Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ASH17LCFC

No new Oasis album or Posts for five years

I've read your posts, and they are maturely considered and relevant - the thing is, its just Ash baiting. Now clearly you are a fair bit more intelligent than him, so i dont see why you dont just take the higher ground and just put him on ignore so you dont have to read his posts, and not have to bitch with him for the next 4 hours.

Or do you like slating Oasis or winding up/bitching with Ash?

ha, i had him on ignore - but i took him off, cause despite what he may think about me, i am interested in what he has to say, at least when he isn't slagging me or the beach boys off...

mind you... i tried to have a genuine debate about "oasis in 5 years" and he just ignored it and came back with...

He does it to wind me up, if he does a thread about the Beach Boys. I wouldn't go in and say they're done nothing since the old days worth listening too :rolleyes: He hates Oasis with a passion which is pathetic because its only like they're asking him to listen.

Mocking Noel/Liams lyrics why ? If he say it once ok but its all the time.

Oasis >>> The Beach Boys.

...so what can you do?

i must have explained a dozen times what my problems with oasis are, and as i said in the 'music you hate thread', i don't hate any music, if it does nothing for me i avoid it.

and ash... the beach boys haven't done anything worth listening to since about 1979 (LA light album), i'm not stupid enough to deny this.

reread this thread, ash, and you'll see i'm genuinely trying to have a debate about music, not to wind you up.

ok, oasis fans...going back to the original news.

...if they don't release anything for 5 years, it will be 20 years since DMaybe came out, fans will be at least in their mid30s, noel will be pushing 50.

do you think it will be a case of clinging on to the 'rock n roll star', or more a case of 'don't look back in anger'

to me, noel has always come across as being 'old' by 2014 he will be. personally, i'd like to see them come out with something really mature and appropriate to their and the fanbase's age group - but i have a horrible feeling that it is going to be a britpop nostalgia fest....

a bit like the who and the rolling stones then?

no, but he is a massive footy fan, isn't he, so i bet he reads about city online.

and even if i was a massively succesful musician, i post on FT cause i like the banter, it's a little bit of leicester in scandinavia for me, so who knows, maybe i would - ha ha maybe i am :P

Valerenga = Englebert?? :o

:crylaugh:

To summarise:

Ash: Likes Oasis so much he comes across a bit of a bell end.

Valengra: Hates Oasis so much he comes across a bit of a bell end.

Don't drag me into this.

In summary:

Some people have always liked Oasis

Some people have never liked Oasis

Some people used to like Oasis but don't anymore

Keane sell more records so we might as well all go home and have a cry anyway

To summarise:

To be fair i agree, i respect Valengra and his opinions and sometimes we boil over and go off on rants but i don't hate the Beach Boys and i know they had a influnce on music but also Oasis have had a influnce in music aswell. Most bands around always say they were influnce by watching Oasis live even The Killers were ! We are from different era's and in 20 years time i be saying the same things as the old man does :P

MADFERIT :thumbup:

To be fair i agree, i respect Valengra and his opinions and sometimes we boil over and go off on rants but i don't hate the Beach Boys and i know they had a influnce on music but also Oasis have had a influnce in music aswell. Most bands around always say they were influnce by watching Oasis live even The Killers were ! We are from different era's and in 20 years time i be saying the same things as the old man does :P

MADFERIT :thumbup:

I like Oasis AND the Beach Boys. :cool:

To summarise:

hmmm, for the millionth time i don't hate oasis, i just have some, er, issues.

and 'valengra' WTF?

and 'valengra' WTF?

Until this moment, I genuinley thought you were Valengra. Never noticed the 'r'.

He does it to wind me up, if he does a thread about the Beach Boys. I wouldn't go in and say they're done nothing since the old days worth listening too :rolleyes: He hates Oasis with a passion which is pathetic because its only like they're asking him to listen.

Mocking Noel/Liams lyrics why ? If he say it once ok but its all the time.

Oasis >>> The Beach Boys.

Have you even listened to the Beach Boys? <_<

Yeah right... that's why every time there is an Oasis related thread you feel the need to post in it and belittle them, or their fans.

and 'valengra' WTF?
Until this moment, I genuinley thought you were Valengra. Never noticed the 'r'.

Valerenga = Englebert?? :o

:crylaugh:

Nah i reckon he's Mark Morrison doing a tour of the local rest homes in Scandinavia.

For the record...

I fall into the bracket of liking Oasis in the past but now not so much. The Beach Boys songs though are just timeless tunnage that never grow old.

