Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
S1DDO

Ticket Office Problems - Online, phones etc

No, but you use staff from other departments to do the simple stuff to lighten the load of those on the frontline. This is common business practice. I've spent years in customer service rolls and I know what I'm speaking about.

This is a bit different from a call centre though.

How are the people that don't work in the ticket office, going to know how to use everything as well as the ticket people do?

How'd you know they've read it Davie?

When you send an email via Outlook you can request a 'read receipt' which tells you they've opened it.

When you send an email via Outlook you can request a 'read receipt' which tells you they've opened it.

Ohhh right, that's quite bad then. Unless they've put it aside to contact you tomorrow? :dunno:

But even then, that isn't what you asked.

Ohhh right, that's quite bad then. Unless they've put it aside to contact you tomorrow? :dunno:

But even then, that isn't what you asked.

Well tomorrow I shall be in the queue with those wanting tickets for S****horpe and/or Crewe so any email will be unread at my house and too late.

theyre not sellin em online anymore....dont you people read?

i do three times a day lol!

I'm away from leicester this week at a conference. I'll be in meetings all day and using the phone won't be easy. So I emailed them, because someone generously offered their priority so we could get Crewe tickets but I've had an auto-reply saying they are unable to process email applications.

I do sympathise with the ticket office. In the old days you queued up or went without. Now we expect to be able to phone up, email, or buy online. Look at the scramble for Glastonbury tickets every year - it makes the front pages of newspapers when it goes wrong, and it often does. It is nowhere near as easy as some people on here are suggesting to cope with a sudden upsurge of fair-weather fans, er, demand.

But still, it's frustrating when it happens to you, isn't it? I'm worried now that I won't be able to ring at 9:00 and so will missout.

Now I can't get through on the phone either!

"This call will be terminated. Please try later"

Gah!

I've called 2 times so far and after about 25 -30 minutes it says that my call will be terminated. i've also tried emailing them but i've got no reply.

Living in Northants and working (full time) even further away, I don't have the ability to visit the ticket office in person.

In order to get Crewe tickets this morning (STH priority 3), I have spent 45 minutes constantly telephoning. I keep getting the recorded message that all staff are busy and that my call will be terminated and to try again later.

Having reverted to e-mail, I get this...

Thank you for your email.

Due the high volume of personal callers we are unable to accept ticket applications online and via email from 6.00pm on Tuesday 21st. All emails prior to this 6pm cut off will be dealt with.

The ticket office will be open from 9.00am on Wednesday 22nd to personal callers, and the phone lines will be manned at all times.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

LCFC Ticket Office

Phone lines are not manned at all times :@

I feel, yet again, that I'm about to miss out on another away match as two of the three outlets in order to buy tickets are not being utilised.

Do the club make money on us ringing the 0844 number?

oh, and the've charged me twice for tickets i probably won't get.

Well, if you get sent two lots of tickets I will gladly take some off your hands. After ten phonecalls and 21 minutes on hold only to be cut off by the ticket office machine it appears that Greg and I will not be going to Crewe.

Just sent this to Peter Jones...

Hi Peter, I hope this note finds you well.

I'm writing to bring to your attention problems a large majority of fans have been experiencing today.

I fully appreciate that the ticket office is probably stretched to capacity in dealing with ticket requests for this Friday's game.

As a priority 3 season ticket holder, I tried telephoning the ticket office this morning in order to secure tickets for our away game at Crewe. My first few attempts were greeted with an automated message informing me that my call would be terminated due to high volumes of calls.

As telephoning was not getting me anywhere and that I couldn't get to the ticket office (living in Northants and working in Cambridge), I thought I would send an email. I got the following response...

Thank you for your email.

Due the high volume of personal callers we are unable to accept ticket applications online and via email from 6.00pm on Tuesday 21st. All emails prior to this 6pm cut off will be dealt with.

The ticket office will be open from 9.00am on Wednesday 22nd to personal callers, and the phone lines will be manned at all times.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

LCFC Ticket Office

I had no option but to try the phones again. Having been automatically cut off a few more times I was eventually given the option to remain on the phone, in a queue. I queued for approx. 25 minutes before receiving the automated response "your call is terminated".

