Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OAFC

OLDHAM FAN HERE!

You will never do anything if your not consistent. We are better than everyone in this league and hopefully will be mid table or better next year in the championship. Oldham certainly have the support, and base to be a stable championship side.

I feel that your better players like Taylor, Hughes & Whittaker could all be playing a league above. If you don't go up this season, surely a poor Championship side will have them off of you?

Posh, MK, Millwall, & Leeds will be after the 1 remaining promotion spot and at present Milwall look the most likely for that IMO. I think Leeds will make the playoffs as will Posh and MK! I think S****horpe may beat you to a playoff place unless you can keep the intensity of your play against the likes of Crewe & Hartlepool & beat them!

Best of luck, you have a decent side.

The Team That worries me that might sneak in the play offs is Huddersfield!

If they dont do it this year next they will.

We have to build on our efforts from yesterday and our next game is Northampton at home a decent win will be a good starting point for a good finish to the season!

Hopefully see you next year!

If we do get to Wembley however our usual support of 5000 home fans will increase to 30k+ for the play off final!

Admittedly with a fair few scum and city fans in attendance I just pray it isn’t against Leeds I can imagine the hassle already!

:crylaugh: @ Flid!

Its the lazy version of flidamite!

example, "yesterday that ref was a flidamite" :chant:

well, when i was at primary school (late 70s/early 80s) it was used a lot, my understanding was that it was short for 'thalidomide', thus the accompanying flapping hands gesture, made with wrists against the body...

well, when i was at primary school (late 70s/early 80s) it was used a lot, my understanding was that it was short for 'thalidomide', thus the accompanying flapping hands gesture, made with wrists against the body...

Thalidomide?

I thought that was a drug sold and prescribed during the late 1950s and early 1960s to pregnant women, as an antiemetic to combat morning sickness and as an aid to help them sleep?

However Before its release, inadequate tests were performed to assess the drug's safety, with catastrophic results for the children of women who had taken thalidomide during their pregnancies.

I could be wrong but i doubt it! :whistle:

Thalidomide?

I thought that was a drug sold and prescribed during the late 1950s and early 1960s to pregnant women, as an antiemetic to combat morning sickness and as an aid to help them sleep?

However Before its release, inadequate tests were performed to assess the drug's safety, with catastrophic results for the children of women who had taken thalidomide during their pregnancies.

That's about right and those children ended up with serious deformities which included very short arms amongst other things.

Shows you how ignorant and hurtful young people can be!

Also I thought Neil Eardley was a class act.

Yup, he was... for sale in the summer?

As for the flid thing... I guess most young people haven't even a clue what it means nowadays. Ignorance is no excuse though. More social history in schools please!!! We need as modern equivilant of "How We Used To Live" set in the 60s!

No offence to Oldham, good team et all. But they raised their game against us. Just like Huddersfield raised their game gainst us and they went on to lose to Yeovil. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the same Oldham team that got absolutely battered 5-0 at Herefod, yes Hereford?

I guarantee you guys that next week we'll be saying these exact words to Swindon when they come here and raise their game 150%. Oldham were good on the day, no doubt, but there's a reason they were 6th and we were 1st before yesterday's game.

Err he's not and neither are you with your description.

Actually He is in a way.

Its the name of the drug and not the name for the condition or conditions caused by the drug or the adverse side effects.

The closest thing is being called a thalidomide victim but in medical terms people were classed as disabled at birth with the cause being thalidomide that was taken by their mothers during pregnancy.

Spasticity or muscular hypertonicity is completely different its defined as a motor disorder that effects the central nervous system.

How we got on to this is unknown.

:laugh: fook off was it! If we scored one goal everyone would be happy but we played very well except we just couldn't score (one of those days)

Behave. If we had scored and scraped a victory i would have been happy with the result but not the performance. How on earth can you say we played very well?!

No offence to Oldham, good team et all. But they raised their game against us. Just like Huddersfield raised their game gainst us and they went on to lose to Yeovil. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the same Oldham team that got absolutely battered 5-0 at Herefod, yes Hereford?

I guarantee you guys that next week we'll be saying these exact words to Swindon when they come here and raise their game 150%. Oldham were good on the day, no doubt, but there's a reason they were 6th and we were 1st before yesterday's game.

