Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OAFC

OLDHAM FAN HERE!

Well that will certainly go down as one of the weirdest games I’ve ever seen for various reasons.

I loved it all week going into the game being underdogs because after seeing our game earlier in the season I knew that on the day if we applied ourselves it would be a close run thing.

That said I am more than happy with a point given the circumstances but this morning I feel that we should have done better with our chances when they came along.

I have seen you play twice now and TBH despite what the Leeds fans say who wear Leicester shirts and post on this forum your not much better than us but you have what we lack, and what’s important in this division, consistency!

Good Luck for the rest of the season!

And for those who are slagging Matty Fryatt off, take it from somebody who knows once you get your head round your ‘Massive’ ex premiership club being in the 3rd division you will be grateful of any goal scorer even getting more than 15 goals in a season never mind the 20 odd he has by February!!!

KEEP THE FAITH.

Well that will certainly go down as one of the weirdest games I’ve ever seen for various reasons.

I loved it all week going into the game being underdogs because after seeing our game earlier in the season I knew that on the day if we applied ourselves it would be a close run thing.

That said I am more than happy with a point given the circumstances but this morning I feel that we should have done better with our chances when they came along.

I have seen you play twice now and TBH despite what the Leeds fans say who wear Leicester shirts and post on this forum your not much better than us but you have what we lack, and what’s important in this division, consistency!

And for those who are slagging Matty Fryatt off, take it from somebody who knows once you get your head round your ‘Massive’ ex premiership club being in the 3rd division you will be grateful of any goal scorer even getting more than 15 goals in a season never mind the 20 odd he has by February!!!

KEEP THE FAITH.

Likewise, thought you acquitted yourselves excellently yesterday and at times I thought you might steal it (though Chris Taylor needs to get himself down the local swimming pool, his diving was schoolboy :thumbup: ).

And unfortunately a few on here can't come to terms with the fact we are no longer in the Premiership :angry: . We're nothing special, at the end of the day we're a league 1 team, but yes, consistency and fitness have played a major role in our success to date.

Good luck for the rest of the season, you SHOULD make the playoffs at least imo :thumbup: .

EDIT: Dean Windass is a credit to football imo. No fuss, and seemed to enjoy his spell between the sticks and the banter from the crowd.

Cheers. And the people who slag Matty off aren't real supporters.

Good luck in your chase for promotion/playoffs. Sure you'll make it :)

EDIT: Dean Windass is a credit to football imo. No fuss, and seemed to enjoy his spell between the sticks and the banter from the crowd.

Loved the bit when he said if Capello's watching!

KEEP THE FAITH.

I think you'll find the majority of the people on here are more than aware of that and are realistic about our current status. Oldham played very well and certainly deserved a point. I will say though, we are better than that, a lot better. We're clear at the top for a reason, that was pretty much our worst performance of the season.

There's a minority on here who sem to take great delight in moaning and slating the players and or the management. Thankfully, the rest of us have a more stable grip on reality.

Good luck for the rest of the season, if your team performs like it did yesterday then i'd say you've a decent chance of going up.

Yea course there not. :unsure:

Flid.

Why do you believe it is appropriate to abuse people on FT?

Your the one who end up looking like what you state others are. When I have met you in person I have always thought you were alright, but you act differently on here.

If someone has a different opinion than you, accept it, don't abuse! :thumbup:

Likewise, thought you acquitted yourselves excellently yesterday and at times I thought you might steal it (though Chris Taylor needs to get himself down the local swimming pool, his diving was schoolboy :thumbup: ).

And unfortunately a few on here can't come to terms with the fact we are no longer in the Premiership :angry: . We're nothing special, at the end of the day we're a league 1 team, but yes, consistency and fitness have played a major role in our success to date.

Good luck for the rest of the season, you SHOULD make the playoffs at least imo :thumbup: .

Chris Taylor has a bit of a reputation for ’simulation’ :cry:

But he’s an Oldham fan and loves the club as all his family are latics too.

At times he gets carried away and tries a little to hard but I wouldn’t change him for the world!

Now we have got over the January window and we have held on to our hot prospects I think we will settle down and finish well.

Hopefully if results go our way and we can be a bit more professional against the lesser teams i.e. not getting beat 5 nowt off Hereford, you never know we could both be celebrating automatic promotion! :beer:

Aim high and all that!

Why do you believe it is appropriate to abuse people on FT?

Your the one who end up looking like what you state others are. When I have met you in person I have always thought you were alright, but you act differently on here.

If someone has a different opinion than you, accept it, don't abuse! :thumbup:

I said it because in one thread FoxForever said 'People are allowed their different opinions.' then he comes into this thread and says 'People arent real supporters if they slag off Fryatt'. (On them lines)

Sorry for the use of the word flid. I know how easily people get offended.

