Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

Festival at the Walkers postponed

Our club manage to mess up again. Hurrah.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~659567,00.html

Music Festival Postponed

The inaugural Foxes Music Festival, scheduled for the Walkers Stadium in June, has today been postponed.

Leicester City Football Club and the event producers reluctantly took the decision after being unable to secure additional days and acts for the festival.

Status Quo had been lined up to kick off the event on Wednesday, June 1. And 24 hours later Lemar and Darius headlined a series of pop acts.

Customers who have purchased tickets for the event can claim a full refund by contacting their point of purchase.

Our club manage to mess up again. Hurrah.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~659567,00.html

Music Festival Postponed

The inaugural Foxes Music Festival, scheduled for the Walkers Stadium in June, has today been postponed.

Leicester City Football Club and the event producers reluctantly took the decision after being unable to secure additional days and acts for the festival.

Status Quo had been lined up to kick off the event on Wednesday, June 1. And 24 hours later Lemar and Darius headlined a series of pop acts.

Customers who have purchased tickets for the event can claim a full refund by contacting their point of purchase.

100905[/snapback]

do you think this is paul mace code for we couldn't sell any tickets? what were they expecting when forest get REM and bolton get coldplay i'm sure city could have sold out with just one big act rather than a collection of frankly shite artists.

lol I could just see it happening.

We could have attracted full gates with one asian concert. (Jay Sean, Raghav, some other random people.) and one concert with Kasabian (prices around £10), and then maybe go for a Hip Hop one.

whoever was responsible for organising this frig up please resign from our club because the marketing/planning side of the club is absolute shit !

pre season tournament - disaster

ticket prices (fans fix etc ) - disaster

120year anniversary bollocks - disaster

music festival - disaster

We could have attracted full gates with one asian concert. (Jay Sean, Raghav, some other random people.) and one concert with Kasabian (prices around £10), and then maybe go for a Hip Hop one.

100936[/snapback]

im really glad u aint organising it :(

100936[/snapback]

im really glad u aint organising it :(

100942[/snapback]

Indian concert, there is a large number of indians in leicester. It would probably sell out.

Kasabian-if it can seel out in nottingham why not in Leicester

Hip-Hop would most certainly sell out, but it would be difficult to get the artists.

Better then Status Quo and Lemar. :rolleyes:

Personally this makes me :laugh: But from a business point of view, what a waste. I didn't really care who the bands were as I wasn't going but it would clearly have made some money for the club, instead we've probably just lost money on it instead, especially with all the advertising that has gone on about it.

i have to say i'm so pi55ed off with this i had loads of quo fans from their messageboards coming to leicester i was even helping them with their travel arrangegent just like to say thanks to paul mace for making me look like a laughing stock in front of sooooooooo many fans of 1 of my fave bands my life isnt gonna be worth living on there for some time

Cheers!!

What a farce. Absolutely disgraceful marketing/planning/advertising by the so-called money men. This is an embarrassment to the club and has shown the public just what an incompetent bunch of fools run the club. :mad:

Embarrasment to the club? what a complete load of bollocks.

What about the fans who never make any noise or who chanted relentlessly for Trevor Benjamin when he was with us? They're the real disgrace to the club.

This type of event (not to my own taste) has been a success in many other places and at least the club had a go.

With the ground share put off for a while, this would have been an ideal opportunity to make some cash and actually see whether the extra income generated could have allowed us to go it alone at the Walkers.

All businesses make marketing mistakes but the thing is, unless you try, you'll never know and if you don't make mistakes then you ain't trying hard enough.

There would have been money spent but there will also have been contingencies in place with business partners to share that cost.

Whatever the figure is, it is not likely to be anywhere near the equivalent of MDV's wages since he arrived and he's not exactly got the Leicestershire public enthralled has he?

Archived