Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ASH17LCFC

No new Oasis album or Posts for five years

OASIS? Bah, just humbug. Oh, and yes, :eek: I have heard them, unfortunately.

Yeah but your a idiot, your stuck in the fooking 60's. Music has changed and got better since then. Oasis music was for working class BRITISH people. They didn't sell out by changing their style of music to crack America which deserve respect. The Beach Boys were a fooking surfer band and made music for people living in California. Pet Sounds was praised by Paul McCartney :rolleyes: Oh he well rock and roll ( Yesterday, Long and winding road, Hey Jude, Let it be)

Oasis will always be more popular and their music played in this country then the Beach Boys. Ask anyone under the age of 30 to name someone out of the Beach Boys or a song.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Surely everyone knows Good Vibrations, Surfing USA and I Get Around at least?

As for naming them - that's sort of a bad way to measure them. People know the names of Oasis because Liam and Noel are often in the news over here at the moment. I can only name one member of the E Street Band that doesn't stop them having been absolutely massive it just means they're less relevant to 2009.

That said I would have thought most people who are actually into music know who Brian Wilson is.

Oasis will always be more popular and their music played in this country then the Beach Boys. Ask anyone under the age of 30 to name someone out of the Beach Boys or a song.

Well if you ask someone under 30 in 30 years to name an Oasis song you'll get a similar amount of people answering.

Well if you ask someone under 30 in 30 years to name an Oasis song you'll get a similar amount of people answering.

Yeah right, Oasis will liveforever because their BRITISH and not fooking surfing dude from UsA.

You say i'm stuckup because i like Oasis. You think just because a bands old and dead. They are legends making them better then anything. Do you like any band not from the 60's or 70's ?

Or even less.

One good album (WTSMG), and that's it.

Not saying Oasis are bad, but comparing them to the Beach Boys is a bit far-fetched, to be honest.

Different era, different style, different influence on a different generation.

jesus christ, this thread should be merged with the dylan thread....

oasis, the beatles, the beach boys and dylan - all absolutely massive for various reasons, oasis have yet to prove their longevity, i suspect in 30 years time they will still be popular to a certain market.

the beatles, well they will never fade, they are simply too important, dylan will last because of his charisma and lyrical worth and the beach boys are more popular now than they have ever been (for some this is due to their 'summer pop stuff', for many others it is due to pet sounds (the most un'surf' album ever).

for dangerous tiger to say only 60s music is worth listening is sad as he is dismissing so much great music, for ash to say that the quality of a band is judged by their popularity is sad and i think he really should (and probably does) know better.

i'm rediscovering my love of music, thanks to the 'bands you like thread...', it has introduced me to so much stuff, inspired me to listen to new modern artists and rekindled my love of bands i'd given up on (sonic youth, public enemy). so i don't care if i'm considered a musical snob, i know my tastes are eclectic and exciting to me -

good music will always last the test of time, and musical greatness is in the ear of the beholder

jesus christ, this thread should be merged with the dylan thread....

oasis, the beatles, the beach boys and dylan - all absolutely massive for various reasons, oasis have yet to prove their longevity, i suspect in 30 years time they will still be popular to a certain market.

the beatles, well they will never fade, they are simply too important, dylan will last because of his charisma and lyrical worth and the beach boys are more popular now than they have ever been (for some this is due to their 'summer pop stuff', for many others it is due to pet sounds (the most un'surf' album ever).

for dangerous tiger to say only 60s music is worth listening is sad as he is dismissing so much great music, for ash to say that the quality of a band is judged by their popularity is sad and i think he really should (and probably does) know better.

i'm rediscovering my love of music, thanks to the 'bands you like thread...', it has introduced me to so much stuff, inspired me to listen to new modern artists and rekindled my love of bands i'd given up on (sonic youth, public enemy). so i don't care if i'm considered a musical snob, i know my tastes are eclectic and exciting to me -

good music will always last the test of time, and musical greatness is in the ear of the beholder

A lot of truth here. I have to admit. The point I am making though, is that throughout the sixties there was far more variation of sounds and style than there is today.

A lot of truth here. I have to admit. The point I am making though, is that throughout the sixties there was far more variation of sounds and style than there is today.

i understand, i used to think that myself - but there is so much good stuff around nowadays, it just doesn't get on the radio, and lots of bands with a modern take on the sounds of the 60s, you should look up some of the bands i have mentioned in the dylan thread :thumbup:

Thats not true in the slightest. There's less variation in radio music but this decade more than any other has been the one where music has splintered into hundreds of niches and sounds. You just have to know where to look if you want to heard something interesting or new.

