Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ASH17LCFC

No new Oasis album or Posts for five years

Not they're not. Influnce yeah but not household name in the UK.

The Beach Boys aren't a household name in the UK??

Behave yourself

Not they're not. Influnce yeah but not household name in the UK.

That's only your opinion though really isn't it?

Some people might not think that Oasis are a "household name".

That's only your opinion though really isn't it?

Some people might not think that Oasis are a "household name".

Well maybe for the over 40's then yeah i agree but their not on The Beatles or The Rolling Stones terms of being Household names. Also your comment on Oasis not being a household name :rolleyes: Grow up idiot.

Please PLEASE think about doing the same.

Why do you pop up in every Oasis thread ? You clearly don't like them, this thread has been taken of topic by a few idiot posters ( yourself uncluded as usual) If you don't like my opinions then don't reply to them. Stay out of threads i make about Oasis and let us talk about the topic.

Why do you pop up in every Oasis thread ? You clearly don't like them, this thread has been taken of topic by a few idiot posters ( yourself uncluded as usual) If you don't like my opinions then don't reply to them. Stay out of threads i make about Oasis and let us talk about the topic.

No actually I love Oasis, i'm going to see them in July. But what you say is just ridiculous, you're such a stereotype, seriously pull your cock out of Noel's arse.

Well maybe for the over 40's then yeah i agree but their not on The Beatles or The Rolling Stones terms of being Household names. Also your comment on Oasis not being a household name :rolleyes: Grow up idiot.

Where did I say they weren't a household name? If you read things properly, you would see it was clearly in bold and underlined "Some people might not think".

That's clearly me saying, that other people might not have the same deluded opinion as you.

Where did I say they weren't a household name? If you read things properly, you would see it was clearly in bold and underlined "Some people might not think".

That's clearly me saying, that other people might not have the same deluded opinion as you.

Whats this gotta do with the topic though ? People just love coming in Oasis threads and wrecking them. Well done Bert.

Whats this gotta do with the topic though ? People just love coming in Oasis threads and wrecking them. Well done Bert.

Just put Valerenga on ignore if you dont like it - if you didnt react, he wouldnt do it. Then neither would everybody else because there wouldnt be 4 pages of you two arguing.

Just put Valerenga on ignore if you dont like it - if you didnt react, he wouldnt do it. Then neither would everybody else because there wouldnt be 4 pages of you two arguing.

To be fair neither me or Valerenga have asked any of you to get ivolved or read our debates have we ?

What's the point of an internet forum if you can't express opinions and debate things? How is licking Oasis' bum any better than criticizing them? At least Vålerenga has attempted a reasoned debate but your response proves to show that he's wasting his time...

To be fair neither me or Valerenga have asked any of you to get ivolved or read our debates have we ?

This is an open thread, not a PM conversation. The whole point is to get involved in debates!!

to be fair though, ash, it was you who took it off topic by bringing the beach boys and my musical ability into it.

throughout this thread i have stuck to the topic - oasis - whilst along the way responding to your points.

the point i am making has not been that oasis are crap, i haven't said that once in this thread - i merely took it as an opportunity to discuss whether a five year break would provide us with an improvement in noel's lyrics, which even oasis fans must admit aren't exactly his strongest point.

unfortunately, rather than simply coming back and showing me that noel can and does write good lyrics you simply, resorted to calling names and ignorant nonsense about a legitimately good band...

so, come on ash, show your critics that you can have a debate on oasis that doesn't involve personal digs...

Your a failed musican because you post on here. I'm sure Noel isn't on Blue Moon ranting about Blur.

no, but he is a massive footy fan, isn't he, so i bet he reads about city online.

and even if i was a massively succesful musician, i post on FT cause i like the banter, it's a little bit of leicester in scandinavia for me, so who knows, maybe i would - ha ha maybe i am :P

Is all this necessary everytime Oasis get mentioned?

Next time, mods should just change the title to Oasis: Ash Vs Valerenga.

Seriously, both of you, grow the fuck up. Its embarassing.

hey, that's not really fair - read my posts, everything i said is maturely considered and relevant, i can't help it if everytime i post i'm accused of being a failed musician and ash mentions the beach boys...

:protest:

I love Oasis. Always have done. There early stuff is top class and I don't think anyone would disagree with that. Yes, there follow up records haven't eclipsed that, but it was never going to. Britpop has gone, what they achieved when they were coming up was brilliant. The gigs they played were monumental and some of the tracks that Noel wrote were nothing short of fantastic, even the B sides are good. Obviously the casual fans won't have heard that much of them, but I have certainly got so much out listening to them.

Some people dislike them, fair enough, but they still appeal to people today, regardless of whether it is the same audience or not.

Roll on July. (Even if Liam's voice is fooked.)

This.

Early stuff was class. No denying that. I went to see them in Barcelona in February and it was top class. Great night.

You can say what you want about your Beach Boys but their not legends in terms of The Beatles or The Rolling Stone. They might have a influence in people's music but they made 20 albums right. How many have been voted in polls as a great album ?

Pet Sounds has always appeared in the NME's top 100 albums of all time. Yes the first two Oasis albums have been there too but I think the point people are trying to make is that since then they have just been milking the fans. To me the only decent thing they have released in recent years is Falling Down (The Amorphous Androgynous Mixes) which is the work of The Future Sound of London.

ok, oasis fans...going back to the original news.

...if they don't release anything for 5 years, it will be 20 years since DMaybe came out, fans will be at least in their mid30s, noel will be pushing 50.

do you think it will be a case of clinging on to the 'rock n roll star', or more a case of 'don't look back in anger'

to me, noel has always come across as being 'old' by 2014 he will be. personally, i'd like to see them come out with something really mature and appropriate to their and the fanbase's age group - but i have a horrible feeling that it is going to be a britpop nostalgia fest....

hey, that's not really fair - read my posts, everything i said is maturely considered and relevant, i can't help it if everytime i post i'm accused of being a failed musician and ash mentions the beach boys...

:protest:

I've read your posts, and they are maturely considered and relevant - the thing is, its just Ash baiting. Now clearly you are a fair bit more intelligent than him, so i dont see why you dont just take the higher ground and just put him on ignore so you dont have to read his posts, and not have to bitch with him for the next 4 hours.

Or do you like slating Oasis or winding up/bitching with Ash?

He does it to wind me up, if he does a thread about the Beach Boys. I wouldn't go in and say they're done nothing since the old days worth listening too :rolleyes: He hates Oasis with a passion which is pathetic because its only like they're asking him to listen.

Mocking Noel/Liams lyrics why ? If he say it once ok but its all the time.

Oasis >>> The Beach Boys.

Only 'cos you're such an idiot at times, you don't respect other people's opinions, so why should people respect yours.

Only 'cos you're such an idiot at times, you don't respect other people's opinions, so why should people respect yours.

I respect people's opinions but he's on a wind up clearly and thank you bert for the great quote. Did you get that out of a Christmas Cracker ?

I respect people's opinions but he's on a wind up clearly and thank you bert for the great quote. Did you get that out of a Christmas Cracker ?

Yeah, mate just opened a christmas cracker at the end of April.

:rolleyes:

Archived