As mentioned before we played well yesterday and play better against sides that like to play football like yourselves.

We have beaten all the top sides and drawn against you.

Its not that its Leicester we are playing as at the end of the day your just another 3rd division team, for us its which Oldham will turn up.

I think that on our day we will beat anyone in this division and had we 11 players on the pitch including a proper goalkeeper we should have gone on to claim 3 points, but given the circumstances a draw will do I suppose. :rolleyes:

As mentioned before we played well yesterday and play better against sides that like to play football like yourselves.

Its not that its Leicester we are playing as at the end of the day your just another 3rd division team, for us its which Oldham will turn up.

I think that on our day we will beat anyone in this division and had we 11 players on the pitch including a proper goalkeeper we should have gone on to claim 3 points, but given the circumstances a draw will do I suppose. :rolleyes:

Possibly yeah. But we praised Posh as the best team we played, we did the same to Huddersfield, and now we are praising Oldham, and next week it will be Swindon who are the best team we've played. Its a vicious circle, and the reason its a vicious circle is because most team come here and raise their game. I may sound like an arrogant git but that's the way it is, let's face the fact.

I'm not denying that you're a good solid team, but I don't believe you will go up. Sorry.

Thalidomide?

Actually He is in a way.

Its the name of the drug and not the name for the condition or conditions caused by the drug or the adverse side effects.

The closest thing is being called a thalidomide victim but in medical terms people were classed as disabled at birth with the cause being thalidomide that was taken by their mothers during pregnancy.

Spasticity or muscular hypertonicity is completely different its defined as a motor disorder that effects the central nervous system.

um, we were like 8 years old, and if your mate was being stupid you'd do little 'thalidomide victim' :rolleyes: flapping hands and call them a flid... that's all i was trying to say... 8 year olds in the 80s didn't, as a rule, have wikipedia available to research their insults...

anyway, that's where i know the word from...

out of the same bag as calling someone a 'joey', after legendary blue peter spastic, Joey Deacon - and if memory serves, we used to do very similar hand gestures, but more a la joey himself...

apologies for my lack of thoroughness.

:thumbup:

Actually He is in a way.

Now you're being pedantic!

My interpritation was that we actually struggled more when you went to 10 men

was quite happy with how things were going 11 vs 11 however we couldn't handle the weight of expectation

when 11 vs 10. We decided longer balls and more people up front would do it. When in reality that played into your hands

and you then started to have chances on the break.

Thats the problem with having such a young team though.

I would like to say though I still think in the end we were lucky to get a point.

Well that will certainly go down as one of the weirdest games I’ve ever seen for various reasons.

I loved it all week going into the game being underdogs because after seeing our game earlier in the season I knew that on the day if we applied ourselves it would be a close run thing.

That said I am more than happy with a point given the circumstances but this morning I feel that we should have done better with our chances when they came along.

I have seen you play twice now and TBH despite what the Leeds fans say who wear Leicester shirts and post on this forum your not much better than us but you have what we lack, and what’s important in this division, consistency!

Good Luck for the rest of the season!

And for those who are slagging Matty Fryatt off, take it from somebody who knows once you get your head round your ‘Massive’ ex premiership club being in the 3rd division you will be grateful of any goal scorer even getting more than 15 goals in a season never mind the 20 odd he has by February!!!

KEEP THE FAITH.

Dont know why your coming on here stirring the shit we should have killed you off it was just one of those days. Ive got it in for oldham a bit really because it was only up the road from me where Lee Hughes had his accident and I know people on this forum will say it has nothing to do with this game but Oldham are a disgrace giving this scumbag a contract and i hope they stay in league 1 forever.

Dont know why your coming on here stirring the shit we should have killed you off it was just one of those days. Ive got it in for oldham a bit really because it was only up the road from me where Lee Hughes had his accident and I know people on this forum will say it has nothing to do with this game but Oldham are a disgrace giving this scumbag a contract and i hope they stay in league 1 forever.

He hasn't been 'stirring the shit' though. His posts have been completely civilised.

A little bit far I think. No doubting you're team came with a good game plan and really tested us to which we couldn't really respond.

If only Steve Howards shot had hit the post and gone in :D

That is the correct etymology of the word. Iirc it came into to fashion in the late 70s, most of us grew out of using the word when we left school.

Archived