Thats not true in the slightest. There's less variation in radio music but this decade more than any other has been the one where music has splintered into hundreds of niches and sounds. You just have to know where to look if you want to heard something interesting or new.

Exactly.

There're probably more sub-genres within electronic music than there were genres in the 60's. In fact there're probably more sub-generes within sub-genres. If you know what I mean.

Music, for me, has never been so diverse and so varied. A lot of that is due to the fact nowadays anyone with a computer can start producing it. This is why the electronic scene appeals so much to me. Boundaries are constantly being pushed which helps shape new genres and redefine old ones.

Outside of electronic music I think music generally is more accessible nowadays. Bands get exposure through the internet, cutting out the inefficienies and prejudicies of the music industry and are able to produce quality music cheaply, staying true to the sound they want.

If you can be bothered to dig around you'll realise we've never had it so good.

Exactly.

There're probably more sub-genres within electronic music than there were genres in the 60's. In fact there're probably more sub-generes within sub-genres. If you know what I mean.

Music, for me, has never been so diverse and so varied. A lot of that is due to the fact nowadays anyone with a computer can start producing it. This is why the electronic scene appeals so much to me. Boundaries are constantly being pushed which helps shape new genres and redefine old ones.

Outside of electronic music I think music generally is more accessible nowadays. Bands get exposure through the internet, cutting out the inefficienies and prejudicies of the music industry and are able to produce quality music cheaply, staying true to the sound they want.

yeah, but it's still not as good as it was in the 60's

:D

Exactly.

The Gospel -

by the way, how is your music coming on?

The Gospel -

by the way, how is your music coming on?

Well, err, I still haven't managed to connect my keyboard to my computer yet so it's not going very well at all lol . While I try to work out why I'm such an idiot I'm also trying to get hold of Fruity Loops which means I don't need the keyboard. Sometime soon I'll produce something - gutted though because the stuff I did years ago was only on tape which has now been lost.

See even i respect people's choice of music, i don't agree with it or even like it but its their choice. Still when you come on to a thread about the biggest band in britain and start banging on about 60's music :rolleyes: Your asking for me to bite. To be fair i think your Daggers on a wind up.

See even i respect people's choice of music, i don't agree with it or even like it but its their choice. Still when you come on to a thread about the biggest band in britain and start banging on about 60's music :rolleyes: Your asking for me to bite. To be fair i think your Daggers on a wind up.

Who the hell is daggers? I love to get bitten, and I bite back my friend. An Oasis is something you find in the middle of a desert, which is just where they belong. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah but your a idiot, your stuck in the fooking 60's. Music has changed and got better since then. Oasis music was for working class BRITISH people. They didn't sell out by changing their style of music to crack America which deserve respect. The Beach Boys were a fooking surfer band and made music for people living in California. Pet Sounds was praised by Paul McCartney :rolleyes: Oh he well rock and roll ( Yesterday, Long and winding road, Hey Jude, Let it be)

What a little silly billy you are. You are just fooling yourself my sad little friend. The Beach Boys were not my favouite group either, but they are streets ahead of Oasis. If you want quality the sixties is stacked with it. Great musicians like Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, and Eric Clapton all came from one group, The Yardbirds, and all three are still going big time today, especially Eric Capton. The Yardbirds were not my favouite band either. Sorry brother but your rantings are merely bullshit. So what is so marvellous about British working class people? I thought music was supposed to be univeral. Obviously Oasis are not quality enough to be that, my working class mucker. By the way, I consider myself to be working class, just for your info.

Did you know that Good Vibrations took six months to record from start to finish? Such was the desire of the Beach Boys to perfect it.

or rather brian wilson's desire - the band had very little say in such matters, and mike love was extremely against the proceedings... but yes, absolutely, which is even more remarkable when they had been recording albums in a fortnight before this...

which kind of puts the current need ( and this is not just oasis) for taking five years to make an album starkly into perspective.

or rather brian wilson's desire - the band had very little say in such matters, and mike love was extremely against the proceedings... but yes, absolutely, which is even more remarkable when they had been recording albums in a fortnight before this...

which kind of puts the current need ( and this is not just oasis) for taking five years to make an album starkly into perspective.

Tell me about it!! Tool have only released four full length albums since 1992 <_<

But if the BB managed to compose songs, rehearse and record albums inside two weeks, that is just phenomenal. Then again, the production would reflect the short space of time I guess.

Music is subjective, thats what makes it brilliant, theres something for everyone. Theres no point arguing which era/style/band are better than another because whatever your opinon they'll be someone else that thinks the opposite. I love Oasis, and I also like some stuff from the 60s like Beatles/Clapton if someone else thinks they're crap who cares, they're not wrong or right, neither am I, its just what they think.

Archived