It appears that the ticket office have decided to cut off two, out of the three ways, that we are able to purchase tickets. I fully appreciate that they have to manage the physical queue at the doors but they shouldn't be ignoring those of us that can't get down to the stadium due to work commitments or geographical reasons. No doubt many of the people at the stadium today, buying tickets for Friday's celebrations are not loyal fans, merely occasional supporters wanting to enjoy the festivities.

This is not the first time that I have missed out on purchasing away tickets just because I physically can't get to the ground during a normal working day.

Your thoughts and comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Let's see if I get a reply.

Well, if you get sent two lots of tickets I will gladly take some off your hands. After ten phonecalls and 21 minutes on hold only to be cut off by the ticket office machine it appears that Greg and I will not be going to Crewe.

I am gutted about this too, if the rumours about people getting tickets without being priority are true then that makes the whole thing even worse!!

One thing would make me smile though, I would love to know who Greg is?

:thumbup:

I am gutted about this too, if the rumours about people getting tickets without being priority are true then that makes the whole thing even worse!!

One thing would make me smile though, I would love to know who Greg is?

:thumbup:

He is his son, i think? :)

Just got back from the ticket office with Crewe ticket in hand.

Emailed yesterday but heard nothing so decided to join the queue of about 150 people at 8.50am. Just got in the door behind, probably 75-100 people still when my mobile rang - it was the ticket office responding to my email.

She asked where I was and suggested I went around to the office side door as there weren't too many tickets left.

5 minutes later left with ticket in hand, big smile on my face and grateful as to how fortunate I'd been to get a ticket. In fact if I hadn't sent an email yesterday I think I would have missed out.

Felt sorry for those in the queue and all those that can't get in but when it comes to away tickets it seems you have to be ruthless and think of number 1.

Yeah i emailed the ticket office on monday night about 7ish knowing they wouldn't get the message till tues asking for tickets to see scunnie on friday for my dad and lil bro.

i got no reply and mum booked them online then 20 mins later, they stopped selling tickets online!

Then 8am this morning i got a phone call this morning asking if i still wanted the tickets!

RL has announced that the game has sold out.

I've just spoken to PJ about the braggarts on here. It's not right that people who may be P1 next season are missing this game. <_<

I've just spoken to PJ about the braggarts on here. It's not right that people who may be P1 next season are missing this game. <_<

What did he say?

If it has sold out, i doubt we will get any more!

and even better!

NO MADDOG POSTS FOR A WEEK!!!!

Good for you...... I was gonna pen an email to him. I think its disgusting, I dont mind staff gettin tickets when theres plenty left but not when its a mass scramble like this.

I can't make Crewe so I lent my priority to someone who managed to get tickets by queuing this morning.

Luckily, I will be priority 1 next season so shouldn't have trouble getting tickets which is a good thing as I will be working full time and won't be able to queue willy nilly outside the Walkers when the big games come around. I accept that they have their priority system etc, but they do need to have a re-think in some form about who is buying away tickets, ecspecially towards the back end of the season when people have been 15 away games but are still priority 3 & aren't managing to get tickets.

Hope you get your ticket, Craig.

I can't make Crewe so I lent my priority to someone who managed to get tickets by queuing this morning.

Luckily, I will be priority 1 next season so shouldn't have trouble getting tickets which is a good thing as I will be working full time and won't be able to queue willy nilly outside the Walkers when the big games come around. I accept that they have their priority system etc, but they do need to have a re-think in some form about who is buying away tickets, ecspecially towards the back end of the season when people have been 15 away games but are still priority 3 & aren't managing to get tickets.

Hope you get your ticket, Craig.

You could do what Lisa and Daggers do.

They fill out a form at the start of the season giving them there ticket details and credit card details and they sort them out and send them out on either the friday or saturday for they go on sale.

What did he say?

He's already aware of the situation, and was just about to go and have a look into it.

Good for you...... I was gonna pen an email to him. I think its disgusting, I dont mind staff gettin tickets when theres plenty left but not when its a mass scramble like this.

He's quite a few emails about it. Don't let that fact put you off sending one yourself. The way I see it, the more who email in, the more credence the complaint has.

Archived