappointed.

Also, just tio add, I bought sometthing which came with a PS3 Fallout 3 so if anyones interested, hit me up, its used by the way.

Matey...

Like balls is it better than MGS4. Trust me. MGS4 is one of the greatest games in recent years, even despite all the scenes etc.

Just epic.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Make me an offer sir. I'm not lookin to profit on it or anythin, I know its fairly cheap in like GAME, just wana get my money back for it.

If you take your copy of Fallout 3 into GAME, they'll give you 21 quid for it. That was the trade-in price last Friday anyway.

As for MGS4, yes it is extremely good, but that's partly down to the back of the success of the other 3. What sets Dead Space apart from the rest, is that it's original, and a great start to what should hopefully be a great series of games.

As a PS3 exclusive, I suppose MGS4 is the best title available. Killzone 2 may change that next year though. And FFXIII, until the 360 version is released.

:frusty: AAAARRRRGGHHHH... It was released LAST year!!!! You may have bought it this year!!! :rolleyes:

Yea so, why cant a game that that got released last year not be able to be the game of this year?

It beats anything this year has had to offer on the multiplayer side.

Matey...

Like balls is it better than MGS4. Trust me. MGS4 is one of the greatest games in recent years, even despite all the scenes etc.

Just epic.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

mgs4 was 1 of the best game ive ever played, graphics were amazing, and if your a proper mgs fan then the scenes are a must!, wouldnt be the same!

Yea so, why cant a game that that got released last year not be able to be the game of this year?

It beats anything this year has had to offer on the multiplayer side.

Well then... It's got to be Half-Life 2 (2005)! Still the best FPS EVER!!!! :rolleyes:

But this year I'm torn between Mario Kart or Smash Bros. .... (But GTA IV is out on PC now so I'll give that a go soon!)

mgs4 was 1 of the best game ive ever played watched, graphics were amazing, and if your a proper mgs fan then the scenes are a must!, wouldnt be the same!

Fixed!

This is difficult. I reckon we should compile a list of contenders here in this thread, and then have a vote in another. Problem with the voting system though is that it will suit neither 360 or ps3 users alike. Therefore, this needs to be a multiplatformer game of the year thread to be fair.

If this is the case though, for me, it's Dead Space all the way. Dead Space, followed by GTA.

PS3 exclusives, such as LBP, MGS4, Resistance 2, all great - but I still think Dead Space tops them all. Seriously.

As for flop of the year, that goes to Far Cry 2.

i was gonna do that! ill find away for it to be fair lol

Fixed!

get out lol

The more i play Fallout 3, the more i love it.

Everything about it is fantastic - the story. This is my first Fallout, and it just seems so original, it really is a brilliantly creative story, The pip-boy is a fantastic thing. Speech. The choices - theres sooo many, its just brilliant. When i bought it, i knew it would be good, but i didnt expect it to be as good as it is. It is on a par with Gears 2 in my opinion. I actually think its better.

• 2 weeks later...
Dead Space, MGS4, Fallout 3, Resistance 2. In that order.

Next year it'll be...

God of War 3, FFXIII, Killzone 2, Resi Evil 5 in that order!

Killzone 2 and Resi ahead of FFXIII. :)

Speaking of God of War 3, have you seen the new trailer?

Archived