Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnigmaticFox

When are the Cup Final tickets going to go on sale?

Cup fever is gathering pace at Leicester City and manager Craig Levein is feeling it as much as anyone.

For some observers, the FA Cup might have lost some of its glamour.

But the Scot, having viewed it from afar until now, is relishing the prospect of Sunday's sixth-round clash at Blackburn.

Levein's ambition to be a Premiership boss has had to be put on hold this season but this touch of the big time is just what he wants.

He said: "I am really excited about it and so is everyone else around the club. It is a competition I have watched for years in Scotland and the magic is certainly still there for me.

"It is going to be a big occasion and one we are determined to make the most of if we can.

"In spite of our current league position, I can assure you the mood among the players is very, very positive.

"We have nothing to lose because everyone expects us to get beaten, but we go up there without any distractions and we will definitely give it a good try.''

The temptation to try to hold Rovers and earn a Walkers Stadium replay on Monday, March 21 is obvious as City seek a place in the semi-finals at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.

But Levein is set to use the approach that worked so well in the last round at Charlton - containment with as much possession as possible and then strike when you get the chance.

The man who made that plan pay off with a last-minute winner, Dion Dublin, is facing a race against time.

Having missed the last two games, Dublin is battling to recover from hamstring trouble.

He would be a valuable addition, either in defence where he had been playing very well until he was sidelined, or up front where he might be thought of as the vital spark to ignite the strike force.

Levein said: "Dion is touch and go. He has not trained fully this week and certainly needs a full session if he is to get into the reckoning.''

City will be backed by 7,000 fans and Ewood Park will be full of Cup tension.

And that is just the way Levein would want it.

Northampton 2-1 Leeds - After a humiliating 5-2 defeat the week before, the tables were turned as the Cobblers came away with a historic win on November 25th. An 87th minute Nicholas Bignall goal gave Town all three points and pushed them to a mid-table position.

I've cracked the code!

Cup fever is gathering pace at Leicester City and manager CraigLevein is feeling it as much as anyone.

For some observers, the FA Cup might have lost some of its glamour.

But the Scot, having viewed it from afar until now, is relishing the prospect of Sunday's sixth-round clash at Blackburn.

Levein's ambition to be a Premiership boss has had to be put on hold this season but this touch of the big time is just what he wants.

He said: "I am really excited about it and so is everyone else around the club. It is a competition I have watched for years in Scotland and the magic is certainly still there for me.

"It is going to be a big occasion and one we are determined to make the most of if we can.

"In spite of our current league position, I can assure you the mood among the players is very, very positive.

"We have nothing to lose because everyone expects us to get beaten, but we go up there without any distractions and we will definitely give it a good try.''

The temptation to try to hold Rovers and earn a Walkers Stadium replay on Monday, March 21 is obvious as City seek a place in the semi-finals at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.

But Levein is set to use the approach that worked so well in the last round at Charlton - containment with as much possession as possible and then strike when you get the chance.

The man who made that plan pay off with a last-minute winner, Dion Dublin, is facing a race against time.

Having missed the last two games, Dublin is battling to recover from hamstring trouble.

He would be a valuable addition, either in defence where he had been playing very well until he was sidelined, or up front where he might be thought of as the vital spark to ignite the strike force.

Levein said: "Dion is touch and go. He has not trained fully this week and certainly needs a full session if he is to get into the reckoning.''

City will be backed by 7,000 fans and Ewood Park will be full of Cup tension.

And that is just the way Levein would want it.

Oh, Christ...

...watched that one in at Nevada Smith's in New York City, a Sunday at 7:00 a.m., with four others--two idiot Rovers fans and two guys that had worked just finished an overnight shift and couldn't believe they found a place that was open and serving alcohol (and in violation of NYC law at that). After the game, on three or four occasions, I thanked the bartender and said I'd be on my way only to be told, "You sit right back down, I'm pouring you another one." Eventually enough was enough and I made my way back home, bumping to an old friend I hadn't seen in years on the subway. Upset about the loss and piss-drunk at noon on a Sunday, somehow I doubt my actions backed up my comments that life was going well. :P

Archived