To be fair - both games are more reflective of your side's ability to harry and push than a representation of our ability. When we aren't being dragged into the cup final type of games that some teams come to us with we are a class apart from other sides in this league...and that is why we are more consistent than yourselves - there's no way Oldham could keep yesterday's performance up for a whole season.

That said, I feel that on both occasions you have run us the closest out of all the sides we've met this season - by far the most deserving of a place in the Championship.

Chris Taylor has a bit of a reputation for ’simulation’ :cry:

But he’s an Oldham fan and loves the club as all his family are latics too.

At times he gets carried away and tries a little to hard but I wouldn’t change him for the world!

Now we have got over the January window and we have held on to our hot prospects I think we will settle down and finish well.

Hopefully if results go our way and we can be a bit more professional against the lesser teams i.e. not getting beat 5 nowt off Hereford, you never know we could both be celebrating automatic promotion! :beer:

Aim high and all that!

How did that happen? You are one of the better sides in this division and I thought that you have decent players and the workrate to justify a championship place, however are you raising your games for Leicester? I don't understand how you are 5th?

I said it because in one thread FoxForever said 'People are allowed their different opinions.' then he comes into this thread and says 'People arent real supporters if they slag off Fryatt'. (On them lines)

Sorry for the use of the word flid. I know how easily people get offended.

Not offended! Say what you like but based on this thread alone which i have read this morning, the comment was unjustifiable :thumbup:

Not offended! Say what you like but based on this thread alone which i have read this morning, the comment was unjustifiable :thumbup:

Ok maybe it was.

For all those people I have offended I am deeply sorry. I will donate £100 to Charity.

God I feel like Jeremy Clarkson and Ross roled into one. :D

I may have said that people are allowed their opinions, but how can they boo/slag off Fryatt after so much he has done for this club this season??

Without him, we probably wouldn't be so far ahead in this league. Just one mistake and everyone gets on his back.

Bet they loved it when he was scoring hat-tricks and game in game out.

How did that happen? You are one of the better sides in this division and I thought that you have decent players and the workrate to justify a championship place, however are you raising your games for Leicester? I don't understand how you are 5th?

There’s been a great deal of uncertainty surrounding our better players, Hughes not signing a new contract, Taylor & Eardley going etc and it just left a bit of scepticism around the place.

We lost confidence in some of the players and you know how bad things spiral out of control well that’s what happened.

Hereford was a disaster an early goal and our heads dropped and players hid,.

We are the lower league version of Man city!

We have beaten the likes of

S****horpe 3-0,

Leeds 2-0 Away,

Mk Dons 2-0,

Tranmere away

southend away , s

tockport 3-1

Two points from you guys etc etc

But we struggle against lesser teams its frustrating no knowing what team will turn up, but hey ho, that’s Oldham.

Windass is probably the last of the old-skool players not in it for the money.. legend IMO and fair play to him

:crylaugh: @ Flid!

Its the lazy version of flidamite!

example, "yesterday that ref was a flidamite" :chant:

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. I was genuinely curious because it seems to be the current insult of choice amongst the Year 3s where I work. :thumbup:

There’s been a great deal of uncertainty surrounding our better players, Hughes not signing a new contract, Taylor & Eardley going etc and it just left a bit of scepticism around the place.

We lost confidence in some of the players and you know how bad things spiral out of control well that’s what happened.

Hereford was a disaster an early goal and our heads dropped and players hid,.

We are the lower league version of Man city!

We have beaten the likes of

S****horpe 3-0,

Leeds 2-0 Away,

Mk Dons 2-0,

Tranmere away

southend away , s

tockport 3-1

Two points from you guys etc etc

But we struggle against lesser teams its frustrating no knowing what team will turn up, but hey ho, that’s Oldham.

You will never do anything if your not consistent. We are better than everyone in this league and hopefully will be mid table or better next year in the championship. Oldham certainly have the support, and base to be a stable championship side.

I feel that your better players like Taylor, Hughes & Whittaker could all be playing a league above. If you don't go up this season, surely a poor Championship side will have them off of you?

Posh, MK, Millwall, & Leeds will be after the 1 remaining promotion spot and at present Milwall look the most likely for that IMO. I think Leeds will make the playoffs as will Posh and MK! I think S****horpe may beat you to a playoff place unless you can keep the intensity of your play against the likes of Crewe & Hartlepool & beat them!

Best of luck, you have a decent side.

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. I was genuinely curious because it seems to be the current insult of choice amongst the Year 3s where I work. :thumbup:

Aspirational role models to some on here this weekend then.

Archived