Yeah right... that's why every time there is an Oasis related thread you feel the need to post in it and belittle them, or their fans.

i just like debating about music, and i find oasis a very interesting group from many different perspectives, even if i only like a few of their songs.

perhaps rather than just wading in and criticising me for having an opinion, you could offer something to these threads rather than just sitting on the fence.

i mean, the original post was barely worthy of a thread and, yes, maybe i did it in a slightly cheeky way, but all i was doing was questioning what people expected from the band in 5 years, given that noel will be nearly 50? ...i've raised the subject for debate but most people seemed more interested in criticisng me and ash...

show me where i have belittled oasis fans in this thread....

I think Noel will make a epic solo album, He's admitted he's got alot of songs what aren't right for Oasis. So it will be intresting to see what their like.

Also to my mate, i think Oasis should have had a break after Whats The Story. They had 2 massive albums and it was going hard to make another one as good as the first two. What i hate about anti Oasis people though, they always bang on how the new albums wasn't as good as the first two ?! Them 2 albums are in the history books ffs ! Thats how good they were. Its not easy to write a album what makes a massive impact. You can't judge every album against DM or WTSMG.

perhaps rather than just wading in and criticising me for having an opinion, you could offer something to these threads rather than just sitting on the fence.

I have added my opinion to this debate before... I don't feel the need to do it again. On the other hand you feel the need to post the same stuff about them over and over again. Whether it's in album threads, single threads, Noel getting pushed off stage threads or live show threads.

You don't like them, that's clear. You have made your point so there is no need to go on about it every time they are mentioned. You can hide behind "it's my opinion, i'm only discussing music", but it seems deeper than that. Whether Liam did your sister up the bum in the past, or it's just "ash baiting" I don't know.

You come across no better than Ash and his ridiculously pro Oasis posts unfortunately, which is sad to me because I think you're better than that.

show me where i have belittled oasis fans in this thread....

As i already said... it's not this thread that's the problem. It's the fact you pop up every time they are mentioned with the same critic. I hate muse, I just don't get their music. It's personal taste though, I'm not going to try and rubbish them every time someone says they are good.

If you really get kicks off trying to wind Oasis fans up then fine, knock yourself out.

I think Noel will make a epic solo album, He's admitted he's got alot of songs what aren't right for Oasis. So it will be intresting to see what their like.

Also to my mate, i think Oasis should have had a break after Whats The Story. They had 2 massive albums and it was going hard to make another one as good as the first two. What i hate about anti Oasis people though, they always bang on how the new albums wasn't as good as the first two ?! Them 2 albums are in the history books ffs ! Thats how good they were. Its not easy to write a album what makes a massive impact. You can't judge every album against DM or WTSMG.

OASIS? Bah, just humbug. Oh, and yes, :eek: I have heard them, unfortunately.

I have added my opinion to this debate before... I don't feel the need to do it again. On the other hand you feel the need to post the same stuff about them over and over again. Whether it's in album threads, single threads, Noel getting pushed off stage threads or live show threads.

You don't like them, that's clear. You have made your point so there is no need to go on about it every time they are mentioned. You can hide behind "it's my opinion, i'm only discussing music", but it seems deeper than that. Whether Liam did your sister up the bum in the past, or it's just "ash baiting" I don't know.

You come across no better than Ash and his ridiculously pro Oasis posts unfortunately, which is sad to me because I think you're better than that.

As i already said... it's not this thread that's the problem. It's the fact you pop up every time they are mentioned with the same critic. I hate muse, I just don't get their music. It's personal taste though, I'm not going to try and rubbish them every time someone says they are good.

If you really get kicks off trying to wind Oasis fans up then fine, knock yourself out.

this isn't the same stuff tho - as i said this was a nothingy bit of news and i saw an interesting angle for debate and have pursued it... i'm trying to understand what it is about oasis and why people like ash are so into them.

the only thing i have said 'over and over again', is that i'd wished they'd used their position to try to push the current music scene forward, what that has to do with deep seated hate, i have no idea. i met noel, he was one of the most ordinary people, i certainly don't hate him...

i have posted things about oasis that many people have appreciated and that means a lot to me, i would go as far to say that even ash17 has become more rational in his posts, and i'd like to think that is due in some way to his hearing alternative perspectives.

there are many people who have posted in this thread and the others you have cited, but you don't call them to order, for some reason you single me out for criticism because my posts are in depth and cleary stand out beyond the general 'oasis are wank' comments. why is that, is it something deeper, did i 'do your sister up the bum'?

if you don't want to listen to an exchange of ideas, if you can't stomach a debate where someone is prepared to play devils advocate, then avoid it... i love 60s music, but i'll still debate against dangerous tiger's blind passion for it - that's what makes a forum interesting

I think that's true and I hope it happens. It'd be good to see. When bands have been together for a while they can get lost in being who they are instead of just getting on with making music. Hopefully without the history and baggage he'll be revitalised.

this isn't the same stuff tho - as i said this was a nothingy bit of news and i saw an interesting angle for debate and have pursued it... i'm trying to understand what it is about oasis and why people like ash are so into them.

