Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OAFC

OLDHAM FAN HERE!

Dont know why your coming on here stirring the shit we should have killed you off it was just one of those days. Ive got it in for oldham a bit really because it was only up the road from me where Lee Hughes had his accident and I know people on this forum will say it has nothing to do with this game but Oldham are a disgrace giving this scumbag a contract and i hope they stay in league 1 forever.

I am well aware that Lee Hughes invokes this sort of reaction from people and not just football fans either.

I wasn't happy myself at the Idea of signing him but its not for me to judge or discuss.

I have just noticed your choice of words though which answers your own post really,"it was only up the road from me where Lee Hughes had his accident"

However I am here to have light banter and discuss the game, I don’t have a malicious intent behind any of my posts and if anyone feels offended by anything I am sorry.

By the way my dads bigger than yours!!! :)

OAFC, I thought your song for Ernie Cooksey was touching :thumbup:

Ernie Cooksey is a Legend in our eyes and those of the wider footballing community.

He gave 110 % every game and became the spirit of Oldham Fans on the pitch when the club nearly went into extinction.

Ernie died of Malignant Melanoma aged 28, he died five weeks before his Girlfriend was due to give birth to their first child.

Latics fans will Never forget him! ERNIE FOR ENGLAND!

http://www.ernieflag.co.uk/site/

No offence to Oldham, good team et all. But they raised their game against us. Just like Huddersfield raised their game gainst us and they went on to lose to Yeovil. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the same Oldham team that got absolutely battered 5-0 at Herefod, yes Hereford?

I guarantee you guys that next week we'll be saying these exact words to Swindon when they come here and raise their game 150%. Oldham were good on the day, no doubt, but there's a reason they were 6th and we were 1st before yesterday's game.

Come on Kareem, you're starting to sound like you're a Leeds fan! :whistle:

Remember, we're only top 'cos teams only raise their game against Leeds.

However, I thought Oldham have been decent both times we've played them, and they impressed me a lot yesterday. Wasn't impressed with Chris Taylor's diving, niggling fouls from nearly all their players, and general time wasting, particularly from Deane Smalley.

On the other hand, Dean Windass is a good man, and did okay in goal. He is a complete pro, and Fabian Barthez would have been proud of his time-wasting before the penalty.

Good luck OAFC.

A little bit far I think. No doubting you're team came with a good game plan and really tested us to which we couldn't really respond.

If only Steve Howards shot had hit the post and gone in :D

Especially with Ian Stringer on the radio saying it had gone in!!!

I am well aware that Lee Hughes invokes this sort of reaction from people and not just football fans either.

I wasn't happy myself at the Idea of signing him but its not for me to judge or discuss.

I have just noticed your choice of words though which answers your own post really,"it was only up the road from me where Lee Hughes had his accident"

However I am here to have light banter and discuss the game, I don’t have a malicious intent behind any of my posts and if anyone feels offended by anything I am sorry.

By the way my dads bigger than yours!!! :)

I was wrong to say you were shit stirring but the rest of my post you should accept and its disgusting to try and play this down highlighting my choice of words saying it was an accident. And why say my dads bigger than yours.

Did he not at least get some abuse when he signed for oldham I would not be happy if he was playing for city.

The game was one to forget to be honest crap but i think on reflection oldham did well and I am pleased for deano and i will not knock our efforts it was just one of those days i just hated seeing that scumbag on out pitch.

Sorry for having a go but what do you expect with hughes in the side.

Come on Kareem, you're starting to sound like you're a Leeds fan! :whistle:

Remember, we're only top 'cos teams only raise their game against Leeds.

However, I thought Oldham have been decent both times we've played them, and they impressed me a lot yesterday. Wasn't impressed with Chris Taylor's diving, niggling fouls from nearly all their players, and general time wasting, particularly from Deane Smalley.

On the other hand, Dean Windass is a good man, and did okay in goal. He is a complete pro, and Fabian Barthez would have been proud of his time-wasting before the penalty.

Good luck OAFC.

I understand what you're saying, but let's be honest about it and not pussyfoot around the subject. They recently got battered 5-0 by a poor Hereford side. Its the same with Huddersfield, they came here and produced a brilliant display but then went on to lose to a poor Yeovil side. I know we don't like to sound arrogant but teams do come here and raise their game, that's just how it is. Next week Swindon will play their socks off and may get a result here, and then they'll go back to being the mediocre side that they are.

Oldham are a solid side, played good on the day and will finish in or around the play-off spots. I don't believe they will go up. In fact, I'm sure Leeds will surpass them.

Ernie Cooksey is a Legend in our eyes and those of the wider footballing community.

He gave 110 % every game and became the spirit of Oldham Fans on the pitch when the club nearly went into extinction.

Ernie died of Malignant Melanoma aged 28, he died five weeks before his Girlfriend was due to give birth to their first child.

Latics fans will Never forget him! ERNIE FOR ENGLAND!

http://www.ernieflag.co.uk/site/

Such a shame for someone to die so young.

The folks responsible for the away days and updating that site are doing a great job, ive been sat here for over an hour reading through some of the great days out they've had.

Fantastic. :chant:

Archived