Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Gradel

You guys are blinkered! i know i am going to get slated for this but this guy is awful.

Has no football brain and cant beat a player on the wing, calls for him to replace dyer is crazy.

Agreed Dyer not performing to the highest ability, however Gradel cannot replace him. The answer is either bring in a replacement or stick with Dyer and hope he turns it round. Granted Gradel does give 100%

He proved his ability at this level for Bournemouth last season where he was exceptional at times. He's also shown flashes of brilliance for us early on. His record at youth and reserve level also indicates his natural ability. I do admit that it is time for him to stamp his authority though, I am guilty of hyping that lad up too much, but he does have the potential he really does.

Believe it or not I was actually speaking to Maxi on MSN the other night. Ask NSLL ;)

He said that he has JUST got back to playing - so that suggests he's been injured or something and we haven't known :dunno: He also said that he just needs us fans to be a bit more patient and the best is still to come. Also, his best mate is Andy King :thumbup: He wouldn't tell me any gossip though although we had a good chat ;)

I have spoken to him on a few occasions and the lad has had a lot of family problems that has meant he's been taken out of the firing line for several weeks. His aunty sadly passed away not long after she had taken responsibility to look after Maxi's brother and sister and that has meant he's had not only the upset of the bereavement but also the worry of who is going to look after his younger brother and sister in France. I think where as last season, he got his escape and release on the pitch at Bournemouth, at Leicester he lost confidence and it's probably been wise to let him get sorted.

Amusing interview with the lad on LCFC World. He reckons the pink boots aren't his choice, but down to his sponsorship with Nike.

I really hope he plays tomorrow night and finally delivers the end product he is capable of, if he get's a goal I think a lot more will follow as he really doesn't give a fook about the opposition and when he's confident he'll be dangerous.

Should start ahead of Lloyd tomorrow IMO, the left wing is where he belongs and Dyer could do with a rest.

Totally Agree!

Im fairly sure I read somewhere Gradel went home for Christmas. That would be why he wasn't in the squad for Peterbourgh, Leeds and Hereford. I could be well wrong though.

I love Maxi, I really want the lad to suceed, he has played well when coming on the last two fixtures. Hes playing so much better on the left as well I believe, Id definatley get him involved tonight. I wasn't there unfortunately but didn't he have a blinder against Crystal Palace at the Selhurst last time. Thinking of that I thought of this at the game at the Walkers and im pretty sure Warnock told his players to go out and outnumber him. Dyer was in plently of space the other side though.

Come on Maxi get it going tonight mate.

Also when we have played the 'better opposition', this is where Maxi has shown his class I believe.

Fulham Away is a great example. He was just urging to get on, then the boy delievered.

Also when we have played the 'better opposition', this is where Maxi has shown his class I believe.

Fulham Away is a great example. He was just urging to get on, then the boy delievered.

I agree.

And also agree that Lloyd should start on the bench, played most games this year so would be good to give him a rest.

Yes, he is one of our strongest players but its not really the end of the world if we dont win!

1-1 after 90 minutes.

Leicester to nick one late.

Come on the Blues! :chant:

I think he'll play. So much potential.

Don't know if anyone agrees with me, but, i have noticed that when he has acres of space infront of him to break, he tends to slow down, let the defender get back then try and beat him. An area of his game he could improve on to be more effective.

This seems like a really odd point at first, I re-read it and then cast my mind back - and yes I agree that is what he appears to do on occassions.

Maybe this is him not thinking quickly enough to react to the opportunity, or he's developed an habitual mindset; "I run down the wing with the ball, beat defenders, cross ball" ..... I think this is quite likely when you think about it - he's constantly told to do that in training and that is his job .... he's just looking to do it, without considering the alternatives quickly... Which may come with experience.

Really interesting observation though ... nice one!!

Im fairly sure I read somewhere Gradel went home for Christmas. That would be why he wasn't in the squad for Peterbourgh, Leeds and Hereford. I could be well wrong though.

I love Maxi, I really want the lad to suceed, he has played well when coming on the last two fixtures. Hes playing so much better on the left as well I believe, Id definatley get him involved tonight. I wasn't there unfortunately but didn't he have a blinder against Crystal Palace at the Selhurst last time. Thinking of that I thought of this at the game at the Walkers and im pretty sure Warnock told his players to go out and outnumber him. Dyer was in plently of space the other side though.

In the pre-season friendly he was immense and took the piss. That's a pre-season friendly though - hope he plays and has a good game tonight.

What he said.

Maxi's a good boy, he tries hard. He looked great against Birmingham (so did Levi) but since then, it hasn't really happened for him. We shouldn't play him on the right, Oakley has made that role his own, but Lloyd needs a break, so the left is the best option.

am i the only one who thinks gradel is over-rated then? don't get me wrong, he is a decent player with good potential but let's not get carried away, he hasn't really done a lot for US just yet... but i hope he does do well for us and he does have the potential to be a fantastic player

Archived