Well if you ask me your "interesting angle", was nothing more than an attempt to take a pop at a band you don't like, knowing full well people will rise to the bait.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...t&p=1356459

the only thing i have said 'over and over again', is that i'd wished they'd used their position to try to push the current music scene forward, what that has to do with deep seated hate, i have no idea. i met noel, he was one of the most ordinary people, i certainly don't hate him...

Really? I quote the reverend... "Is all this necessary everytime Oasis get mentioned? Next time, mods should just change the title to Oasis: Ash Vs Valerenga."

Obviously i'm not the only one who thinks you're always banging on.

i have posted things about oasis that many people have appreciated and that means a lot to me

Must have missed that one

There are many people who have posted in this thread and the others you have cited, but you don't call them to order, for some reason you single me out for criticism because my posts are in depth and cleary stand out beyond the general 'oasis are wank' comments. why is that, is it something deeper, did i 'do your sister up the bum'?

Because they don't go on and on and on and on and on... you're about as boring as Thracian talking about the Merits of Alan Sheehan. Is there something deeper? No I just think you are a music snob who thinks they know better than everyone else. You think your taste is THE definition of good music... I have news for you, it isn't.

I don't like the way you look down your nose at anyone who disagrees with your taste and what you think is good. People like what they like... Coming on here and telling them they are wrong, is about as pointless as going in general chat and trying to convince somebody who hates cheese, that they are in fact wrong, that it's amazing and they should feel like an idiot for even thinking it wasn't.

if you don't want to listen to an exchange of ideas, if you can't stomach a debate where someone is prepared to play devils advocate, then avoid it... i love 60s music, but i'll still debate against dangerous tiger's blind passion for it - that's what makes a forum interesting

Can't stomach a debate, ha. Do you really think I fall under that banner? As for making the forum more interesting. I find your snobbery, the way you look down on people and the way you convey your thoughts on music far from interesting. I have to highlight music, because in every other part of this forum I think you're sound.

Well if you ask me your "interesting angle", was nothing more than an attempt to take a pop at a band you don't like, knowing full well people will rise to the bait.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...t&p=1356459

ok, yes, but i have already admitted it was tongue in cheek, i genuinely wanted to discuss this but didn't want to come across as being too serious.

Really? I quote the reverend... "Is all this necessary everytime Oasis get mentioned? Next time, mods should just change the title to Oasis: Ash Vs Valerenga."

Obviously i'm not the only one who thinks you're always banging on.

Must have missed that one

:dunno:

Because they don't go on and on and on and on and on... you're about as boring as Thracian talking about the Merits of Alan Sheehan. Is there something deeper? No I just think you are a music snob who thinks they know better than everyone else. You think your taste is THE definition of good music... I have news for you, it isn't.

I don't like the way you look down your nose at anyone who disagrees with your taste and what you think is good. People like what they like... Coming on here and telling them they are wrong, is about as pointless as going in general chat and trying to convince somebody who hates cheese, that they are in fact wrong, that it's amazing and they should feel like an idiot for even thinking it wasn't.

Can't stomach a debate, ha. Do you really think I fall under that banner? As for making the forum more interesting. I find your snobbery, the way you look down on people and the way you convey your thoughts on music far from interesting. I have to highlight music, because in every other part of this forum I think you're sound.

i know you are capable of debate, but i have noticed a tendancy to fence sit, especially in the music threads, maybe i'm wrong - you think i'm a snob who looks down on people and won't accept anyone else's opinion, which is utter bolloxs, why would i have started this thread, so maybe you are wrong too...

i may be boring and repetitive - such is the nature of the internet, really. it seems that if i post about oasis, it gets a response, to which i will often respond, that's how things escalate.

as for "Coming on here and telling them they are wrong", i've openly encouraged people to listen to all kinds of music, i go out of my way to encourage people to broaden their horizons, but telling people they shouldn't like a band i have no recollection of... in the oasis threads i've only ever accepted oasis' fans fanaticism, even if the band piss me off, so i'm really not sure why you are trying to belittle my opinions or character?

i love music, and i enjoy the debates i have with ash17, without our interaction there would be no thread, it's a shame that you feel the need to find fault - as ever, if you have no interest in mine and ash's thoughts, don't read them -

Archived