Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Man Utd and Liverpool youngsters could join Leicester

http://www.soccervoice.com/n090283.htm

Daily Mirror reports that Man Utd youngster Tom Cleverley could be moving to Leicester

Cleverley has spent time on loan at Leicester and done well for the current League 1 leaders. The loan deal could be extended also to last over the next season.

Liverpool youngsters Jack Hobbs and David Martin are both on loan at Leicester since the start of the season. Hobbs had been more or less a regular in the first team playing well in the centre of the foxes defence.

Martin, currently out with an injury, has been City's first choice during the season and rumours are that Leicester manager Nigel Pearson could try to sign them up in full, or try to sign them for an extended loan period next season.

Chances to establish themselves in the Man Utd and Liverpool first team are at the moment light years away and moves to lower league clubs might be the next step for this group of young talent.

Interesting.

I have not seen much of Cleverly but would love to keep Hobbs (one way or another) for next season, should be pretty solid in partnership with the Tunch. Gives Morrison more time to develop, he has stepped up well (from non-league) this season but a full campaign in the championship is probably expecting too much.

However should Hobbs be available in the summer I would imagine quite a few clubs would be interested and it would be a fight to get him, probably worth it though!

Interesting.

I have not seen much of Cleverly but would love to keep Hobbs (one way or another) for next season, should be pretty solid in partnership with the Tunch. Gives Morrison more time to develop, he has stepped up well (from non-league) this season but a full campaign in the championship is probably expecting too much.

However should Hobbs be available in the summer I would imagine quite a few clubs would be interested and it would be a fight to get him, probably worth it though!

Agree about Hobbs.

It may be a fight to get him if he does become available, but the fact that he has been a regular part of our fantastic defence this season must hold at least a bit of sway with the lad I'd have thought

Wouldn't mind loaning Cleverley again if poss too

Agree about Hobbs.

It may be a fight to get him if he does become available, but the fact that he has been a regular part of our fantastic defence this season must hold at least a bit of sway with the lad I'd have thought

Wouldn't mind loaning Cleverley again if poss too

When it comes to players choosing clubs I am afraid I am pretty cynical. However good his experience at City may be, if someone makes a better offer, he will take it, his agent will see to that.

This is the same position with all are loan signings, they have had a good year with us football wise, top of the league and all that, but really have no real reason to recommit if there are better offers elsewhere.

As I have said before, the quality of the players we get will depend on the funds available, so our prospects next season are, like most things in life, all about the money!

I'd prefer getting these youngsters than some old timer looking for one last payday before retiring.

Me too, but would they 'prefer' to stay at City or would the go where the money is?

Think I know the answer to that one.... :whistle:

BTW Powell, Edworthy, Dickov and Hayles should all be pensioned off. (give Powell a coaching role if he wants it, excellent pro who will be a good influence on our youngsters!)

I heard this week that Cleverley has relatives in Leicestershire. That may help to persuade him to join us.

Wouldn't be too bothered if we missed out on Martin or Hobbs though..

I don't think any of the players you mention are exceptional, but we will need to replace a lot of our squad, so if the price was right I would take any off them.

Cleverley looks tricky enough to make a mark against Championship defenders and Hobbs is good enough to start at this level, would not rate Martin as more than a back up though!

Mind you if Cleverley's relatives are anything like mine, moving close to them is the last thing you would do! :giggle:

I think the best option we could take on Cleverley is a season long loan next season.

This way, we won't have to pay a transfer fee just yet, and he's still very young and trying to make a name for himself, by coming on loan to us, he can do this. He seems to have the right attitude and enthusiasm to make it to the premier league one day. We all know that he's not going to get into the Man United side for a good few years yet.

It'd be good for every party i think, Cleverley is happy because he's playing regular football, and he's still on the books at United, United will be happy because it's one less unhappy player that they've got moaning about not being played, whilst getting nurtured in a more tough and physical league, and we've got a highly rated youngster on loan for the season, and if things work out, he could end up joining us permanently.

Of course, the one problem if all this happens, is if we have a repeat of the Mark Davies situation.

Cleverley should mature into a good player. He's a bit lightweight and his inexperience shows at other times but he's busy, he skillful, he's a 100 per center and he's a team player. He'll fit in fine, I'm quite sure.

Hobbs has been an asset too, despite his limitations. Unlike Kisnorbo, I don't see anything in Hobbs's technique that should limit his ability to pass the ball accurately, so it's a habit and choice thing. Someone needs to make him prefer to play the simple 10 yard pass as calmly and quickly as he can instead of hoisting hit-and-miss passes overt three times that distance.

Tunchev and King could teach him.

Martin's okay. His record with us is sound and just because he doesn't have to fly across the goal all the time doesn't mean he can't and doesn't mean I want him too.

It's his kicking and distribuition that are so limited. Bunn is much better in this respect but whether he's a better all-round keeper I don't know yet.

Interesting.

having seen most games this season home and away, the player we MUST keep is Hobbs - he's aerially dominant, very composed and may become as big a figure at the club as Walshie if he stays - this lad is good now and will only get better and better - City should push the boat out to keep him

having seen most games this season home and away, the player we MUST keep is Hobbs - he's aerially dominant, very composed and may become as big a figure at the club as Walshie if he stays - this lad is good now and will only get better and better - City should push the boat out to keep him

Agreed, he is the one loan signing we should really try to secure. Massive potential for the future, reminds me of Elliot!

I also like Gilbert and Cleverly, think they would make good signings. Not at all fussed on Martin though, very average IMO.

I'd prefer getting these youngsters than some old timer looking for one last payday before retiring.

Don't forget experience.. it is needed in the championship. F****t are struggling as they have kids, so I'm told, don't know what to do when they are struggling and heads go down. Last thing we need..

A good couple of ex prem pros will help... still with a bit to give of course..

Archived