Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

Muse

Fair enough. If you're being constructive like that, then it's a lot easier.

Obviously, Matt's voice would completely grate some. That's fine. His lyrics have never been spectacular. The Muse geeks on the forums etc are the first to take the piss out of them.

But the final comment I disagree with. Coldplay and (modern) U2 are (to me) really boring and unoriginal bands as you say, but Muse aren't. Fair enough if you dislike them, doesn't bother me, but I think it's unfair saying they're MOR when they're have some of the most individually talented musicians in the mainstream today. The guitar parts have always been great, the basslines are awesomely fuzzy and heavy, and the drums get better and better with every album IMO.

Much more interesting having a proper 'debate' like that. ;)

Obviously, Matt's voice would completely grate some. That's fine. His lyrics have never been spectacular. The Muse geeks on the forums etc are the first to take the piss out of them.

But the final comment I disagree with. Coldplay and (modern) U2 are (to me) really boring and unoriginal bands as you say, but Muse aren't. Fair enough if you dislike them, doesn't bother me, but I think it's unfair saying they're MOR when they're have some of the most individually talented musicians in the mainstream today. The guitar parts have always been great, the basslines are awesomely fuzzy and heavy, and the drums get better and better with every album IMO.

I pretty much agree with everything there.

For some people, it takes seeing them live to start liking them too. I know that's been the case with me for a few other bands. I'd probably go so far as to say they're the best live band in the world right now, and their stage show is simply awesome.

One of my mates is a complete metalhead and always used to have a go at the rest of us for liking Muse, then we introduced him to some of their heavier tracks during a school trip and his opinion of them changed pretty much overnight. He loves them now.

He certainly can play his guitar I'll give him that.

• 1 month later...
I'm going to stay in here just because of that post.

Muse are boring.

A lot less boring and heaps better than most mainstream rock the past 10 years, and I'm not even a Muse fan :dunno: I agree they're vastly overrated, and they've not improved (imo) since Absolution, but they've (especially Mr Bellamy) got some talent and an ear for good riffs and lush melodies. People recognise that.

• 1 month later...

Revealing the tracklist over Twitter.

Seem to be doing one every hour, so far it's...

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. Undisclosed Desires

4. United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)

5. Guiding Light

6. Unnatural Selection

:)

Tracklist so far..

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. Undisclosed Desires

4. United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)

5. Guiding Light

6. Unnatural Selection

7. Mk Ultra

8. I Belong To You (+Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix)

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. Undisclosed Desires

4. The United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)

5. Guiding Light

6. Unnatural Selection

7. MK Ultra

8. I Belong to You (+Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix)

9. Exogenesis : Symphony Part I (Overture)

10. Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)

11. Exogenesis: Symphony Part III (Redemption)

I really, really think this will be, "THE" album.

I mean, "THEEEEE" album.

"Special thing about the release coming up. Listened to it twice in lake como studio. You are going to absolutely love it. IMO muse made most focused and complete record yet, no record yet not lived up to expectations. One of best brit bands.

All components fit, Journey from start to end, wont stop til the end.

Exogenesis most ambitious and incredible thing ever attempted, and it works. No small feat to conduct something of this magnitude! Spent and emotional. Huge riffs, massive riffs, Quirky pop songs, 10 weeks today, well worth the wait."

Zane.

This is the album for Muse then to finally break through. They are a popular band but they need that 1 great album to finally reach the big time.

I don't want them to reach the big time. :(

It sucked balls with the last album, with all your average Joes knowing and suddenly liking them.

I was there from the start. :cry::D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Listening to Uprising now.

It feels like I shouldn't like it, but I really, really do. I think it's a great tune.

I think there are a few rogue brain cells in my head that think all Muse songs should sound like they're off of Origin of Symmetry though.

Listening to Uprising now.

It feels like I shouldn't like it, but I really, really do. I think it's a great tune.

I think there are a few rogue brain cells in my head that think all Muse songs should sound like they're off of Origin of Symmetry though.

Agree with you there, you shouldn't like it. Its rubbish.

Archived